Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noerml
    • May 2008

call me a freak but i find this spikey sweater whatever thing totally wearable and actually like it a lot.

however i have to say that i only like every 2nd look at best.

maybe this all is a bit .uh..costumy..but i do have to say that this isn'T necessarily a disadvantage. In fact, like heirloom pointed out already, sometimes you wanna look, like he said, "editorial".

I don't know how often i heard the "...yeah, but nice basics" comment from friends, on the internet and from where not. and that's something i really hate, even though i do it myself ever so often, i.e. dissecting the collection in terms of wearability.

to a certain degree that's ok, i guess. few of us here are a beyoncé and there are few opportunities to wear the spikey-astro-goth-robe.

And i guess it really depends on ur approach on clothes. do you wanna melt in with the crowd or stick out. *shrug*
    And through their parting lids there came and went
    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Vahiren
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by noerml View Post

call me a freak but i find this spikey sweater whatever thing totally wearable and actually like it a lot.

I really enjoy this sweater too, and it is something I would wear as well in a heartbeat. Whenever see these metal "feather" like details on womenswear I always think about how cool they are. They are always lightweight, and easy to wear.

Knowing Pugh though, his armored sweaters are probably heavy as shit and sharp enough to require a safety warning against wearing it in public.
      Don't fuck with me fellas, this aint my first time at the rodeo.

Comment

• rach2jlc
        • Sep 2006

The Streets of Harajuku are the only place I could see anybody wearing this. That being said, I love it, though in a way that I'd like the costumes from some dark anti-utopian sci-fi film.

It looks like something a Romulan would wear, but I mean that in the nicest way possible.

The fabrics look neat, the stuff looks fun... but sadly who will buy this stuff? I can only imagine the prices would be stellar for all the details in those fabrics. I'll try to find some in Tokyo this summer... but their economy is as bad as ours... and young kids buying $5000 jackets might not be a very 2009 thing.

If only he can stay in business until 2200 or so, when these garments might be more the norm... ;)

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

but the people who buy pugh dont buy it because its the norm they buy it cause its design like you said for 2200 but its 2008

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by merz
            if you allow that the 2200's will look like transsexual transylvaniaaaa..
            Transexual Transylvania 2: Dead Reckoning

Costumes by Gareth Pugh

I would pay $12 to see that in theaters.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Jon
              • Apr 2008

I just want the boots. I guess this is how Pugh decided to spend his prize money from last year.

I would love to see what he has in mind if/when he actually decides to make a living off selling clothes and not just showing them...
              perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• boxma
                • Feb 2007

I feel the show or the clothes are missing the theme. When I saw Hedi's Luster collection in 2003, it's a experience of "Wow Wow Wow". For this one, it is visionary, but I think the overall presentation of the show did not help to present his ideas.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                  I might be against popular opinion, but I'm not feeling this at all. too much edward scissor hands, too much shine, too much triangle/pyramid shiet, too much big bird fur, what, spikes. shiny, sharp, too angular. ~~puffy rick vest but not as good. ~~

~~~~~~

copyright drunked runway reviews

Don't forget - this is a coming out party. He had to blow the audience away, wearbility be damned, and he succeeded. The heavy industrial soundtrack worked incredibly well with the clothes. I haven't witnessed such a charged atmosphere at any other show (although Rick's came close).
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    this is good for people who are more easily bored than others. I do think that this palette is a lot more lushious and deeper than the womens collection which also makes it more wearable. I'm deeply grateful to see that other people appreciate this kind of overthetop aesthetic as much as I do. I want life to be a sci-fi story :) it can be.
                    Wait, there was a palette?!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                      wtf does this mean? am I just stoned or is it the most nonsensical namedrop in history?
                      I think they wanted to write Hellraiser, but were too fucking drunk. Well, too late hint bitches, I'm writing that in my review and that's fucking copyrighted.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

redacted. i'm not hating on gareth..
                        ha I certainly didn't interpret it that way, merz.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• KodakII
                          • Sep 2008

Comment

• almroth
                            • Jul 2008

thanks for posting the video kodak. I actually like it even more now (even if I still consider plenty unwearable.) It feels more "natural" with the music and on the runway..

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Rumors, rumors, rumors....

">> Leave it to Fashion Week to turn up a juicy rumor or two. Currently being served up? The future of Gareth Pugh. At his premiere menswear show in Paris last night, an unexpected front row guest — LVMH heiress Delphine Arnault — caused a lot of chatter. Arnault, who is the second largest shareholder in LVMH after her father Bernard, is not known for staying out late, much less for a show which started an hour late at 10 pm on a rainy Sunday night.

After the show, which she deemed, "Beautiful, amazing," Delphine went backstage to congratulate Gareth. The designer has recently been talking about making more wearable pieces, and Arnault's appearance could be more than coincidence. As the Telegraph reports, "The word is out that someone very big wants to harness his talent, because it could be just the spark to reignite a moribund menswear market." Grazia has heard from several sources that that "very big" someone is LVMH's Dior Homme, who is about to tap Pugh as a consultant."
                              fashionologie
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Pugh for Dior Homme. It seems pretty natural. But what would Rick say?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎