• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Julius Men's FW2009 Paris

a few teasers

couple of more pics on http://scoute.org/blog, dont have the full collection though as I wasn't in that good of a spot for photos.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
  • btbam
    • Nov 2008

saw this collection during the week, some pieces are amazing, i tried the longer red leather piece on.. it was a little tight on me but the leather upclose, is amazing.

i have failed to see you at any of the shows mike, but i can see my head in a few of your shots haha.

the "burnt red" scarf has my name on it allready.
    Never End, Australia.
    http://www.neverend.com.au
    General Contact: Info@neverend.com.au
    Urgent contact: Joseph@neverend.com.au
    Phone: +61 421 406 272

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Great pictures Mike, thank you for getting those up here.

That 4th look is maybe my favorite look from Julius, ever.

But I do not get the cargo pants; I never have and I'm afraid I never will.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• btbam
        • Nov 2008

leather cargos in full length and 3/4. I really liked them, alot. But can understand people not really getting into them. Got some really nice jewellery coming aswell, saw some amazing rings etc in the showroom.
        Also some really really nice boots.
        Never End, Australia.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Btbam- You know what's going on in the second picture? Is that a separate piece that forms the collar or part of the leather jacket? Either way, I like the look of it.

The boots do look nice from what I can see, nothing that looks new, but good none the less.

Comment

• btbam
            • Nov 2008

do recall seeing a leather jacket with the fur, but there was quite a few pieces with fur. If i remember correctly i am pretty sure its one piece but there is a jacket that looks pretty much the same without the fur.. Very large collection.. infact the show, "seemed" to only shows some key pieces. Some really amazing deconstructed knits in black and cream.

The boots also come in the burnt red colour, and some gloves in the burnt red.. the colour is as vibrant if not more vibrant in person. Truly beautiful.
            Never End, Australia.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Thank you bt. I'd love to see the boots in the red leather; For some reason I've always loved red boots.

Comment

• croatoan
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                The guy on the right's expression is amazing.

This looks fantastic. Just as I was hoping/expecting..

Comment

• selkies
                  • Dec 2008

This has to be my favourite show so far simply because everything was so damn aggresive, you can kind of see from the pics but the models were very mean and the music set the mood perfectly. Glad to see they have continued the cargo pant and I think the vibrant red will be a big hit for julius.

I got to see the collection before the show and it seems they have included a lot more unisex pieces into their range aswell.

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

nothing from catwalking yet.
                    some really interesting knitwear, some fairly insane destroyed fur pieces, and lots of leather pants that were actually quite nice. some rich earthy red leather pieces, some coats with huge structured lapels and suiting.
                    there's a few leather accessories that I'm sure you'll like, merz.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

i can certainly see why, it was a solid collection and there was a real sense of anticipation and excitement in the audience at the rick show.
                      the accessory was a black double perpendicular strapped leather carry-thing that's worn with a strap around the shoulder connected to a strap around the chest, and two diagonal ones across the back. sounds funny but you'll see it in due time.

as I've heard :-)
                      i have more photos of the sz crew as well as a video of this collection that I'll be posting up in due time.
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• winQ
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

wanna see some pics of the red leather pieces.

get my thriller on

Comment

• electric_alyce
                          • Mar 2008

Oh god! This is amazing! With Rick, Ann N(N) and now Julius delivering so strong, and with Pugh showing as I write (really exchited about that one) this is looking like one hell of a season! Sets a high standard for the women fashion weeks!!!
                          Smile! It's the apocalypse

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

The collection was very... well, Julius. The only changes, and they were all very nice ones, were the red (which was great - the only color and it stood out really well), the fur, which was the best on the collar of one jacket, and the funky suspenders (or what looked like suspenders). I also loved the shredded cardigan (on the right person it would look cool). Everything else was standard vocabulary - which is fine for a brand that's starting out globally. The soundtrack was cool - heavy ambient music (if there is such a thing).
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jotsko
                              • Feb 2008

This is quite a move on Julius's part.
                              I'm actually quite enamored by some of the simplicity. The rivethead-esque cargo pants have even been taken down a notch.
                              And I'd like to listen to the soundtrack if anyone can find a taped video of the music. I'm assuming it's some ambient industrial track, if I'm getting the correct understanding from Faust.
                              майка жали чак до гроба

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎