X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

haha, or dj shadow doing bar mitzvahs. I really would like to burn all my raf archive. how hard up can he be? Doesn't the jil gig pay?

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

k, so i just got off the phone. Raf will be by at 10am tomorrow to decorate the kids' new room! I will stand in the shadow of greatness!

Comment

• Dec 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        When you find an art photographer who is already famous and rich doing wedding photography, let me know, ok?
        I can think of famous and successful photographers who've had to whore themselves out for commercial/advertising work.

Well yeah, I've said things which I've changed my mind/ will change my mind about but its like I'm just having an argument with myself cause everyone else is busy being all "EW RAF!". I don't know whats going on inside his head (neither does anyone here) and there isn't a point in speculating.
        I agree that the homewares/heritage lines sounds like "sell out" and I'm thinking the products in those lines won't really interest me. So I'll just let it fall off the radar.
        Does anyone realise this thread is just a load of bitter people whining about some guy somewhere far away who's doing something they don't agree with?

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
          Does anyone realise this thread is just a load of bitter people whining about some guy somewhere far away who's doing something they don't agree with?
          true, but that's 97% of the Internet
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 525252 View Post
            aaah, the last refuge of someone who has nothing to say. same as "it's just your opinion, tastes are purely subjective." keep it up, and you will be talking to yourself real quick.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dec 2010

the intent was more "wow you guys are bitter."

Comment

• Karamazov
                • Jan 2011

Surely people are bitter only because they know what this guy used to be capable of. And now, when he's been given a good opportunity for reinvention, he's doing exactly what he shouldn't: spreading himself even thinner. We could assume that it was his manufacturer pushing him to have all these diffusion lines and collaborations, but we can't be sure anymore; that relationship has just been broken off and he's creating even more lines.

I didn't grow up in the same time period as him, but I understand how heavily he latched on to music and culture because I know that in myself, so to see that he can digress so far from that is puzzling and a bit sad. I mean, the same guy who referred to a song by the Cure for more than one season (and thereby obviously displayed what kind of things moved him) is now putting out towels with his name stamped all over them. Can you not see the disparity? There's no longer the same personal attachment to his own output. People who liked his older work probably know that translating such attachment into tangible work is a singular trait, and subsequently have every right to be disappointed with him and, yes, bitter, even if we don't know the bloody man.

His work is for public consumption. If he didn't want criticism, he should've been making and wearing his own clothes exclusively. Evidently he doesn't.

Comment

• Macro
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  aaah, the last refuge of someone who has nothing to say. same as "it's just your opinion, tastes are purely subjective." keep it up, and you will be talking to yourself real quick.
                  and I was thinking that art is subjective. how silly of me to have my own opinion!
                  every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• Karamazov
                    • Jan 2011

I think he just means that statements like that don't foster a good environment for discussion.

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                      • Dec 2010

they are extremely narrow minded, i would say.
                      i can imagine Raf's blankets thrown over the corbusier chair in the Villa Savoye living room.. Villa Savoye, as Corbusier describes it, is a machine to live in. and those Raf towels in the Villa Savoye bathroom. i cant wait for the homeware line, really. so Bauhaus.RafHouse.

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                        • Dec 2010

and yes, the s/s 2011 jil sander collection would go perfectly with the orange walls of the villa savoye bedrooms..thrilled!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I, personally, cannot wait for Raf's new line of condoms. I bet they will smell like teen spirit.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                            • Dec 2010

yes sure, and they will have HOLEs on them .

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                              Surely people are bitter only because they know what this guy used to be capable of. And now, when he's been given a good opportunity for reinvention, he's doing exactly what he shouldn't: spreading himself even thinner. We could assume that it was his manufacturer pushing him to have all these diffusion lines and collaborations, but we can't be sure anymore; that relationship has just been broken off and he's creating even more lines.

I didn't grow up in the same time period as him, but I understand how heavily he latched on to music and culture because I know that in myself, so to see that he can digress so far from that is puzzling and a bit sad. I mean, the same guy who referred to a song by the Cure for more than one season (and thereby obviously displayed what kind of things moved him) is now putting out towels with his name stamped all over them. Can you not see the disparity? There's no longer the same personal attachment to his own output. People who liked his older work probably know that translating such attachment into tangible work is a singular trait, and subsequently have every right to be disappointed with him and, yes, bitter, even if we don't know the bloody man.

His work is for public consumption. If he didn't want criticism, he should've been making and wearing his own clothes exclusively. Evidently he doesn't.
                              Word. I think this is the (right) answer to all what's-up-with-raf questions.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                                • Dec 2010

you are all about music references .there is more to Raf and more to life than music. like arts, like technology. if you want a band t-shirt, just go to your local market and try to respect Raf's new target market.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎