Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frequently Asked (Inane) questions

@ magic

dry clean anything with silk in it

Where do all the clothes from the showrooms go when the showroom is done? Do the employees get them? I hear they are mostly size 46, I would love to take some of that unused clothing off their hands Though I know that isn't possible

Quote Originally Posted by ironman View Post
    @ magic

dry clean anything with silk in it
    thanks mate^
    Focusing on object details

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Where do all the clothes from the showrooms go when the showroom is done? Do the employees get them? I hear they are mostly size 46, I would love to take some of that unused clothing off their hands Though I know that isn't possible
    I don't know about menswear, but I found some clothing from showrooms in consignment stores. Maybe employees sold them afterwards. Brands who have outlets sometimes sell their showroom protoypes there (Cacharel). Some luxury brands who want to maintain an inaccessible image sell them to their employees during special sales (Vuitton, YSL). (I know you're not interested in those brands, I just meant to give examples, badly chosen but solid)

As for washing silk, I used to dry clean everything, but I've switched to handwashing in cold water most of my silk items (tops, skirts). Although for a jacket I would definitely dry clean it.

that's where "sample" in the "sample sale" comes from.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Banned

Some designers keep them for their archives.

They get used throughout the season for various photo shoots, press opportunities, etc. If they finally do get passed off via sample sales or whatever, it typically isn't until quite a while after the actual season.

Default Werkstatt Leather Necklaces

Anyone ever showered with their leather necklaces on by mistake or knowingly? Does the leather stand up to the water, or is it a bad idea. I get tired of taking it off and one all the time to shower etc or rain..

Any experiences....??
    "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

/\ Tell us more about last night!!!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Time & Space View Post
    Anyone ever showered with their leather necklaces on by mistake or knowingly? Does the leather stand up to the water, or is it a bad idea. I get tired of taking it off and one all the time to shower etc or rain..

Any experiences....??
    Most leather does fine in the rain. Some dyes will fade though, worth spot testing.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

does anyone have any tips on how to remove odor from leather jackets? attended a party with a somewhat new rick jacket, proceeded to get drink spilled on it; luckily, the lining was the only thing really hit but i still want to get rid of the smell and I don't intend to wash it/get it cleaned

Does anyone know how to keep a cotton shirt permanently wrinkled?
    After washing I twist into a knot to dry. Putting on the shirt "fresh" it looks brilliant but as the day wears on the wrinkles "fade" and it ends up looking like an un-ironed shirt.
    How does Issey keep his pleats?

Quote Originally Posted by cremaster View Post
    Does anyone know how to keep a cotton shirt permanently wrinkled?
    After washing I twist into a knot to dry. Putting on the shirt "fresh" it looks brilliant but as the day wears on the wrinkles "fade" and it ends up looking like an un-ironed shirt.
    I would give laundry starch a try. It's normally used to prevent wrinkling, of course, but I don't see why it couldn't work the other way around.
    He doesn't use cotton.

Thanks

I think that's cool.. and the color is nice..

Quote Originally Posted by cremaster View Post
    something like layering fabric with paper and feeding it in a hot press, then taking the paper out to release the pleats.

and how do you take a water stain out from leather?

I'd just get the lining steam cleaned by a pro - pref through a ro store recommend. I got a ro leather cleaned inside and out once and the leather came back faded and lifeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    does anyone have any tips on how to remove odor from leather jackets? attended a party with a somewhat new rick jacket, proceeded to get drink spilled on it; luckily, the lining was the only thing really hit but i still want to get rid of the smell and I don't intend to wash it/get it cleaned

thanks for the wonderful insight zboss
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Matt87 stop speed posting, or you will be banned.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

This might not be the right thread but there isn't one for the next fashion weeks yet.

I have to go to New York this summer but don't really have a specific time I need to be there so I thought I'd make it coincide with some fashion related things. Apparently NY Fashion Week will be from Sept. 8-16 (Wed-Thu) this year. I'm not really interested in most of the (no longer) Bryant Park shows though, not that I have tickets in first place.

Does anyone know which which week would be better in terms of other events - Sept. 6-12 or 13-19?