X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    yes, the first of many mistakes, apparently!

I know she is a favorite of yours, Zam. You have very fine taste!
    i like her because she respects womens body and privacy in her work, to think of it i had bought a few of her pieces for my wife when we were dating, but my all time favorite (designer crush) is a little designer from LA named Jasmin Shokrian........ do you know her?
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      my all time favorite (designer crush) is a little designer from LA named Jasmin Shokrian........ do you know her?
      well, i do now! She is a very lovely woman and the designs on her website are lovely too. i like your stuff better though.

***speaking of which, i keep meaning to tell you that i wear my skirt all the time (and my top also, although more in the spring) and i get lots and lots of compliments!
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

well, i do now! She is a very lovely woman and the designs on her website are lovely too. i like your stuff better though.

***speaking of which, i keep meaning to tell you that i wear my skirt all the time (and my top also, although more in the spring) and i get lots and lots of compliments!

thanks, that is the greatest compliment. I hate when people say........ oh your stuff is so lovely, but never acquire any of it. so your words do mean alot to me............i really miss designing, i still have a lot of work i want to do............ maybe soon again...................
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

i like how this is the antithesis of the les thread. everybody being really nice and complimentary no egos at stake, why because its a thread about designers...the second it becomes about ones own time to bite off the head
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            i like how this is the antithesis of the les thread. everybody being really nice and complimentary no egos at stake, why because its a thread about designers...the second it becomes about ones own time to bite off the head
            You're just jealous because I'm more baller than you and Les was god!!! Just kidding. Yeah good thread. I wonder if I can ask Branquinho to marry me after her show is over. Another cute Véronique is Véronique Nichanian at Hermès but I doubt you guys like her designs.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• rorschach
              • Sep 2008

Agreeeeeee. She is so lovely.

Speaking of which, we should have pics in this thread.

edit: servo got their first!

Yeah, branquinho is one of the favorites. She has a book out now - a retrospective of her past seasons with lots of imagery and text. I saw it in her antwerp store in October and was going to get it but didnt get a chance to go back for it. Got sucked into the Annie D flagship worm hole and by the time we got out things were closing for the day..

Re: Slimane. I read in an interview somewhere that he often made his own clothes growing up. His mother was a seamstress so, from a young age, he learned sewing, pattern making, etc and thus was always able to make the clothes he wanted.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Is the VB book the expo book, if so get it, I like it alot. The only criticism I could make is that some of the collection pictures are small because they wanted to fit a lot of them in a small package.
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Yea, man, as much as I loved Stockholm - gorgeous city - the population looked so homogenious, it was mind boggling. I've never seen anything like that. Weird. Lots of JL logos. Oh, well.
                  it's freaking annoying you know. People are so afraid of sticking out here, it's insane.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    Is the VB book the expo book, if so get it, I like it alot. The only criticism I could make is that some of the collection pictures are small because they wanted to fit a lot of them in a small package.
                    Yea, that part sucked. Ok, ok, since you are all so VB-loving all of a sudden (errr, I mean decided to express your love for her all of a sudden), I promise to upload the entire MoMu exhibition I shot, including a video (I suck at youtube though).
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                      it's freaking annoying you know. People are so afraid of sticking out here, it's insane.
                      That's interesting, with todays obsession with the subject, everybody seems to want to define themselves. You would think one of the best sales/marketing point a label can have is, if you wear this you are an unique and special individual.
                      Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        To be honest I sometimes find some SZ looks to be quite fashion victimy as it just looks like a huge pile of designer clothes on top of another. I honestly don't think I'm ever guilty of that so I guess I'm feeling smug right now.
                        I honestly believe if I ever was a victim of anything, it is of a bod(y)(ies).

I love Ann Demeulemeester in her own clothing.
                        I honestly think she is a victim of bodies to ...

On another note Vivienne Westwood once said something
                        along the lines, that people are so lazy nowadays, they
                        just want to wear jeans ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• carrion
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

i wonder what margiela wears since he is so obscure.

Comment

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
                            That's interesting, with todays obsession with the subject, everybody seems to want to define themselves. You would think one of the best sales/marketing point a label can have is, if you wear this you are an unique and special individual.
                            true. It is a neverending struggle though, isn't it? The ideal way of sticking out is sticking out enough to not be blamed for being a coward and wanting to blend in with the crowd, but not too much to be percieved as rebellious or an attention whore. But if you follow that recipe, you end up being average, and that's exactly what you wanted to not be. As long as people want to be stylish they'll never dare to draw attention, cause they wouldn't feel comfortable reaching that state where what they wear and how they look is such a statement that they will have people disapproving of their style. Frankly, i am annoyed by it, but i found the only way to deal with it is to get tired fo thinking about it, brush it of and have a snack.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I don't see dressing differently as an issue at all. If anything, it's the easiest thing to do in a society that is subjected to homogeneous information. Everyone wears the same fucking thing - it's so easy to stand out. I wonder why you find that hard, especially in Sweden. When I was in Stockholm, every boy looked the same. I've never seen such a like-minded city in terms of fashion in my life.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Bosozoku
                                • Sep 2008

It's intruiging to see though how Swedish "style" is so different from other Scandinavian countries.

Just returned from Helsinki (Finland) and people seem to dress as uniquely as they can (including the domination of goth and Japanese styles of dressing up). Hel-looks.com has some cool pics up so now and then.

Apart from that - and to stick with the topic - so now and then I see Viktor&Rolf walking down the street, wearing exactly the same outfit looking like almost indentical twins. Fascinating to see how they are able to portrait themselves as clowns both on- and off the runway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎