• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brother Stasi
    • Feb 2008

'Peppermint' Vest

Good Evening/day/morning SZ,

I've had some free time on my hands so what do I do? I drape, pattern, cut, make, and dye a vest... What's wrong with me lately?
    Anyways I thought I'd share photos of my recent project and see if anyone has any suggestions and what not... I haven't gotten any photos since the vest dried, but You get the idea (and if need be I might just take some photos and post those as well...)

Oh... and the "dye" really should be called a tint or a stain I suppose. It's peppermint tea (so now it smells all fresh and grandpa like...)

::Peppermint Staining:::

• philip nod
    • Aug 2007

nice, does it come in a tea bag?
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Brother Stasi
      • Feb 2008

>Eternal:
      I'm definitely planning on wearing it! And as for the black... I was about to make it in black (and I have the fabric to do so, so I may still do it...) but I had all this white/creme fabric lying around that I just had to get rid of... plus my wardrobe is pretty much all black already! Sometimes a little contrast is nice I suppose. :P

>p.Nod:
      ... sadly, no.... it doesn't yet come in a tea bag (either in tea bag fabric or tea bag packaging... but that could be a pretty fun concept! Not sure if that's what you meant, but thank you for the idea none the less!...)

But on a related note; with the tea staining the tea bags leaked and I had to spend an extra 15minutes cleaning the tea particles off the vest and out of it's pockets, etc... so you could say it was COVERED in TEA BAG contents... ha ha haaaaaaaa... no . sorry; bad attempt at a pun. I'll go sit in the corner for that lame effort. ::sulks::

Comment

• Test
        • Dec 2008

This looks very cool. I've always thought a nice white or light beige was a great shock to a black/grey layered outfit. I'd definitely like to see a fit picture.

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

very neat, quality seems very good, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
          looking forward to seeing more of your work
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ykidkwis
            • Jul 2008

nice fabrication! i like the eyelet fabric and the the paneling in the back is cool. the cut is very reminiscent of Ann's waistcoats :)

Comment

• Mar 2009

really nice vest. I'm tempted to create my own now

Comment

• diamonds
                • Dec 2006

thats very nice. i like the pockets and the back shape alot.

did the leftover tea bits stain little green specks? i think that would be an interesting colour addition

Comment

• Brother Stasi
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by diamonds View Post
                  thats very nice. i like the pockets and the back shape alot.

did the leftover tea bits stain little green specks? i think that would be an interesting colour addition
                  Thanks... for the most part I'm pretty happy with it. There's only about 20 shape/fit/trim and construction issues that annoy my about it! haha.

The color of the waist coat came out a really nice vintage-y off white. My only complaint is that those little leftover specks of tea you mentioned managed to sneak INSIDE through the seems of the entire garment. It's nothing noticeable except until you have to clean it and you're thinking there are new stains all over the garment (and it being off white...), but noo; just tea specklets on the inside of the garment that only show through when the fabric is wet! :/

And ykidkwis, thanks! I'm a really huge fan of Ann and the past couple garments I made for myself were, in part, trying to satisfy my ANN needs despite the fact I'm currently too poor for the real thing! haha

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎