X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

yes, thats why i can make such statements though i am not sure i have felt goat leather (lately)
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Anyone ever ordered from thereference.it?? I know they ship by Fedex, how much would you have to pay to ship to say NYC (in sales taxes and if Fedex charges additional costs because they're assholes) I wanna see if I'd rather order to Eu and pay VAT or to USA and pay whatever.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• crz
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Anyone ever ordered from thereference.it?? I know they ship by Fedex, how much would you have to pay to ship to say NYC (in sales taxes and if Fedex charges additional costs because they're assholes) I wanna see if I'd rather order to Eu and pay VAT or to USA and pay whatever.
        i bought my rick leather off them, pm'd via ebay, and they sold it outside ebay to avoid ebay charges, and gave me free shipping.. try pm/emailing them about it. it was via UPS tho, not fedex. took only 3 or 4 days i think, from italy to austalia, with full tracking. good sellers, really patient and good communication.
        they marked the $1500 down to $50. just contact them, shouldnt be a problem

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crz View Post
          i bought my rick leather off them, pm'd via ebay, and they sold it outside ebay to avoid ebay charges, and gave me free shipping.. try pm/emailing them about it. it was via UPS tho, not fedex. took only 3 or 4 days i think, from italy to austalia, with full tracking. good sellers, really patient and good communication.
          they marked the $1500 down to $50. just contact them, shouldnt be a problem
          wow, thanks!!
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
            • Jan 2007

What does a circled F with a line under it mean on a laundry tag? A regular circled F is dry clean with petroleum solvent, but what does the extra line mean?

I'm guessing permanent press, but I'd rather be sure before I destroy a garment.
            Originally posted by jogu
            i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Schadenfreude
              • Jan 2008

the single line always means permanent press.

edit -

also through a quick google search i found this:

Originally posted by ddohnggo
              fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• jamesd
                • Sep 2008

I don't know if this is frequently asked -- but I wasn't sure about starting a new thread either.

What are people's thoughts on all the recent problems with very high-priced pieces falling apart/tearing/etc? I don't mean only CCP, although he seems to be the most obvious offender in this respect, and I am aware of the thoughts that fragility or what have you of his pieces is part of his "experiment" (ie the invisi-seam being a kind of joke on ripped seams) -- I understand the idea but do not support it, if that is really his intention.

But there have been other examples, like RO wedges and now the Julius gloves. And these are not problems occurring down the road but upon trying the pieces on or the first couple wears. It's just especially frustrating that I have to worry about something that costs so much money simply tearing right away -- I don't, like I would expect most people here, have the kind of money to spend on "experiments." And while quality issues can be unforeseen, I don't understand the types of problems we have been seeing. Don't designers do at least some quality control? Especially the ones who charge these kinds of prices? If a glove just rips or a shoe just falls apart right off the bat, shouldn't the designer have been able to (easily) foresee this?

It just seems there have been many (relatively speaking) examples lately of this. Anyone have thoughts?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You are going to have quality problems here and there no matter what. That's what customer service is for. As long as designers acknowledge this and you get your money back or a replacement that doesn't fall apart.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jamesd
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    You are going to have quality problems here and there no matter what. That's what customer service is for. As long as designers acknowledge this and you get your money back or a replacement that doesn't fall apart.
                    Right, I alluded to this in my post. What I am asking about are pieces falling apart right out of production -- and it just seems we are seeing more examples lately than usual. Also, with CCP, I just have a feeling these "quality problems" are intentional in some cases, which makes it hard for me to support him at all, let alone support him at his prices.

Comment

• sargon97
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I was under the impression that designers are not very good in this area. The times I have had issues the retailer dealt with it themselves rather than trying to get a replacement through the designer (I was even told by one retailer that they generally can't return items).

That being said, I would be rather upset is something high priced, like for example RO leather, fell apart after a year.

Comment

• sargon97
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jamesd View Post
                        I don't know if this is frequently asked -- but I wasn't sure about starting a new thread either.

What are people's thoughts on all the recent problems with very high-priced pieces falling apart/tearing/etc? I don't mean only CCP, although he seems to be the most obvious offender in this respect, and I am aware of the thoughts that fragility or what have you of his pieces is part of his "experiment" (ie the invisi-seam being a kind of joke on ripped seams) -- I understand the idea but do not support it, if that is really his intention.

But there have been other examples, like RO wedges and now the Julius gloves. And these are not problems occurring down the road but upon trying the pieces on or the first couple wears. It's just especially frustrating that I have to worry about something that costs so much money simply tearing right away -- I don't, like I would expect most people here, have the kind of money to spend on "experiments." And while quality issues can be unforeseen, I don't understand the types of problems we have been seeing. Don't designers do at least some quality control? Especially the ones who charge these kinds of prices? If a glove just rips or a shoe just falls apart right off the bat, shouldn't the designer have been able to (easily) foresee this?

It just seems there have been many (relatively speaking) examples lately of this. Anyone have thoughts?
                        I would not mind seeing a thread dedicated to discussing the quality or lack thereof of various garments. It would also be interesting to hear how designer responded to defects in items.

Comment

• Trebre
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                          I was under the impression that designers are not very good in this area. The times I have had issues the retailer dealt with it themselves rather than trying to get a replacement through the designer (I was even told by one retailer that they generally can't return items).

That being said, I would be rather upset is something high priced, like for example RO leather, fell apart after a year.
                          From my limited knowledge, CCP (as an example, and as said bfore somewhere) take pretty good care of these issues when they occur.
                          If you have the time to wait for them to respond and fix appropriately.

I have had pieces in every price range, from a lot of designers tear/fall off/lose colour/lose shape/be unwashable or whatever.

My point of view is: I can live with losing a button or two (as long as there are extras coming w the piece).
                          That's normal wear&tear.
                          I don't like seams opening (especially not tape seams), and i don't like pieces lose colour after one careful wash following all instructions.
                          I can see the problems designers are dealing w in this area as they have to produce garments rapidly without time for "field testing".
                          Still is extremely annoying.
                          Especially when you spend a small fortune.

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                            • Nov 2008

Ok - this is a really dumb question, so I figure this is where it goes.

I just got a pair of nice drkshdw jeans offa yoox...detroit cut. They're labeled as black - but they're more of a very dark blue. It's sorta black - but where the fabric has wrinkled, it's clearly a dark blue. Before I return them and try and get another pair - is this how they're supposed to be? I looked at the "blue" version, and they're clearly blue...

lame post, I know, I know.

edit: i'm probably gonna keep em, cus they look great. I just hope they stretch out a bit...I can't go up a size, that's for sure.
                            Last edited by hamletpowpowpow; 08-26-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hamletpowpowpow View Post
                              Ok - this is a really dumb question, so I figure this is where it goes.

I just got a pair of nice drkshdw jeans offa yoox...detroit cut. They're labeled as black - but they're more of a very dark blue. It's sorta black - but where the fabric has wrinkled, it's clearly a dark blue. Before I return them and try and get another pair - is this how they're supposed to be? I looked at the "blue" version, and they're clearly blue...

lame post, I know, I know.

edit: i'm probably gonna keep em, cus they look great. I just hope they stretch out a bit...I can't go up a size, that's for sure.
                              I have two pairs of drkshdw jeans both labeled as black, first pair the absolute black ones with rubber coating and the second pair are blue denim ones dyied black with a distressing effect, i believe all the seasons they carry both (i must said that both finishings are very nice)

Comment

• hamletpowpowpow
                                • Nov 2008

Here's another question - do they stretch? These just barely fit, so I'm wondering if I should size up.

Originally posted by Jorge Hache View Post
                                I have two pairs of drkshdw jeans both labeled as black, first pair the absolute black ones with rubber coating and the second pair are blue denim ones dyied black with a distressing effect, i believe all the seasons they carry both (i must said that both finishings are very nice)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎