• Show
Clear All
  • coup de grace
    x
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
    nambla's demand always outstripped his ability to supply
    lulz. (sorry dude.)

my inane question is this: is ccp09 a better investment than my 401k?

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by merz
      nambla's demand always outstripped his ability to supply
      ah to be part of the privileged few...

another inane question, what is the distinction between a work boot and a combat boot? to use the barney's webstore as an example, these butteros are listed as work boots while these boots are listed as combat boots despite a similar height and general silhouette.

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

indeed that is a very good question..

to just mention this... wrong thread i know.

if anyone sees the Buttero B1101 or Broke boot in colour nero as it is more commonly known in Japan for under $500AUD please let me know.
        WTB: This

Comment

• tangerine
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
          ah to be part of the privileged few...

another inane question, what is the distinction between a work boot and a combat boot? to use the barney's webstore as an example, these butteros are listed as work boots while these boots are listed as combat boots despite a similar height and general silhouette.
          $173.

More seriously, I think that in "fashion" boots, it is mostly a matter of marketing, but if there is a consistent difference, combat boots tend to have a higher and narrower shaft.
          the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

need that baller money throwing gif . seriously though I would like a pair of boots that I can completely not give a fuck about and just wear when I know they'll get trashed.
            Get a pair of Moma boots or URoads from Yoox.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

not sure if i should be in small questions or inane questions, but i'm willing to bet many of you will consider this an inane question

i was looking at the drkshdw jeans on yoox and it has made me start wondering about the inseams. do they come in different inseam lengths? even if they aren't tagged as such? some look long and others look pretty short. also, i know the detroit is slim and the berlin is a little fuller, but is there another fit? a couple of those pairs look really full. thanks.

drkshdwjeans

somehow yoox makes everything look a little bit crappy
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Get a pair of Moma boots or URoads from Yoox.
                thanks for the advice Faust, I've been watching Yoox for Moma boots but they don't have a style I like in my size atm. how does sizing run on their boots?

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

This question should might be in the small questions thread.

Didn't we have a "shoe care"-thread? I'm going to get my ccp derbys soon and have some small questions about the care of them.

I though about buying a ceder-shoeblock. But there seems to be different ones to buy if you are going to have shoes with pointy toes or not.

Also if you guys usually use wax/polish/etc. on them.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

thanks for the advice Faust, I've been watching Yoox for Moma boots but they don't have a style I like in my size atm. how does sizing run on their boots?
                    true to size
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

cheers mate

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

what colours do the damir dual layer tees come in? I've only seen it in white with a black underlayer, from SS08 and SS09.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Trebre View Post
                          Inane question 1:
                          Regarding CCP:
                          24 out of 38 (or whatever) means that 38 of that particular size was made?
                          38 of a piece sounds like a very slim number even by CCP standards?
                          Q. 2:
                          How is it possible to spell label incorrectly on boot?
                          Carol Cristian, without h?
                          And continue doing it over years....
                          It's got to be done deliberately.
                          1. That is the total number of that item made for that batch for that season. Excludes custom/special orders or (as expected) orders made after that batch was completed. Certainly is very small for some pieces.

2. Lots of speculation on this... but like the "SAFE" still printed on the soles, most likely a massive amount of leather soles were ordered and subsequently misspelled/misembossed. The soles have been used ever since and will probably be used until that batch has run out. Not to mention that "christian" and "cristian" are interchangeable in some parts of the world (Christ, Crist, Kirst, Kist, Kierst, Kryste, Chryste are but variations on a theme originating from Austria).
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            This question should might be in the small questions thread.

Didn't we have a "shoe care"-thread? I'm going to get my ccp derbys soon and have some small questions about the care of them.

I though about buying a ceder-shoeblock. But there seems to be different ones to buy if you are going to have shoes with pointy toes or not.

Also if you guys usually use wax/polish/etc. on them.
                            This, in my opinion will ruin the 'wrinkles' in the toe box that CCP shoes are known for. Granted they somewhat smooth out over time I don't think it's worth it.
                            Wax/polish for CCP is blasphemy.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                              This, in my opinion will ruin the 'wrinkles' in the toe box that CCP shoes are known for. Granted they somewhat smooth out over time I don't think it's worth it.
                              Wax/polish for CCP is blasphemy.

Echoed :)

For "care" of my CCP bootsies I pretty much only use some Kiwi clear oil on them every so often and rubber sole them. Nothing else.

After each day of wear I leave them unzipped and open overnight to help them dry/air out before I rezip them and put em away.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

what colours do the damir dual layer tees come in? I've only seen it in white with a black underlayer, from SS08 and SS09.
                                actually scratch that, shit doesn't fit me anyway . if anyone wants the SS09 layered tee in size 44 hit me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎