X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

Allsaints

Sorry for the influx of Peasant status threads, but someone posted a link to the Allsaints site, and it seems like a (generally) attractive budget brand.

Obviously derivative, but I feel they can get a bit of a pass considering the pricing of the designer market they are looking to compete with (and it doesn't look like they have any 1:1 knockoffs)...

Anyway I'd like to place an order but was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality first?
    Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

its not great, but it's perfectly adequate given the price. Saw a pair of identikit paul harnden shoes in the window yesterday. frankly they are probably better value than the real thing.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

The CEO who iv met a few times does the rounds at the top shops, l'eclauier, library so on.
      He wears julius, viridi etc and jokes about how when he see's a piece by julius etc says ''coming to an all saints near you'' he has no dispute that all saints just rips off the designers sold in these places.

I guess it is the best when it comes to high street stuff but i mean i don't buy that sort of thing because you see every other wanna be grunge indie idiot or wanna be goth ninja wearing the stuff. In the UK at the moment its either that or people draped in vintage throwbacks and smelling like my gran's underwear drawer.

Seriously people don't do vintage justice' i mean the occasional vintage item worn the way merz wears his shoes is stunning. anyway i wouldn't buy the stuff unless you want to walk down the street seeing a mirror of yourslef on every other person.

Comment

• Huxley
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        anyway i wouldn't buy the stuff unless you want to walk down the street seeing a mirror of yourslef on every other person.
        Maybe in the UK. It's virtually unknown everywhere else. Anyways, if you're looking for cheap all saints leathers just look on uk ebay.

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Huxley View Post
          Maybe in the UK. It's virtually unknown everywhere else. Anyways, if you're looking for cheap all saints leathers just look on uk ebay.
          +1.

snafu: it's nice to have strong feelings about design integrity and support - but not every 20 yo student can afford a wardrobe full of Rick Owens and M.A.+
          Last edited by Magician; 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM. Reason: brevity is the soul of wit
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• tjoek
            • Apr 2008

All Saints is all right, but don't expect too much.
            Quality wise in my view is on par with H&M or Zara with a different style.
            ________
            Honda CX650T
            Last edited by tjoek; 01-19-2011, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• Sergei_S
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by snafu View Post
              anyway i wouldn't buy the stuff unless you want to walk down the street seeing a mirror of yourslef on every other person.
              Every time I'm in London I go to Allsaints for a couple of tees. Here in Moscow, people don't know anything about Allsaints at all. So, sometimes people at parties asking me "Where did you get this cool tee?" ))))

By the way the quality and the price are ok.
              I got weapons

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                +1.

snafu: it's nice to have strong feelings about design integrity and support - but not every 20 yo student can afford a wardrobe full of Rick Owens and M.A.+

is there not another problem with this argument. if it's an exact rip of of VA, julius, ro etc., and you will apprently look like everyone else by wearing it, won't that also be true when you wear the "originals"?

truth is that people who buy all saints don't fully "commit" to the look the way snafle would - so they'll wear a sludgy cardigan with a pair of prps worn in jeans and top shop plims. that IS a shit look for sure. but if you did wear it head to toe, it's a really close match to the real thing, and i'm not sure it's that common a look just yet.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

i agree with snaf. I know the head designer,he used o work at l'eclaireur...and is very much a raf and rick man.
                  Yes there are many high end knock offs,but what high street store doesnt?
                  The quality and fabrics are a lot better than other higigh st brands.
                  In trms of the look,i must disagree,i dont see many in the full head to toe look.More just simpler pieces like t's cardis and the boots.

For a smaller budget ALL SAINTS is good,and has had a huge overhaul in the last 2 years.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• gerry
                    • Feb 2008

If price is the issue why buy All Saints when the prices are the more than old Ann, Jil, and Helmut?
                    But all things aside the price to quality ratio is very decent.

Comment

• Tombo
                      • Mar 2009

It was me who posted that All saints link...

just because the product is affordable for the common man and not a 100% "authentic" n' original it doesn't mean it's a bad product....

That's the kind of fashion snobbery I just can't take..if you like it and u think it looks nice..then wear it....

My personal shopping consists og 95%secondhand..and if ppl who are worried they see mirrors of themselves walking on the streets,then I'd sugjest you try dig a bit for treassures in the real world instead of waiting for next seasons items to come out like the rest of the worlds SS/FW slaves...

Does Spending 10000000 of dollars on RO merc make your style any more original and personal?

brrr...I really wish the DIY section was way bigger on this forum,cus ppl seem to be so creative and into this stuff.

The rich dress poorly!
                      FS:Jackets=Raf Simons ss08,Dior Homme fw07(PM for details n pics)

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                        I think it's actually pretty funny. If they priced the label higher, some people on here would like it a lot better, and just call the inspiration from the brands for "a refference". I could clearly see some inspiration from Rick and Julius, but it's not rip offs. I don't own anything, but tired on some stuff once. I did like it, not amazing, but some knits etc was great for everyday use.

Eternal, it's a total and absolute rip off (creatively), there should be no mistake about that. There may be merit to it, but original it is not. My wife has a leather jacket that is indistinguishable from a rick jacket (I think that's a good thing since she's not realyl into the whole RO look, but as a change it kind of looks good - but not worth £1500 to try every now and again). And as I said, the paul harnden shoes are EXACTLY the same as the originals.

Comment

• the breaks
                          • Sep 2007

I wish AllSaints had stores around here :(
                          Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• morsto
                            • Nov 2008

Affordable or not, I would never buy it. And to the guy suggesting that people here would like it more it the price was higher; that is nonsense imo. Allsaints in my eyes is just as bad as wearing black scissors leathers. It's just flat out knock offs, which I would never touch, even though I am a poor student who cannot afford any of the stuff they copy.
                            I do not recognise the vessel,
                            but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• rogelro
                              • Mar 2008

just visit the website!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢