Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raf Simons watch / towel / keychain / fail

Default The Raf Simons watch / towel / keychain / fail

Put all the Raf lameness in here. Hope he comes to his senses.

It's hilarious how low Raf simons is willing to go, but he yet again he fails.

From the looks of the image and “message” you could assume that this is a piece of new art - maybe stencil white on black canvas. The truth is that it is a simple (or not so simple) beach towel from Raf Simons with a very open ended message: “there is a crack in everything that’s how the light gets in”. It’s part of the Raf Simon’s Spring/Summer 2009 Accessories collection.

I’m struggling with having this message on a beach towel, as the only crack I can relate to it, is the finer side of a human laying on it. The price is 125€ (173$US).
    Last edited by Faust; 01-06-2009 at 01:50 PM.

I expect better things from Raf Simons. Why a beach towel. This is so utterly useless and it doesn't add ANYTHING to his brand, if that was the reason to make a fucking beachtowel.
    This is just as bad as the douchebag t-shirts from Dior Homme posted in wtf.

Leonard Cohen as the inspiration for a season is deep. Leonard Cohen on a beach towel is like a kiddie pool. What went wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Is that quote, on a towel, unfortunate or very juvenile?
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

[quote=Eternal;113581]If the towel where made of sheer-cotton or cashmere, it would at least be kinda cool. But honestly, does Raf have a lot of fanboys buying everything Raf designs? ( Beside of Suckdick, no offence ;) ) Raf may not have gone mainstream yet, but this is sellout. I used to love raf, and I admire some of his pieces. But this is bullshit! He could as well join KVA on Dior, or he could start designing for Dsquared. What's up with this? Does Raf wants douchbags to wear his designs?[/quote]

Certainly if they'll pay him to. It's obvious that his name integrity is fast going far far out the door.

Items like this are pure cash cows in the industry. MASSIVE profit margins, bottom rung production costs, price-accessible to everyone. This isn't design, wearable art, or even clever... it's a piece of dogshit in cloth form.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

it's like a dagger in my eyes...

mercy kill! mercy kill! mercy kill! etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

wow - i thought the number (n)ine 'hotel portland' towel was in a class all by itself - guess not.

Certainly if they'll pay him to. It's obvious that his name integrity is fast going far far out the door.

Items like this are pure cash cows in the industry. MASSIVE profit margins, bottom rung production costs, price-accessible to everyone. This isn't design, wearable art, or even clever... it's a piece of dogshit in cloth form.[/QUOTE]

Aye, there's the rub. Great design and integrity, or total rubbish and MASSIVE profit margins?
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by BBSCCP View Post
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Quote Originally Posted by theetruscan View Post
    Is that quote, on a towel, unfortunate or very juvenile?
    It's Leonard Cohen lyrics - need you ask?! Of course one has to listen to the entire song. But, yea, the towel is a fail.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

spots blown
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

What?! Leonard Cohen lyrics you say??? dibs!
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    It's Leonard Cohen lyrics - need you ask?! Of course one has to listen to the entire song. But, yea, the towel is a fail.
    Hey, those lyrics will have a lot of meaning when you're brushing the sand out of your shorts
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Quote Originally Posted by BBSCCP View Post
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

I need this to complete my Raf Simons F/W 04 beaching outfit.

'there is a crack in your ass, that's how the sand gets in'

i'm just such a hopeless romantic today!

not that surprising i guess, especially after I saw this at palais royal...

Is it at least embroidered in the towel and not just printed? What does it actually cost?

copped. fuck the world.

if it was julius and had ram-leather tassles, you'd all be jumping on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kunk75 View Post
    copped. fuck the world.
    Hah. Kunk, I love you for this.
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

What? how much damm?

In related news.... I am thinking to rename this thread to "Raf Watch" so we can dump all the shit in one place. What do you think?

HIGH FIVE: Jil Sander’s creative director Raf Simons has turned his expert hand to premium denim clothes for men. The sleek tailored pieces, in off-white, blue or gray denim, will roll out to Jil Sander stores worldwide for spring, and come packaged in an exclusive navy box. Fashioned with traditional sartorial workmanship, the five-pocket pants are slim or boot-leg, while the skinny two-button blazers feature inner pockets and softly padded shoulders.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine