Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfood
    • Oct 2008

I've only been in the store they have across the street from browns very briefly. most of it looked like bad printed tees and cardigans that where along the line of something you'd find at Zara or H&M quality wise.

Saw some leathers too, nothing was very nice, some of them had some sort of crinkle treatment that looked really bad. Quality of the leather looked about the same as topman to be honest.

The only thing I saw that looked OK was a womens dress that was basically a perfect copy of a Herve Leger bandage dress.

Comment

• huskiesonice
      • Mar 2008

All Saints is okay, it caters for a market who want to look a certain way. The fact that their clothes may be Julius / Anne D / Rick O copies probably doesn't register with most All Saints customers, and why should it? Not everyone is immersed in what stitching technique Rick Owens is using this season, thank God.

The quality of All Saints stuff is basically High Street, it won't look the same after you've washed it a few times and for sure their leather is a long way from top quality, but for the price it's good.

Trevor Bolangaro used to be the top design guy there, at one time.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

like Johnny said, some pieces are nearly exact rip offs, not mildly influenced by something. their last fall or current spring collection had a leather that looked like Julius, and some womens leathers in particular seem to be direct RO rips.

I'd generally say the womens wear is far superior, mens seems like a weird mixture of knock-offs and shitty grunge print t-shirts etc. I tried on several things just for the hell of it and I have to say that every one of the 10 or so items (jacket, t-shirts, knits, cardigan..) I tried had something wrong with the fit or otherwise inadequate.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Trevor Bolangaro used to be the top design guy there, at one time.[/QUOTE]

He was actually one of the founders of the company.In terms of aesthetic the company has changed a great deal over the past 3 years...altho still catering for the "essex boy" and "indie kid" in many ways,it does offer a slightly edgier look for the high street.

I totally agree with Mike...the fits are always a bit off, and the womens is far superior in terms of design (or what hasnt been bitten from other designers) in comparison with the mens line.
          The head designer for ladies wera is a lady called Maria Chen. She used to have her own eponymous label in london a few years ago.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Silk
            • Jan 2009

This shit hurts my eyes honestly

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
              Just to be correct, Trevor Bolognaro isn't a guy, it's Kait Bolognaro and Stuart Trevor, who founded the label and were forced out of it over creative differences with the new (then) part owner.
              They are rather lovely people actually (and my ex neighbours).

Still, I don't really like Allsaints as it is now. Too big and bloated and unoriginal IMHO.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• dndy1840
                • Sep 2008

Thought I had to contribute...
                I actually happen to have one All Saints piece, that double-breasted coat (forgive the big picture) :

I am pretty happy with it regarding fit and fabric. Quality has actually nothing to do with Zara or H&M : it is fully lined, fabric is softer than the standard Zara "woolish-plastic" and construction is OK (of course not up to CCPs or ROs standards...or any of "superior" ready-to-wear brand). Unfortunately retail price is still quite exagerated for what it is(in Paris as far as I'm concerned), All Saints is fine when sales are up.
                As mike said, many pieces have terrible fits and the small pieces such as tees, knits (and most of the jackets) are made in crappy fabrics (überthin coton, unexpected see-through effect ).

Comment

• huskiesonice
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  They are rather lovely people actually (and my ex neighbours).
                  You may be interested in this then;

THE BLITZ - CLUB FOR HEROES

BOLONGARO TREVOR presents the next BLITZ CLUB FOR HEROES at the eclectic Punk club with the legendary Rusty Egan spinning a post punk, new wave, electronic disco with rockin' beats like only he can!

Host: Bolongaro Trevor

Venue: Punk14 Soho Street London W1D 3DN

Date: 8th April, 2009 9-3am

Contact Info: info@bolongarotrevor.com

Comment

Well, don't try to reanimate discussion but:

I think about how to acquit brands like allsaints (actually - allsaints, cos noone else produse so many rip-offs or adaptations of our beloved RO, Ann and Julius mixed with pop-up trends).

And I think how to acquit myself, who wears AllSaintsSpitalfields (ASS, honestly) leather jacket, some of knits and some of boots.

First point: Yes. I want spend money to good crafted items, I have a list of my grails, and I going to. But I have too many other expenditures in my life, so it couldn't happen in recent time.
                    Last year I think a lot about clothing aestetics, style in our life and all social aspects of it (thanks both of Szers, esp Faust, for their posts and discussions). And after all I began to change my style, searching right path. And ASS rip-offs were a good starting point for trying something grunge-styled.
                    So, actually, it's better than topshops-zara-other massmarket products, and, other hand, price don't bite to much.

And, exactly, after using ASS stuff I know that next my items 'll be from Julius, VA and InAisce.

So, ASS is not so bad)

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

i own a twisted seam jumper i bought from all saints a long time ago and it's held up. i'm not saying the quality is good or anything but it's a direct rip off of an sz brand and it was purchased before i knew about sz and the universes that this board delves in to. i wish i could remember who they ripped off because if i recall it was a smaller niche designer, either LUC or individual sentiments. something along those lines. i think the variance of designers they rip off is a bit impressive because someone who works there and studies markets is obviously "in the know" or else they'd just be ripping off rick and calling it a day. i wouldnt buy anything from them at this point because i like to maintain integrity in the clothes i purchase as i see them as more than just things i put on and like to know that i own a piece, albeit a small one, of a designer that truly inspires me. the quality is fine, far beyond h&m if you ask me, but honestly i'd accept no substitute. quality over quantity my friend.

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

re: quality, all saints > rick
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• toulouse
                          • May 2009

It caters to victims. Victims who don't know that Rick's 'new' stitching techniques go no further than buying new feet for production machines. if you're buying RO for innovative stitching technique or quality construction I don't know what to say but 'what the shit?'!
                          best point in defend of ASS is ASS as an introduction as Johnny said "I think that's a good thing since she's not realy into the whole RO look, but as a change it kind of looks good - but not worth £1500 to try every now and again." a chance to familiarize with this branch of fashion is good reason for ASS.
                          dndy1840. thank you for sharing an image of your ASS coat but regardless of your claim that it is nothing to do with h&m or zara i have to say from picture that it looks pretty farkhan' zara to me. better but not by very much
                          Originally posted by huskiesonice View Post
                          All Saints is okay, it caters for a market who want to look a certain way. The fact that their clothes may be Julius / Anne D / Rick O copies probably doesn't register with most All Saints customers, and why should it? Not everyone is immersed in what stitching technique Rick Owens is using this season, thank God.

The quality of All Saints stuff is basically High Street, it won't look the same after you've washed it a few times and for sure their leather is a long way from top quality, but for the price it's good.

Comment

• toulouse
                            • May 2009

so farkhanyassin true
                            Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                            re: quality, all saints > rick

Comment

• Zenith
                              • Jun 2009

I have yet to see a "goth ninja" wear all saints. Despite which designer they seem to be "inspired" by at the time, the customer is always the same essex boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                                the customer is always the same essex boy.
                                maybe it's illustrate our society and average costumers, not the brand and model line?

Anyway, a lot of us is far from Essex, so if all county looks like Rick/Julius/LUC clones - it's not the worst situation)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎