Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

awesome work Albert! loving the leather pieces. i'm broke now, but i'd love to pickup the messenger bag w/ helix strap sometime. can you pm me the price? i need to move some stuff out so i can afford it. thanks.

the single red thread on the tag reminds me of Chatav Ectabit, but i think yours is more elegant and at least a purposeful nod to your medical background. i have big hopes for Collateral, things are looking great!

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Move this to Designers and Collections, shall we? :-)

This is fantastic. The textures on the leather you used look amazing. My favorite is the anatomic piping long sleeve shirt.
      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Pinoy
        • Dec 2006

Amazing work, Albert! I'm enjoying the nod towards the Continues line as well as the reference to your medical background.

If you don't mind, could you please PM me the price points for the leather messenger, jacket, and the thermal piping shirt? (btw does the that shirt also have the seam details that the anatomic shirts have?)

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Snaf, check your pm :) and thank you for the constructive criticism. I'm posting everything because I'm looking for that as well. I've been looking and making these pieces for so many months that a set of fresh eyes on everything is much appreciated.

When developing the thermic arterial shirt I did sort of realize that it was in a similar mindset to the Sartoria/Fattoamano muscle group leather shirt (also done as a sweatshirt). I went ahead with my piece since it was not muscle based and utilized a slightly different method and concept. It's quite hard to develop something that cannot be traced to anything or in some way reminiscent of, especially since these designers have been so influential to me.

... I just hope that I'm not becoming an Augusta if you know what I mean :)

Daniel, check your pm as well :)
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Albert, this is truly fantastic! Wow, man - good for you!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BBYY
              • Mar 2008

The rings are awesome !
              Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• Spencer
                • Feb 2007

This is stellar, Albert! I'm really excited for you! If you're already sending out prices, would you mind doing the same for me?

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post

The inner face of the doctor's bag handle. Rolled and hand stitched.
                  FUCK!!! Nice work Albert! That is clean!
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

albert yeh not really critical im studying menswear and it is hard being completly orginal, and to do so takes time i think
                    sort of a natural progression and before you know it you will have developed your own style and truly are doing your own thing. this is your first so its like learning to walk ? ha i sound cheese and im no where near doing my own thing at the moment albert you are miles ahead of me

anyway yeh the fattoamano shirt cant be found so why not this is the next best thing, the elephant leather is beautiful the jacket though is not quite spot on for me but it is really its amazing for your first

albert you are someone who i have alot of respect for (ha no homo :P )
                    anyway keep us up to date and il get back to you about a few things

Comment

• obsolete
                      • Aug 2008

nice work!

Looks really good. Cutting your own patterns, sewing your own garments, and working with all these materials is impressive. You must work around the clock. Put me down for one of those messenger bags. Brilliant!

-o

Comment

• raddy
                        • Oct 2008

Looks really really good to me. ^^
                        Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• jona
                          • Apr 2008

the doctors bag looks like it might be pretty amazing! are you planning on producing these pieces?

Comment

• thejjbb
                            • Apr 2008

Any information on pricing/availability?

edit: I forgot to mention that this is some very incredible work. Fantastic job!
                            Last edited by thejjbb; 01-30-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

late to the party , but this party is hot!!!!!!
                              Albert, i wanna Marry you!!!!!

I am in Jamaica right now, so much i wanna say and comment on, but on Sunday i will be back, I will save the comments (and they are Many!!!!) until then
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Aww, thanks for moving it to Designers and Their Work I was content with DIY and student work!

Thank you all so much for the kind words! Snaf, Obsolete, Spence, Eugene, David, the list goes on :)

For those interested in purchases please pm me your e-mail address for the price list.

All items are available for purchase. I make them in a made-to-order/made-to-measure method to ensure a good fit for each owner.

Zamb, I can't wait to hear your thoughts. I posted everything up not just to show everyone what I've been blueballing SZ with for months but also to get some "fresh eyes" on everything along with opinions and critiques. Otherwise I'm just working in a little bubble with little outside input!
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎