• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
    hey guys,

I have the washed lamb rick moto jacket. While the sleeves arent meant to be super tight, I have noticed that they have streched out a bit around the elbow. Would spraying hot water on the elbows / arms, then letting them dry tighten up the sleeves at all?

I figured since it is washed lambs leather the water wont damage the leather, but I want to avoid having it go hard and crispy!
    not much you can do about that man, it happens to all leather jackets made from soft leather.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

in theory the leathers should be washable (I haven't tried it), dipping it in water might restore its shape a bit and will most likely make it a bit more rigid. it'll soften up over time though.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ironman
        • Apr 2008

so i have this julius leather shirt, and somehow the previous owner managed to stain the armpits with sweat. i personally don't know how he managed to do that, especially when it is a lined shirt :|

does anyone have any recommendations that has worked for them with regards to sweat stains on leather? i would really rather have some definitive feedback before i try to clean it. here is a quick pic with flash to show the stains in question:

any suggestions would be appreciated :1

Comment

• Tyro
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
          hey guys,

I have the washed lamb rick moto jacket. While the sleeves arent meant to be super tight, I have noticed that they have streched out a bit around the elbow. Would spraying hot water on the elbows / arms, then letting them dry tighten up the sleeves at all?

I figured since it is washed lambs leather the water wont damage the leather, but I want to avoid having it go hard and crispy!
          got rained on on saturday a little, so I decided to give the arms a spray with warm water and dry with a hair dryer on medium. The arms tightened up a little, probably enough for me. I didnt really soak the leather, nor did I dry completely with the hair dryer, so I'm not sure if I could have done more?

Comment

• MikeN
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ironman View Post
            so i have this julius leather shirt, and somehow the previous owner managed to stain the armpits with sweat. i personally don't know how he managed to do that, especially when it is a lined shirt :|

does anyone have any recommendations that has worked for them with regards to sweat stains on leather? i would really rather have some definitive feedback before i try to clean it. here is a quick pic with flash to show the stains in question:

any suggestions would be appreciated :1
            Trust me it´s not difficult to stain leather with pit stains, especially if the arm holes are cut high. Wipe it down with a warm wet clean cloth. If that doesnt work, bring it to a professional leather cleaner.

Comment

• airboyair
              • Oct 2006

if you don't want stains, use WELEDA! been using it now for years.
              Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Has anyone noticed how no matter how much beer you spill on a dust coloured sheer shirt, it always dries out after three minutes and after that, completely disappears? Don't tell me everyone on SZ is sober.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Kingdavid
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                  Yeah, stupid me managed to buy the wrong size in a drkshdw tee again. it's the normal cotton one, not the sheer. What I was wondering about is how could I shrink it safely? I'm not going back into town for a couple of weeks, and I could work use it a bit oversized. Allthough I needed M, and grabbed a xl ( was in a hurry).
                  You should definitely return it. My experience with those tees is that they really don't shrink at all. I have one that's huge and I got it on sale really cheaply so I didn't care but I honestly don't think that it's shrunken one bit. I think that the cotton has been pre-washed and treated that it's not got much give left.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                    • Oct 2007

Is it okay to washed waxed/oiled(?) DRKSHDW jeans or will it remove the finish off them? It says that you can't dryclean them either. I'm all for wearing them hard and treating them like shit, but I am rather found of the wax finish...

Comment

• awlouie
                      • Sep 2007

Washing them is fine, but I think once you put them in the dryer, that's where you'll lose some of the wax finish. So, I'd recommend hang dry.
                      "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                      -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

when in doubt, hand wash and air dry laid flat on a towel :)

Works for everything short of suits and dress pants
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

ah here is the right thread...how do you wash taped carol pieces? Only by hand, or is it possible to dryclean it without destroying the taped lining?
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            ah here is the right thread...how do you wash taped carol pieces? Only by hand, or is it possible to dryclean it without destroying the taped lining?
                            I'd like to know as well... I'm assuming people get them dry cleaned but I've also seen yahoo auctions postings of blazers with taped seams that have come off after a dry cleaning session as well!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Vikeid
                              • Feb 2009

i need cleaning help for my ann waistcoat. the material is cotton with a mix of some metal. the material is velvet like. on the cleaning advice it says you should only dry clean it in a net bag (whatever that is). do you guys think i can clean this by myself instead? if so, how? really appreciate help.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

you could try hand washing it delicately with cold water and very mild detergant. it might or might not have a slight effect on the material, hard to say.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎