Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Metal/Hardcore/Powerviolence Thread

Giving one quarter of a fuck about your opinion, I swear, your temporal lobe is impaired.

Anyway, I suggest we put shit talk aside for a moment and let some of us continue to delight in awesome music, this time by a band of canucks named in tribute to Electric Wizard, coming with a new material being an ode to their neighbourhood it's already one of my favourite 2015 albums. Cop it 04/13/15 on Totem Cat records.

Quote Originally Posted by profondo nero View Post
    Anyway, I suggest we put shit talk aside for a moment and let some of us continue to delight in awesome music, this time by a band of canucks named in tribute to Electric Wizard, coming with a new material being an ode to their neighbourhood it's already one of my favourite 2015 albums. Cop it 04/13/15 on Totem Cat records.
    For me, this is terrible, parody level almost. This band is to Electric Wizard as Cinzia Araia's footwear is to Rick Owens. I find most of these bands to be far too referential and their influences too current to take them seriously. The riffs aren't even memorable, making it almost pointless as a piece in a genre focused so heavily on the 'riff'.

I've felt the above about so many 'stoner' etc bands so I started to discount the genre as a whole. So, I'd love to hear any bands in this wheelhouse that you think are doing something different with the sound, since they would have flown well below my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by fit magna caedes View Post
    There's interesting stoner stuff but it's not usually so tribute-focussed
    I think the term 'tribute-focused' is exactly what I was getting at and is what has come to represent this sound in my experience because...riffs? (seems we've been going through a testosterone fueled guitar rock revival). Maybe I'm just not hanging out in the right places! I think I'm on the psych side of things as well. I like the noisey elements in the third track and the gothy parts of the fourth. Thanks for your post and tracks.

Feeling some grind and death today....

I love beautiful melodies, telling me terrible things.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/iamanton

Started my first foray into the heavier stuff a few months ago. Friends have been helping me out recently with recommendations, thought the thread could use some more powerviolence:

The Locust:

Charles Bronson:

The Chariot (Bonus Metalcore):

Ildjarn 'Nidhogg' and Meth Sores 'Feel Nothing Am Nothing'. Abrasive
    lo-fi stuff

Quote Originally Posted by profondo nero View Post

Hi, I'm really interested in Rotting Christ. Can you give insighton the band and the message of the song?

Excited to hear their new album....

Been listening to alot of atmospheric black metal. Mostly Ulver and Agalloch. So sad that Agalloch just confirmed that it was over for good.
    Last edited by Gatsu; 05-20-2016 at 03:00 PM.

been digging the latest bell witch record

Viking metal anyone?

Ensiferum, Wintersun, AmonAmarth = \m/

One of my all time favorite bands, looking forward to the new album.