X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman
    • Apr 2008

TODD LYNN [LONDON]

Todd Lynn is a designer from London, and simply put, this guy’s work is just amazing. To me, his aesthetic is luxury, elegance, and style; done in a method that is in some way feels like a more refined compilation of some of my favourite designers (these include Hedi Slimane, Nicolas Andreas Taralis, Raf Simons, Lucas Ossendrijver, Rick Owens, etc.).

If I could, I would have an entire closet full of his clothes. The tailoring, construction, and finish are magnificent. The cut and details are extremely flattering on both sexes, as nearly all the items (save for things like dresses) are made unisex and are available in a wide range of sizes. Having quite a few items from him, each item seems less like a fashion brand item and more like a meticulously tailored piece of art. The quality is through the roof; reminiscent of early Dior Homme work. The items are all hand-crafted in France, for a quality and finish that gives you a mixed feeling of extreme comfort and grandeur. I have learned from an inside source that each collection's footwear is a special custom made order from Christian Louboutin; unfortunately, they are not available for sale. Todd Lynn worked for Roland Mouret, and you can see some styling aspects and details borrowed from his mentor. One of the best items I ever bought was the Nitro leather jacket for my girlfriend (see spring-summer 2008 collection, look 15 on the website).

the following designer profile bio is from his website, www.toddlynn.com

"Todd Lynn takes centre stage, stepping out from behind the scenes where he has been quietly creating wardrobe for the music industry’s elite. He is Rock and Roll’s best kept secret. His clients include: U2 – Bono and Adam Clayton; The Rolling Stones – Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood; Marilyn Manson; Soft Cell’s Marc Almond; Courtney Love and P.J. Harvey.

Todd Lynn launched his much anticipated eponymous menswear collection in London to press and buyers in September 2006. His collection embodies the easy, dark and beautiful rock and roll cool that his music heavy hitters have long appreciated. The collection incorporates the hybrid fusion of perfect tailoring and casual deconstruction. Once the sole domain of his celebrity bespoke clientele, now the world-at-large can access the Todd Lynn aesthetic. The style conscious and the Rock and Roll fan alike can get their hands on the goods at the world’s top fashion retailers.”

+ a list of his stockist are available on his website, along with a detailed history of his previous collections with names of items etc.

i spent some time and pasted screens of the previous collections below, but please see the collections in detail online (each item can be clicked for alternate views and detail zoom)

SPRING-SUMMER 2007

AUTUMN-WINTER 2007-2008

SPRING-SUMMER 2008

AUTUMN-WINTER 2008-2009

SPRING-SUMMER 2009

AUTUMN-WINTER 2009-2010

Last edited by ironman; 03-03-2010, 12:37 PM.
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Nice thread ironman! Todd Lynn is one of my favorites. His stuff goes very well with Nicolas Andreas Taralis, like how you mentioned. His tailoring is impeccable. I like his use of fabrics as well, wool raffia, lurex, paper leather. While i like the sharply-angled bias cuts on the front hem of his blazers, the torso is sometimes a bit too short for me and it feels a bit too feminine. I guess that's part of it being unisex styled, despite the sizing for men & women being different. Anyway, his pieces have a lot of cool details - on the Warrant jacket, it can be a 1-button peak lapel blazer or close with hidden buttons to make it a spread collar dinner jacket. If i can sell some stuff, i'm going to go for another one of his leathers this week. I only wish he had a men's stockist in north america! I'd like to have a closet of his clothes as well - i find his clothes sharp but wearable, dramatic without being contrived.

As far as footwear, he did a collaboration with Christian Louboutin for S/S08.

I've been looking for the "Drom jacket" from Chimaera for some time now. Di Meliora is possibly my favorite season.
    Last edited by kompressorkev; 03-31-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• ardeetee
      • Apr 2007

excellent! Thanks for thumbnailing all the photos and spreading them out like that, it really gives you a better feel for the collection

Comment

• rogelro
        • Mar 2008

yeah great way to see the whole collection at once

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡