Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mute
    • Aug 2008

re: Hadid, Zaha - doesn't seem like she's interested in anything beyond formal hybridity, to me these ventures from one discipline into another tend to demonstrate how unwilling the designer is to reconsider their approach regardless of the objective.

Comment

• swami
      • Jul 2008

Agreed! Not to mention that everything is an extension of the one fluid shape designed using a kick ass software but an asthetic that is the 80s vision of the future.
      Another proposed monstrosity...
      Zaha Hadid Architects have won a competition to design the new headquarters of Antwerp Port Authority in Antwerp, Belgium.

Comment

• asho
        • Nov 2007

my only reason for pedantry is I'm on my way to becoming an architect and would like to see a healthy distance maintained between myself and the likes of newson... as well as the undue glory heaped upon him in a country a little short on design icons.
        Last edited by asho; 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by asho View Post
          marc newson is not an architect... i fucking hate that Memphis shit
          Marc Newson has nothing to do with the Memphis design movement (which I also do not like) but you are correct that he is not an architect (either is Philippe Starck) they are both industrial designers. Newson was educated as a furniture designer and I'm not sure what Starck's background education is in but his early work was inflatable furniture. I'm sure both have teams working for them which included trained architects.
          THE HOUSE OF DIS
          embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

might be worth mentioning Rem and co.'s contributions with United Nude

Comment

• droogist
              • Sep 2006

^ That's not the Rem Koolhaas you're thinking of. United Nude is designed by Big Rem's nephew, Rem D. Koolhaas. Little Rem was indeed trained as an architect, however.

Comment

• profondo nero
                • Aug 2012

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍