X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HWith
    • May 2007

Working in London or NY

I'm really tired of Copenhagen. It's nice, safe and clean, but also pretty boring. There's not much going on, and every time I go out I meet the same people at the same parties. Same old. Cultural life is so-so and so is shopping. I guess the only thing that's really great is public transportation, haha. Everyone that I find interesting are trying to get away as quickly as possible, and I'm seeing the people I like the most move abroad. So I feel stuck in Copenhagen while life is going on somewhere else.
    Anyways. I'm thinking of moving abroad to either NY or London, but to be honest, I don't really know where to start. I'm 22, halfway through a bachelor's degree in business management and philosophy. I Have worked as a journalist intern at a fashion mag, as a media/publicity analyst in a large new/media/publicity/whatever agency, done some logging in movie productions, done some recording-to-paper scriping, modelling and some other random stuff. Is there any way to get a job that pays enough to support myself in either London or NY and paying a rent on whatever 35m2 flat I can get or is it out of the question? Has anyone done anything similar? I'm blank, so any input what so ever is very welcome. I know the smart move would stay in CPH and finnish my bachelor and then start on my master's abroad. But that option doesn't seem too tempting right now.
  • MikeN
    • Nov 2007

I mean, it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but you fail to mention what could possibly be the biggest hurdle in moving to the States...Visa issues? If you have that settled already then I suppose I could offer some more advice.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎