No announcement yet.

Damir Doma FW 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there's also a cotton version which is very billowy and light and sortof papery. really cool. i saw it at black market.

Comment

• een
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      there's also a cotton version which is very billowy and light and sortof papery. really cool. i saw it at black market.
      Agreed. The hand and weight of that fabric is lovely.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Short article on SILENT. Poor Damir, first he was Japanese, according to NYT, and now Dazed made him Hungarian.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
          • Sep 2009

^i thought you had to be around longer to have a diffusion line created/forced on you?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

i thought that as well.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• why so?

I think it's the step towards something better. to get away from this high speed. if i had a label i'd have one part very slowly evolving, and another playing around with concepts and ideas. the slow one obviously being the more simple and functional, thus, a diffusion line. I don't think a diffusion line is only there to abuse the hype.

Comment

• merkuri
                • Sep 2009

i don't think the mainline has evolved enough to justify a second. just my opinion.

Comment

• Lumina
                  • Dec 2009

Relevant or not, I like the start of the Silent collection, the leather sneakers are great !

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

It's not meant to be a diffusion line, nor a second line. It's another line, headed by DD, with its own personality (100% organic, simplicity, purity, etc.) Nice basics for everyday life at affordable prices.
                    That's all, said the pedagogic spruiker.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

Another line or second line makes no difference really but I know what you mean and you are right. I'd love to buy basics from SILENT but I can do without the leather sneakers. I could as well buy Common Projects.

Wrong Thread, but anyway, thanks Christian for your proxy service. I received my DD boots on thursday. Smooth transaction.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎