Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antidote
    • Apr 2009

I have some items from All Saint ( Longsleeves, Shoes, Cardigans).
    The Quality is O.K . I think a little bit better then Zara and H&M ( I have worked for both). But for me , only the Tops and Shoes are working....
    I have tried some leather, Coats and Jackets but the cut is always to big in the shoulders ( maybe because I normally wear RO).
    I like to mix it up with my higher priced items....Online shop is good....returns/refunds are always quickly...

Comment

• MikeN
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by morsto View Post
      Affordable or not, I would never buy it. And to the guy suggesting that people here would like it more it the price was higher; that is nonsense imo. Allsaints in my eyes is just as bad as wearing black scissors leathers. It's just flat out knock offs, which I would never touch, even though I am a poor student who cannot afford any of the stuff they copy.
      just wanted to bump this.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

all saints, zara, h&m, topshop...

Last edited by Shucks; 04-12-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• gavagai
          • May 2010

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
          re: quality, all saints > rick
          this quote pretty much sums up this thread.

"quality" is vague but do you really believe this statement? Even if RO had a hack taping his garments together over there in Italy there in no question that the fabrics are far and away superior to what All Saints is putting out.

Can you really disagree with this? Maybe you mean something different from "quality" other than basic materials, design, cuts, fit etc.

I can say that the All Saints shop here in San Francisco will not allow you to return an item unworn with tags. They will only give you a store credit. This is not the way business is done in SF.

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

I would like to think that we buy clothing for more than just its quality of construction. I'm sure you could live quite happily in 14oz denim, heavy flannel shirts and Dr Martens (...well back in the day when they were made in Northampton), but I think construction quality is merely one piece of the puzzle.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

Haha, I find it really funny that the CEO is so blunt about it all.

I am an ex-allsaints fiend. I agree with others that outside of london its more "unique," but in the end I find it much more satisfying buying the brands I do now, which are the same ones as the CEO of the company indulges in

The quality of the items are above H&M level, but they are still of very poor quality, and the materials are not anything rick level whatsoever. The items are awful to me now, and I don't know how "ninja" they were back when this thread was made, but they seem way more workwear oriented at the moment.

Allsaints like all high fashion follows big popular trends, but slightly puts some of their own character in the items. Of course this is also paired with the fact that all of their outerwear, and footwear are just god awful quality wise; not to mention poor versions of the actual item.

I can't hate on people wearing that since I use too, but if I knew then of the existence of rick owens, Julius, and others I definitely would have taken a different route. I would have definitely saved up, and have been content with a much smaller wardrobe, and slowly build up. Phasing out my old wardrobe was one of the best feelings.

Comment

• HreP
                • Mar 2011

I'd never pay 300£ for a leather jacket or 80£ for a cardigan that's basically a bad quality knock-off. I can't stand more or less all those brands that are inbetween cheap and 'expensive' - I just feel ripped when I buy stuff like that, because most often the quality is still extremely bad. When I, and that's not very often, buy something high street it's always tees that are about 20$, because the price is the only factor that justifies the purchase.

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
                  I would like to think that we buy clothing for more than just its quality of construction. I'm sure you could live quite happily in 14oz denim, heavy flannel shirts and Dr Martens (...well back in the day when they were made in Northampton), but I think construction quality is merely one piece of the puzzle.
                  (1) Design, cut and raw materials does not equal construction. That is by definition, not opinion. By definition, I mean the definition of "construction"

(2) No, I would not be happy wearing Jeans, a flannel and Doc Martens. Worst case scenerio I'd move to a nudist colony

Comment

• syed
                    • Sep 2010

I was just referring to: quality, all saints > rick

We buy clothing for more than just quality of construction is what I was saying. Whether it be ideas, the vision of the designer, etc. etc.
                    "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• gavagai
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by syed View Post
                      I was just referring to: quality, all saints > rick

We buy clothing for more than just quality of construction is what I was saying. Whether it be ideas, the vision of the designer, etc. etc.
                      I guess I'm confused. Do you think the quality of All Saints is greater than Rick Owens?

Certainly Rick has ideas, designs his own clothing etc etc. You really think All Saints who blatantly rip off other brands designs and mask it under industry terms like "inspiration" can compare? there is a difference between designing clothes and copying designs and putting them into quick production to suit passing fads.

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

^ Nah, I totally agree with you, I would never buy All Saints. Should have quoted, but I was making a reference to...

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                        re: quality, all saints > rick

Comment

• Antidote
                          • Apr 2009

For me it has also to do whit my job....
                          It makes a difference if you rip off a Longsleeve for 40 or for 200 €...
                          And there is no question...RO quality/fabrics/designs are not to compare with All Saints

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

I meant quality only as in "will this thing fall apart on me or not" :)

Obviously materials and design wise there's no comparison to be made and i suppose a comparing the quality without including everything that encompasses is a bit unfair... Doesn't mean i get any less pissed off when my 200 dollar t-shirt rips on the first day ;)
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Strange to see, that you, guys, get in this direction. no doubts, quality of ASS is far from any of serious brands, but it's just not so bad like all other mass market. And, sure, I prefer one good item for three just-normal too, but if you can't buy knitted cardigan from Tatsuro Horikawa, what you prefer: nothing or really good knitted julius-ripped card from allsaints?

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

A girl I know bought me a wool blazer from All Saints this past fall and I was kind of squeamish at first but to be totally honest, the quality is top notch and the material of this particular jacket (it's a vintage wool imported from somewhere or other) is quite good. Miles better than any H&M piece I've ever purchased but also more expensive.

Out of curiosity, I checked the price point on the website and it runs about $250 USD. Which is quite a bit but the quality warrants it. The cut is wonderfully suited to my frame (not an easy task) and material and construction are as good or better than a lot of way more expensive pieces I have.

I'm not a fan of direct knock offs for the sole reason of sales/mass consumption but when it comes to a generic blazer, I wore the shit out of that thing this winter. To be honest, I'd likely never buy anything from there the same way I'd never buy anything from Urban Outfitters (solely on their business tactics/ethics alone) but it was a nice gift that I've made a lot of use out of.
                                Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎