Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked (Inane) questions

Quote Originally Posted by ddohnggo View Post
    the color didn't run. basically the areas where the boots got wet are slightly darker than the areas that were dry. the whole front part of the boot was drenched with water during the rain shower to the point that it kinda soaked through and my socks got a little wet. pretty bad. the leather is a little stiff, but i THINK it should be fine. but i think pnob made a good suggestion. i'm going to contact some ccp peepz.
    1) Wipe with a humid rag
    2) Dry with another rag
    3) Use a leather cleaner
    4) Let them rest for a few minutes
    5) Use a leather conditioner
    6) Use the dry rag to "polish" (without using any polish)
    7) Enjoy

Don't forget to use shoe trees.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

^that's the one!

I didn't have much luck finding any of the other pieces, but I did find this gem:

Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
    1) Wipe with a humid rag
    2) Dry with another rag
    3) Use a leather cleaner
    4) Let them rest for a few minutes
    5) Use a leather conditioner
    6) Use the dry rag to "polish" (without using any polish)
    7) Enjoy

Don't forget to use shoe trees.
    @ddohnggo same thing happened to my grey derbies a ways back with water-splashed areas forming darker patches on the leather. I did exactly what fuuma suggested (kopped the cleaner and conditioner from hectors shoe repair) and now they're good as new.

this is to say: do not worry.

i got a response from ccp, and they pointed me to the care booklet (i'm stupid). in the booklet it says not to use leather grease, which i assume to be leather cleaner.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

leather greaseleather cleaner.

leather cleaner is literally soap. the principle is that the water on your shoes is not clean water, because new york city streets are not clean, and so a diluted portion of soap will help clean your shoes. however, the use of soap also dries the leather, thus the conditioner. it's the same principle as hair care: shampoo then condition. this is standard care procedure for all leather goods, and I see no reason that ccp should be any different.

having said all this, and what leather grease is not, I'm still not exactly sure what specifically it is. maybe a particular kind of conditioner?

sorry to hear that joey. Not a big thing to worry about though. Like fuuma said, just wipe it with a damp cloth first to even out the discoloration and let it dry more evenly. The way the dye works with carol's pieces makes it dry sort of like how coffee rings dry. By rewetting the leather and "wiping" the edges to even out the drying process so that it dries without any sort of an edge will let the dye reset properly. This was the problem with the green/gray s/s07 overlock. For the stiffness conditioning will be spot on. You can get mink oil to soften it if need be.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Quote Originally Posted by ddohnggo View Post
    i got a response from ccp, and they pointed me to the care booklet (i'm stupid). in the booklet it says not to use leather grease, which i assume to be leather cleaner.
    They don't know shit, don't listen to them.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Does anyone have any wisdom about CCP sleeve lengths on blazers/long coats (non-leather)? The photos on Atelier show what I would consider to be 'conventional' sleeve/cuff length, but I do recall seeing photos of CCP blazer sleeves folded back along with the underlying long-sleeve shirt sleeve and forming a bit of an angle. The reason I'm asking is that I have a long CCP coat which fits fine, but the sleeves are so long (come to nearly the middle joint on my middle finger) and I'm contemplating whether or not to get the sleeves tailored.

Any advice would be welcome.

Orphee, if you are around 6 ft tall, you should be fine.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Orphee, if you are around 6 ft tall, you should be fine.
    Okay, thanks, Faust. I am nearly that tall and would, of course, prefer not altering the sleeves. Guess I should put it to the test and wear it out on the town with the sleeves not rolled up and see if people give me the 'oh my, too long' look (not that I should attach to much importance to what 'they' think).

On a more general note, is extra sleeve length perhaps a CCP hallmark, or am I just trying to find a good reason to justify the extra long sleeves?

yes, its a sissy p hallmark card
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Anybody know how much the non-banded silk viscose Tanks cost at the RO store.

Also what colors do they come in, I've seen the ones on the gallery page for SS09, not sure if there is anything else?

Tank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by KM80 View Post
    Anybody know how much the non-banded silk viscose Tanks cost at the RO store.

Also what colors do they come in, I've seen the ones on the gallery page for SS09, not sure if there is anything else?

Tank you very much.
    I would say that they cost about the same about $200 (costs like €145 in eu). Colours would presumably be

milk
    pearl
    black
    drkshdw
    bleach (the new color)

a pic of my banded bleach tank so you can get some thought on how it looks.

And for that matter, I feel that this season is true to size.
    Last edited by bestial; 01-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.

you're so wrong. they cost like 275.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Just stopped by Liberty in London, they had the new stuff in. They had the regular tanks for £120 and short sleeve tees at £140, but the cut was insanely long, even for someone 6'+. The new bleach color was interesting, but I am not sure what colors to pair it with?

Anyone have any info on the sizing for guidi shoes?

^ it depends

I can only speak for the zip boots, but you should size up as they're cut a size small.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

do dick ovens lame basics only come in the following compositions?
    - ribbed:
    - 100% cotton
    - 100% viscose
    - 85% viscose, 15% silk

- jersey:
    - 100% cotton
    - 100% viscose
    - 85% viscose, 15% silk

do the viscose and viscose/silk tops (ribbed or jersey) pill due to washing/wear?

also are blood colour mens tank tops available?

Ribbed tees are always the silk/viscose.
    Jersey tees are the 100% cotton and the 100% viscose version. Those are the only ones.

Mine have never pilled but I hand wash as wall.

Blood is not available but DRKSHDW used a color called Lacque that might fit the bill for you.

For information, ribbed tanks (85% viscose/15%) are 170 Euros at the Palais Royal store.