Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Is it at least embroidered in the towel and not just printed? What does it actually cost?
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

copped. fuck the world.

if it was julius and had ram-leather tassles, you'd all be jumping on it.

Comment

• Magician
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
        copped. fuck the world.
        Hah. Kunk, I love you for this.
        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• blacksuit
          Banned
          • Dec 2008

What? how much damm?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

In related news.... I am thinking to rename this thread to "Raf Watch" so we can dump all the shit in one place. What do you think?

HIGH FIVE: Jil Sander’s creative director Raf Simons has turned his expert hand to premium denim clothes for men. The sleek tailored pieces, in off-white, blue or gray denim, will roll out to Jil Sander stores worldwide for spring, and come packaged in an exclusive navy box. Fashioned with traditional sartorial workmanship, the five-pocket pants are slim or boot-leg, while the skinny two-button blazers feature inner pockets and softly padded shoulders.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I saw pictures of that somewhere before. I'll try and find again and post it here.

Nothin' like a denim suit....

Edit- Here it is:
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                In related news.... I am thinking to rename this thread to "Raf Watch" so we can dump all the shit in one place. What do you think?
                Fine by me!

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

i'll probably stick to my wrangler and rogan denim suits. no man needs more than 2.

Originally posted by Casius View Post
                  I saw pictures of that somewhere before. I'll try and find again and post it here.

Nothin' like a denim suit....

Edit- Here it is:

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

shit, saw the re-titled thread and thought he partnered with swatch in the last few hours.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

LOL. I expected confusion. Good. Tell me this though - would you be surprised? I imagine the fashion tag lines, "Now, you can time your teenage angst precisely thanks to the new collaboration between Raf Simons and Swatch. The black hands on black faceplate..."
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I could actually see a Raf Simons watch being pretty cool - probably as close as he's gotten so far to his Industrial Design background.

Something I've been thinking about recently is that by sharing his name with his "brand" Raf has introduced a degree of confusion in who is doing something. Not a new concept by any means, but what if he did design a watch and it was simply "by Raf Simons" as a designer and not associated with his "brand?"

I personally feel that with Fred Perry, for instance (which I still assert made perfect sense as a collaboration given Raf's penchant for subculture) this would have made sense (and would for a watch as well) but I doubt that anyone would be willing to "collaborate" with him unless he was willing to bring his own brand name's cachet to the table for advertising / business terms.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

i thought it meant he was on suicide watch
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

I agree, Servo. The difference between brand and vision is the largest divide between design and consumer product.

I think the collaborations with brands are major signs of decline. When they're better off doing their own thing, why do they turn to other brands? Like Raf and Fred Perry, CDG and H&M, (n)ine and New Era, the list goes on.. It's just the opposite of what they should be doing as independant names: somthing different.. How does a designer represent him or herself and his or her image, and how is it reflected in their brain child, the brand name they inevitably spawn? I think it shoud stay pure.

Rick Owens creates a kind of universe, or at least a developed aesthetic through his designs, archetechtural and sartorial, they both mesh together and give a feeling of fullness. The people are those who fit into his clothing, and their environment is his archetecture (at least I like to think so). But when a designer resorts to beach towels, shallowly flaunting quotes from Leonard Cohen, where does that fit into their microcosmic artistic world? Fuck!
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• kucejoe
                              • Sep 2006

So, if Leonard Cohen lyrics are not your thing, but you still want a part of the Raf Simons beach experience, what should you do?

Here is the answer:
                              Last edited by kucejoe; 01-06-2009, 10:32 PM.
                              Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Pinoy
                                • Dec 2006

^ i thought that was a photoshop prank but then i realized the image came from colette.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎