Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neonrider
    • Jan 2008

what's more interesting (to me, at least) than comparing allsaints to rick or hedi ethically (dubious, i'd gently suggest) is that allsaints, never what you might call a great business, though profitable, is about to go under.

so perhaps there is also a question of how long the niche knockoff game can be played, and how profitable it really is (ie, allsaints had to reach mass scale, through high leverage, and more and more labor-intensive knockoffs, to make this even marginally productive as an investment).

fwiw.
    ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• andrewlikeswind
      • Nov 2009

it makes it pretty clearly in that article that the company is profitable right now, they are having administration problems as Icelandic shareholders have backed out. not to mention that there is no correlation to whether or not people are buying or not buying is due to knock-offs.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The fuckers get to live
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• delicious_not
          • Dec 2012

sorry for bumping an old thread, but i would really like to renew the discussion.

i wonder if the brand perception on here changed after all those years? anyone own AllSaints stuff, what do you think of its quality, fabrics, etc?

honestly, going through the previous pages made me wonder how bad the brand must have been years ago... but visiting their online shop now, i don't see lots of rick/julius/ann knockoffs or "fake aesthetics sold for 1/5 of the avant-garde boutique prices" or whatever.

most of the stuff doesn't even look like something SZ-related, which is fine, because i'm just looking for some reasonably priced basics.

Comment

• kodiakthebear
            • Jul 2018

They still seem to exist in that weird realm of mall-fancy where it's not actually that great, but is just taken as nice when the backdrop is GAP, Pacsun, etc. Faust would put it better than I could.

However, I would say that their fabric quality isn't awful, so while I don't own any personally, I would have no opposition to picking up a tee or something if I stumbled upon it at a consignment shop or something.

Comment

• delicious_not
              • Dec 2012

after visiting their store and trying on some stuff, gotta say i liked what they're offering. really enjoyed their knits, the fabrics are very nice, not even close to h&m, gap, etc... great coats, too.

also, definitely had no feeling like i was browsing through loads of shitty knock offs, most of the stuff is basic/neutral style. overall i'd say ASS should work if you don't feel the need to wear high end stuff daily and need a toned down side wardrobe.

... didn't like the prices tho. like x3 above zara, that's something i can't justify. still, purchased an unlined overcoat (link) at 50% off and very happy with it.
              Last edited by delicious_not; 12-27-2018, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎