X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

^i have a chunky cardigan from there that saved my soul for much of the winter.

truthfully, there is less honor in missing a rent payment to buy something than in buying something you like and not giving a fuck.

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

can we please get back on topic here?

Comment

Originally posted by beardown View Post
        A girl I know bought me a wool blazer from All Saints this past fall and I was kind of squeamish at first but to be totally honest, the quality is top notch and the material of this particular jacket (it's a vintage wool imported from somewhere or other) is quite good. Miles better than any H&M piece I've ever purchased but also more expensive.

Out of curiosity, I checked the price point on the website and it runs about $250 USD. Which is quite a bit but the quality warrants it. The cut is wonderfully suited to my frame (not an easy task) and material and construction are as good or better than a lot of way more expensive pieces I have.

I'm not a fan of direct knock offs for the sole reason of sales/mass consumption but when it comes to a generic blazer, I wore the shit out of that thing this winter. To be honest, I'd likely never buy anything from there the same way I'd never buy anything from Urban Outfitters (solely on their business tactics/ethics alone) but it was a nice gift that I've made a lot of use out of.
        Thanks to hit a point, and you too, Kunk.
        So, I think, ass has a right to be good addition for high level items.

and
        Originally posted by endersgame View Post
        back on topic
        honestly, topic was about quality and possibility of use of these things, instead of about their design solutions.
        Last edited by Guest; 04-13-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

so, not about the greatest girl band of the 1990's?

they are cheap clothes, what's there to discuss..

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Honestly, I've worn my AS jeans 100% times more than my RO ones. I don't think they're better quality or whatever, they're just comfortable as shit. and way cheaper too

Comment

• DRRRK
              • Aug 2009

Cheapness is purely subjective. Just because you are able to buy LUC as basics does not mean All Saints is cheap. Ask the H&M or AA customer, for them All Saints is expensive.

You don't have to buy the attempted knock-offs there. They have some stuff which would fit in Rick or Julius collections, but are no copy, just, well, "influenced". I don't want to defend their strategy. Just say that you can buy one or two things there. I prefer the mixture of expensive and cheaper clothes to head to toe baller stuff any day.
              For that copying stuff, everybody buys phones that are more or less copies from others and does not care. Same with furniture. Got to a furniture design forum and the will blame Ikea and habitat.

Comment

so, not about the greatest girl band of the 1990's?

oh, so we discuss price tags / third-world production?)

Thanks, DRRRK, I'm not defend all their strats too, but surly think that it good additional in search for your visual expression point (and it's keypoint of SZ, in my eyes)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                  Cheapness is purely subjective. Just because you are able to buy LUC as basics does not mean All Saints is cheap. Ask the H&M or AA customer, for them All Saints is expensive.
                  I think he meant cheap as in "badly made," not as in "inexpensive."
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                    oh, so we discuss price tags / third-world production?)

Thanks, DRRRK, I'm not defend all their strats too, but surly think that it good additional in search for your visual expression point (and it's keypoint of SZ, in my eyes)
                    yes, we actually do, quite a bit. it's a serious issue.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      yes, we actually do, quite a bit. it's a serious issue.
                      Of course. But if we talk about ASS worst of it origins is China, that actually not a third-world anymore. So no child-abuse included.

Faust, I don't know much about origins of garments of Ann and RO, for example.
                      Sorry if I try to dive in fields too early to discuss to me.

Comment

• gavagai
                        • May 2010

I have no problem with someone who finds a garment they like and wear the shit out of - more power to them if they didn't have to blow their whole paycheck on them. I love finding used clothing on here and E-bay. Recycle!

The difference between something being made in Japan or Italy vs. China or Peru is so staggering on a quality, environmental and human rights level it is staggering.

Really, what qualifies as being a good factory (as opposed to a sweat shop) is absolutely insane. Seriously, imagine working most of your waking hours and literally make a couple dollars. That is incredulous - corporations and governments taking advantage of their own people like this.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the clothes or that you should be concerned about these issues. It just means you can't really skim over these issues and pretend they aren't there.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                          Of course. But if we talk about ASS worst of it origins is China, that actually not a third-world anymore. So no child-abuse included.

Faust, I don't know much about origins of garments of Ann and RO, for example.
                          Sorry if I try to dive in fields too early to discuss to me.
                          You surely jest?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

china is not a third world country anymore so in turn china has completely turned over their horrid human rights/child labor policies? way to go china!

Comment

Damn. Yes, yes, I'm not fully right, but all of us using so many stuff that manufactured in china official ways and has real good quality, so why it can't be cloth or garment?

How can you be sure that your ro item not produced by some third-world migrants on Italian/japan/American factories?

Comment

• Lane
                                • Aug 2010

while I agree with you that there could be immigrants doing the same work in Italy...

I thought for a second you were trolling with your original comment. Just because China is rapidly industrializing doesn't mean it has abandoned its methods. In fact, child labor to China is a necessary condition for its rapid success with industrialization.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎