X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I haven't witnessed such a charged atmosphere at any other show .
    I believe this can also be spelled h-y-p-e....
    Last edited by laika; 01-28-2009, 07:07 AM.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• swami
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by inaya View Post
      yes they're definitely wearable... coming from someone who wears one of the patent leather triangle jackets a couple times per week.

also a bit of info if you're interested in purchasing... underneath the triangles - which are only sewn on to the outer (of 3) layers of fabric - is basically a really greatly crafted and constructed, fully lined, olmar+mirta produced, rick/michele certified garment. whatever the embellishment, you can at least be assured the garment isn't only for show and is definitely a great and long lasting piece to own.
      Whoa Thanks Inaya .. That sounds pretty intricate and special. Wonder how pricing would be..probably comparable to RO leathers?

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
        Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by J_J View Post
            bestial, the pants are from women's DRKSHDW the triangle top is definitely his own though.
            The waxed denim + elastic insert ones? Does the women's go up to the equivalent of a men's 29 / 30 do you think? My Raf Simons essentially-leggings from '05 are definitely bringing me around to the idea.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• J_J
              • Apr 2008

servo, I have them and if I recall correctly they came in S, M and L.... mine are an M and I wear a 27 in jeans. they've stretched a bit, to around a 28 around the waist, but still pretty tight in the legs.

I think you could wear an L in these if you don't mind an extra bit of tightness they are veeery comfy.

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                • May 2008

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I feel like a douchebag because I'm pretty certain that I hardcore hated on Pugh as recently as last season, but the more I look at this, the more it's aesthetically pleasing. If he get tapped for DH, things are going to get real interesting real fast. In the meantime, maybe I'll be able to find something Pugh that actually works for my wardrobe to support the cause...
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ahlefeldt View Post

wow i just got a flashback to those last issues of propaganda magazine where it was no longer about the music but just the publisher letting his twink fantasies run amok.
                    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                      In the case of RO it was due to a large part of the public being actual fans of the label and quite enthusiastic about what was going on. Not the same thing as hype IMHO.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• orphée
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                        wow i just got a flashback to those last issues of propaganda magazine where it was no longer about the music but just the publisher letting his twink fantasies run amok.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          In the case of RO it was due to a large part of the public being actual fans of the label and quite enthusiastic about what was going on. Not the same thing as hype IMHO.
                          I was referring just to Pugh. I loved Rick's show.

This kind of hurts my eyes, tbh.

I like Gareth, I like his triangles and quilted things and some of the coats here look truly great. But there's a lot of rubbish here, as Merz put it, that starts to overshadow the good design ideas. I mean, spiky nails and shredded leggings? Really!!??? I'm quite surprised to see something so cliched and obvious from him.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

uh-oh, Faust, looks like Blanksy beat you to it.

January 25, 2009

With his Fall presentation, Gareth Pugh resuscitated memories of London's great fashion showmen in ways good and bad: the endless wait, the dramatic setting, the conceptual hair and makeup, the clothes that defied conventional notions of wearability. The revolving fragments of mirror that filled the central space of the Palais de Tokyo suggested a shattered personality, but, given Pugh's previously stated affection for the Schwarzenegger flick Predator, it was easier to imagine an entirely unconflicted monster picking out his new wardrobe from the front row. Surely he'd like a little shoulder (Pugh gave full-on pagoda), and maybe a scaly little flourish (there was plenty of that), and perhaps something to repel other monsters (a Hellraiser motif featured a carapace of pins poking out from tops and bottoms).

The essence of the collection was confrontational sci-fi warrior, which might thrill Pugh's acolytes, but offers endless challenges to anyone who might wish to wear these clothes in a wider world where people don't spend their days in conflict with creatures from another dimension. Imbued with the generous spirit of distilling the collection to desirable bits and pieces, a guy might opt for the shredded leggings; the hooded, draped, and tied top; maybe even the Hellraiser leather tank. And, gripped by postapocalyptic fervor, he might head on into the pagan country of the goat-fur tunic.

— Tim Blanks

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Bastard! I copyrighted that, lol!!!! That does it - no more posting on SZ until stuff is printed on paper!!!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                                Good luck?
                                lol, for shizzle. i keep listening to the soundrack - so awesome. there is a hint of Depeche Mode's People are People buried in there.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎