Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Damir Doma FW 09

really nice and different...i like
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

beautiful .

really great

xadam

so much volume up top, i guess that treble is his signature.

xadam

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowrey View Post
    lulz, i spy sz royalty.

its the ninja-gandhi aesthetic...executed perfectly here.

Quote Originally Posted by xadam View Post
    lulz, i spy sz royalty.
    Damn, you got eagle eyes, I can't tell who anyone is in that picture.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

A lot more footwear in this collection although most of it looks pretty uncompelling. The tailoring looks improved. The couple jackets shown look a lot sharper than the past. Some interesting looking pants, too. Despite having a vision and feeling, there's always something conceptual missing from his work that reduces it's impact.

I really, really like this collection and I'm really feeling the color palettes (shared with Ann and N(N)).
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Meh, it looks the same to me as his other collections but all black instead of grey/white. It's decent and he's definitely carving out a signature style but it's just not my bag. Romanticism and movement is fine but it's all too soft and flowy. I get the feeling I could achieve this look with a trip to the fabric store and some safety pins.

^haha, that last line made me spit up a bit of coffee...

I'll be the first to admit that DD isn't for everybody, but I haven't felt overly compelled to buy anything else lately. The pieces I have I love, and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. His attention to textures and the way his clothing ages is mainly what pulls me in.

That said, I find it easy because his aesthetic fits mine almost perfectly whereas I find most people would need to scrap half their wardrobe to fit in Damir Doma.
    Quote Originally Posted by merz View Post
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

I love the whole darn collection but there's something about these two looks;

The braiding on the shirt/wrap thing is a nice evolution to the scarf he's done, the jacket is cut perfect and folds beautifully, the pants are maybe the most interesting pants I've ever seen, and the boots are solid.

Love the robe jacket and I really want to see what's going on with the front of the shirt because it looks incredible even from this angle.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

haven't really found much interest in damir doma before, but judging from these photos I feel a part of myself craving some..

I can't keep my eyes off some of the boots. Otherwise, not really my thing personally.

Was hoping men.style would have pictures up but nothing! I wonder why Damir doesn't get much press; Anyone know? Is it intentional?

Very well done! It looks similar to his other stuff but it has a different feel to it.

not the expected travesty
    but bad casting and sleazy hair

i found the collection amazing. cant wait for the viewing.
    the show was great without doubt.

i've never been super fond of doma but the more i look at this collection the more interested I am in this yoganinja style.

Mike, I can't see the pics :-(
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Mike, I can't see the pics :-(
    http://scoute.org/blog/?p=31#more-31