• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by nycd View Post
    best thread ever.

i wear at least one of her waistcoats every day.
    sometimes two.
    on special occasions, three.
    do you have any pics of you in the layered waistcoats? I'd like to see what the 3 looks like.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
      I did not catch what Chant mentioned about there only being 3 variations.
      Many, many different waistcoats in her work, but, imo, "only" three basic shapes : "classic", "asymetrical", "hybrid".
      You can do your own experience, and try to find one which wouldn't fit in this typology. It's maybe possible. Let's play.

Comment

• sagaji
        • Feb 2008

her waistcoat became one of the "layering" key.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

FW 2009

Most of - not to say all - the waistcoats in this collection are asymetrical ones (sometimes double layered, and with a visible "lining" slightly shifted aside, reminding SS 07) :

But there is also a new shape : inverted V, slouchy high butonned Mao like collar :

This shape is sometimes combinated with a second waistocat, echoing/contrasting with it :

But this shape, with the high butonned Mao collar, is very close to some of the FW 06 and FW 97 collections' waiscoat :

FW 06

FW 07
          Last edited by Chant; 02-06-2009, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

ah ok I kinda get what you mean - despite the various plays with collar, buttoning, etc. 3 basic templates. gotcha

actually, are there any waistcoats out there that don't follow one of these 3?
            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The FW09 waistcoats are really nice. I tried on several. Pretty slim cut. One stand out was the asymmetric textured wool. There was only one style with her signature double straps though, which seemed odd. Most of them had nothing on the back. I love those straps too much, they have such a personal Ann touch.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Ok, I normally wouldn't post such a bad quality picture, but it's the one I have so will do for now - will try to replace with a good one. This is the asymmetric shawl collar vest, the only one I own, with two straps in the back. I make it even more asymmetric by buttoning the top button through the second top button hole instead of the top one. It mismatches the cut away bottom nicely and creates a bit of creasing on top. I also like to wear it with a light blue/silvery painted leather jacket by Ann. I fold the black shawl collar over the biker collar of the jacket, which creates a nice contrast. Yes, I know - the pic will come.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

Thanks for the information.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  The FW09 waistcoats are really nice. I tried on several. Pretty slim cut.
                  There was only one style with her signature double straps though, which seemed odd. Most of them had nothing on the back.
                  This is, imo, absolutely coherent, since the double straps went hand in hand with the quite unformal/oversized shape of the previous seasons' waistcoats.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yes, it is coherent. But I like a lot of Ann's clothing precisely because she leaves room to maneuver. :-) She is not a body masochist.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

one of the first pieces i bought from A was an ann double strap rayon vest s/s 07?. looks very normal and buttons up normal.
                      whats my problem? why did i buy something so boring? still kicking myself for not buying one from f/w/07
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I quite like your Ann vest. The double straps are cool...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Ok, I normally wouldn't post such a bad quality picture, but it's the one I have so will do for now - will try to replace with a good one. This is the asymmetric shawl collar vest, the only one I own, with two straps in the back. I make it even more asymmetric by buttoning the top button through the second top button hole instead of the top one. It mismatches the cut away bottom nicely and creates a bit of creasing on top. I also like to wear it with a light blue/silvery painted leather jacket by Ann. I fold the black shawl collar over the biker collar of the jacket, which creates a nice contrast. Yes, I know - the pic will come.

I am liking the waistcoat on you , but the pants are throwing me off a bit. Maybe because they seem so casual and the waistcoat is quite elegant?
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

You are correct as usual :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

You are correct as usual :-)
                              Hey Faust, since your camera allows you to take as crappy pictures as an iPhone, you should now consider buying yourself a CCP leather jacket.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

You are fool of good ideas, Chant! Or maybe just buy a better camera? Honestly, my mirror is in the hallway, which is dark and I can't use the flash, and so on, and so on...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎