X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tricotineacetat
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
    You're right, fabric doesn't look cheap at all. On the contrary, it's very nice, and looks "washed". But the overall feeling is that the coat is very dressy.
    Indeed. I would also rather have that kind of fabric in a jacket than a coat, like that you find more ocassions to wear it out! Anyway, I thought that this season's Rick Owens collection - albeit very beautiful - didn't leave too many choices for effortless, day-to-day dressing. It will remain more of a dress coat in the wool, it's more of a jacketing fabric, rather than a coating wool... :/

Comment

• Aleks
      • Feb 2009

I really think that you should keep it Christian. It would be excellent for formal occasions or dates with the wife.

It's one of those pieces that should definitely be dressed up. I actually don't believe that it, dare I say it, should not be worn with other RO clothing. Something more elegant and streamlined like Nicholas Andreas Taralis would suit it.

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post

For the record. I ordered the Dom coat in silk, since I couldn't find anywhere the wool/mohair version. I won't keep it (the fabric is too stiff, to shinny and to thin, i.e. not warm enough for the winter), but I thought I should share some pictures, since some members are interested in RO's formal design.

Shape is very interesting and original, especially the back, with the two lateral tails envelopping the central one, the oversized collar and the front tails forming an inverted V. No problem of bell shape btw.
        As usual, shoulders are very narrow (more than CCP's ), and armholes are very tigh and high.
        Very intersting. I agree that it's too shiny.

As usual, shoulders are very narrow (more than CCP's ), and armholes are very tigh and high.
        I'm pretty sure that Rick "Gym" Owens would not fit into his tailorings.

Comment

• Castor
          • Nov 2009

I went to RO NY for the first time on Saturday. Whoa. I was totally unprepared for the many beautiful options for a leather jacket.

I tried on a Mollino in Bitter Hammered Lamb (LOVE the style, but definitely not into the color for now), Intarsia in Drkshdw Hammered Lamb, Bauhaus in Black Oiled Calf (I think), and the classic Motorcycle style (what is that called with the epaulets?) in what I think was Black Oiled Calf.

But wait, there's more. They had the Mollino in Black Blistered calf, but only in XS. I squeezed myself into that as well. It was incredibly beautiful and so RO, but it really just didn't fit.
          Originally posted by DRRRK
          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• DamageX
            • Dec 2008

I really like how the coat fits you Christian, granted the wool/mohair version is probably a nicer finish, I don't see anything wrong with the version you are wearing.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

love Christian's pics of all the tailored stuff on the previous page...and the local RO stockists only carries a bunch of leather jackets that I can't distinguish anymore...c'mon, get with the program and start stocking coats and blazers!
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Castor View Post
                I went to RO NY for the first time on Saturday. Whoa. I was totally unprepared for the many beautiful options for a leather jacket.

I tried on a Mollino in Bitter Hammered Lamb (LOVE the style, but definitely not into the color for now), Intarsia in Drkshdw Hammered Lamb, Bauhaus in Black Oiled Calf (I think), and the classic Motorcycle style (what is that called with the epaulets?) in what I think was Black Oiled Calf.

But wait, there's more. They had the Mollino in Black Blistered calf, but only in XS. I squeezed myself into that as well. It was incredibly beautiful and so RO, but it really just didn't fit.
                Best one this season IMHO.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Castor
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Best one this season IMHO.
                  I remember you stating this elsewhere on SZ. In any event, I ended up getting the Intarsia in Drkshdw Hammered Lamb. I love the cut and the details on the shoulder and the front of the jacket. The pockets are also located somewhat more forward than on the Mollino, making them a bit easier access, and for my first RO leather jacket, I really wanted the ribbed cuffs.

I'm already eyeing a black one from the S/S '10 runway show. Look #19 specifically.

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

The High Collar Intarsia is very versatile. I wear the collar sort of rolled down a bit for now. Having it all the way up is a bit too dramatic for everyday.

I don't know when a garment has affected me quite so dramatically. I felt like a Medieval Knight from the future when I wore it for the first time last night.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by DANSER
                      everywhere i look i see kids wearing the full rick suit ... hi top sneakers - shorts, long sleeve T - this stuff is the new dior homme?
                      Dude, where do you live? Next to the RO store? I have to look far even in London seeing people dressed in RO.
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• DamageX
                        • Dec 2008

Even in New York I have only seen a handful of people wearing Rick Owens and have only seen a few wearing full Rick Owens even at his store (not including those that work there).

Comment

• editevening
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                          Dude, where do you live? Next to the RO store? I have to look far even in London seeing people dressed in RO.
                          lol. ya you're kiddin yourself if you think RO is that common.
                          #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DANSER
                            everywhere i look i see kids wearing the full rick suit ... hi top sneakers - shorts, long sleeve T - this stuff is the new dior homme?
                            You didn't describe rick owens...you described skateboarding circa 1992.
                            Were they wearing chain wallets?
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• DANSER
                              • Nov 2008

no but they wear rick owens

the kids that cant afford it buy the look from topman / all saints as they have copied his aesthetic down to a t now... filtered down to this level it seems

Comment

• JoniF
                                • May 2009

Fortunately, you cannot buy style.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡