X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rach2jlc
    • Sep 2006

^Eek... not a good sign!

How's the pricing? That's been one rather schizophrenic thing over the past 4-5 seasons. The pricing under Boateng was much higher than it was for the design team seasons recently (in some cases, nearly twice as much). I'm guessing now, though, it will be back through the roof.

$5-6K for leggings, though, doesn't look like the "breath of fresh air" Givenchy needs.

Anyway, I'll check the stuff out this summer at the Givenchy boutique in Tokyo, but until then, I'll be curious to hear more reviews.

EDIT: Just looked at the WTF t-shirt. Looking at it, appropriately enough, made me go, WTF??? Givenchy has room for "tweaking," but a hideous shirt like that doth not a Givenchy collection make.

Comment

• darker shades
      • Nov 2008

In the days of the "credit-crunch" and "down-turn economic crisis", $5-6K shorts + leggins for lads? How did they come up with that price tag? Then again womens' footwear have been increasing in the price tag department the last few seasons, but the demand has increased as well. I recently balked at my sister for purchasing $3k Balenciaga boots. Then again who am I to judge (they were rather amazing structurally).

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Are you guys talking about these?
        (The site says they are a kind of waxed cotton though...)
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Secretside
          • Jul 2008

Yes, those are the same ones, only cotton. I suppose it makes sense to produce two different versions. Anyway, I found the review I originally read - the leather shorts are actually $4K, not 5/6 (sorry!) and the leggings (which I thought were attached to the shorts) are around $300.

Cas, I followed the URL from the above image ;-) I am not liking these pieces individually at ALL. The white/black silk bandanna is decent, but at that price, no thanks.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

4,000 for leather SHORTS...what has this world come to. There are leather full length pants and leather jackets at other designer brands that cost a fraction of that.
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Ok, call off the dogs. The shorts are 1500 or something. My new favorite from Tisci is the net football jersey top. Yeah.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• boxma
                • Feb 2007

Pics are from Huge Magazine Feb Issue

Comment

• surver
                  • Oct 2007

things look much better from afar... ditto on comments re the s&m ish gladiator-ish shoes...

perhaps tisci should stick to women's wear?

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

has anyone seen the new shop image? looked alot nicer in the published pics... in person, kind of a let-down... sigh... good concept though

Comment

• rach2jlc
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Ok, call off the dogs. The shorts are 1500 or something. My new favorite from Tisci is the net football jersey top. Yeah.
                      Okay, I've put them back on their leash. (haha)

$1500 is dumb, not not absurd. Dolce & Gabbana or Dior Homme would charge at least that much.

NEvertheless, the idea of leather shorts in summertime sort of turns my stomach and I fail to see the point. All that I'm picturing are a bunch of skinny fashion-victims sweating their asses off (literally) and ruining their shorts when they try to wear them with leggings in a New York city August.

Anyway, I've always been equally a fan of their men's accessories line, which looks nice this season, too. They've worked up a new "Crest" for the house that is sort of interesting... though of course it will probably be plastered garishly across wallets, totes, and messengers such that it will quickly lose any appeal.

Comment

• blacksuit
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2008

Why he push up?????

Comment

• rach2jlc
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by blacksuit View Post
                          Why he push up?????
                          What exactly do you mean?

Comment

• darker shades
                            • Nov 2008

Is that a coded language?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

the thing i liked best about this collection from the start was the styling of the shirts and how they're cut kind of blousy, even if paired with slimmer bottoms. Good to see that's been kept, based on those mag shots. I think the bloated shirt needs a comeback, tapered razor slim everything fits to a tee philosophy always bored the crap out of me.

edit: runway photo example - this is my favorite kind of shirt fit, even when tucked in -

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• rach2jlc
                                • Sep 2006

^To me, "blousy" shirt means every RTW American or made for American market button-down in existence that drape me like a tent.

I think you've got to have JUST the right kind of body type/shape to make it work without it just looking frumpy. That model in the pic does it great... but I think for us mere mortals, it would be much harder to pull off.

I dunno... the more time I spend with this collection, the harder time I see translating it into really do-able stuff. What is there that IS doable, though, nevertheless isn't spectacular enough to warrant switching over from another brand to "go with" Givenchy.

The "attention-getting" stuff, though, is so unwearable or odd that I hardly see anybody going for it.

I'm waiting with anticipation for something a little MORE from Tisci in 2 weeks. Don't fail us... Riccardo!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎