X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

Thanks Cas and Chinorlz! I hadnt even thought about the wrinkle part been flaten out by shoeblocks... damn, that's one of the things that made me buy them. So thanks for straighten (pun intended)me out.

So, just wipe them of with a cloth or something if they goes to dirty and air them over night, maybe with some paper would work then.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

Is it okay to washed waxed/oiled(?) DRKSHDW jeans or will it remove the finish off them? It says not to dryclean them so I dunno what the fuck

Comment

• Piffen
        • Aug 2007

Why clean them? Since color and treatment wears off without cleaning you'll speed the process up..

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
          Thanks Cas and Chinorlz! I hadnt even thought about the wrinkle part been flaten out by shoeblocks... damn, that's one of the things that made me buy them. So thanks for straighten (pun intended)me out.

So, just wipe them of with a cloth or something if they goes to dirty and air them over night, maybe with some paper would work then.

I just kinda use the clear Kiwi shoe oil as both a cleaner and a rejeuvenator... nothing else aside from that really. Even in Boston if I got some salt marks on it I just used a wet cloth first and oil later. You can put paper inside to dry it but I personally don't think it's necessary. The CCP side zips are built beautifully and take a hell of a beating. The black pair I bought something like 3+ years ago at A are practically just like the day I got them and I certainly don't "baby" them.

It's footwear. Expensive for sure but they are definitely built to last!
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by CommieRabbit View Post
            Is it okay to washed waxed/oiled(?) DRKSHDW jeans or will it remove the finish off them? It says not to dryclean them so I dunno what the fuck
            Wash em with regular detergent and they'll be fine. Definitely air dry though both to minimize shrinkage and constant re-breaking in and also to avoid any problems with the treatment. I hand wash mine but a cold/cold wash in the machine and then drying them flat on a towel will be fine.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
              • Nov 2008

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well, actually. Anyone care to explain Drkshdw jean sizing? They're generally 2 sizes smaller than labeled, right? I purchased a pair of 31s and they fit like 29s. Of course, my pant sizing has gotten all out of wack since joining the gym, so who knows.

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              not sure if i should be in small questions or inane questions, but i'm willing to bet many of you will consider this an inane question

i was looking at the drkshdw jeans on yoox and it has made me start wondering about the inseams. do they come in different inseam lengths? even if they aren't tagged as such? some look long and others look pretty short. also, i know the detroit is slim and the berlin is a little fuller, but is there another fit? a couple of those pairs look really full. thanks.

drkshdwjeans

somehow yoox makes everything look a little bit crappy

Comment

• KM80
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                Yeah, I'd like to know this as well, actually. Anyone care to explain Drkshdw jean sizing? They're generally 2 sizes smaller than labeled, right? I purchased a pair of 31s and they fit like 29s. Of course, my pant sizing has gotten all out of wack since joining the gym, so who knows.

I have a pair of the cotton canvas jeans in 30 that fit pretty true to size, but also got a pair of the black coated denim jeans in 30 and they fit fucking huge, like a size or 2 bigger probably.

I have my own inane question to,

Has anyone with the Damir Doma white T with the half a black under layer tried hand washing it? I know it says to dry clean only, usually I wash anyways but I think this could easily run and I don't want to fuck it up, just wanted to see if anyone has experience...

Comment

• Silk
                  • Jan 2009

Usually when they use two colors together on a garment they are made so as to not run, but like you said, since it says "dry clean only" it may not be safe. I think if you hand-wash in cold water you should be ok. If it runs, oh well it will look unique.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                    I have a pair of the cotton canvas jeans in 30 that fit pretty true to size, but also got a pair of the black coated denim jeans in 30 and they fit fucking huge, like a size or 2 bigger probably.

I have my own inane question to,

Has anyone with the Damir Doma white T with the half a black under layer tried hand washing it? I know it says to dry clean only, usually I wash anyways but I think this could easily run and I don't want to fuck it up, just wanted to see if anyone has experience...
                    if its cotton cash which DD shirts are it will shrink a bit.
                    drkshdw are all over the place.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Trebre
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                      I have that T, and by accident machine washed it.
                      Fortunately with other "sensitive" clothes in 30 degrees (celsuis, that is, lowest setting) and nothing happened.
                      It didn't shrink and didn't run.
                      But handwash is the thing to do, i guess.
                      Usually all those, Rick Tees and the like, can take a cold machine wash.
                      If you happen to have a modern machine.
                      Even if it says dry clean only or handwash in cold water.
                      But it's off course always a gamble the first time.
                      And i'm sure they have a longer lifespan if you carefully follow instructions.

Comment

• Babyshamble
                        • Apr 2009

^^I washed a Dior sweater this weekend. Bought it about 4 months ago, wore it once and noticed a small stain on it, so washed it on synthetics 30 and the top was torn right up. Shrank about 4 sizes and bobbles appeared all over the place. The tag said cotton but I thought a light wash would be ok. Lesson learned, from now on I will read very carefully and follow instructions.

Gave it to my GF so at least it wasn't a complete waste.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Guys, please keep this thread as clean as possible - the whole point of it is the info on the first page.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Trebre
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                            1. That is the total number of that item made for that batch for that season. Excludes custom/special orders or (as expected) orders made after that batch was completed. Certainly is very small for some pieces.

2. Lots of speculation on this... but like the "SAFE" still printed on the soles, most likely a massive amount of leather soles were ordered and subsequently misspelled/misembossed. The soles have been used ever since and will probably be used until that batch has run out. Not to mention that "christian" and "cristian" are interchangeable in some parts of the world (Christ, Crist, Kirst, Kist, Kierst, Kryste, Chryste are but variations on a theme originating from Austria).
                            Thank you.
                            Didn't see answer before

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

no worries :)

added a few more Q&A's to the official FAQ posting on page one!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks Albert. I added The Archive to the list of baller stock lists.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎