X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Angelo Figus - another great Antwerp product that couldn't make it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

I had read the article about Thimister yesterday, when i saw this look before reading the previous page i thought "was Thimister and Figus copying each other?

I never really was drawn to Figus though, of them I thought Jurgi Persoons and Jose Enrique Ona Selfa was much stronger.........Ona Elfa had the bigest change to succeed, I really don't know what happened, as he was hired by LVMH to do Leowe. this in some ways meant a certain level of security........... or I could be wrong about that.

i should really get this thread Going as there are a list of names that come to my mind that didn't quite make it, or that i hear nothing about now.......

London
              1. Akadius
              2. Warren Norhona
              3. Icarus de Menzez
              4. Russel Sage
              5. Hamish Morrow
              6. Jessica Ogden

USA
              1, Markus Heumer
              2. Mark Kroeker
              3. O.R.F.I
              4. Tawfik Mounayer
              5. Jared gold
              6. Michelle Mason (L.A.'s Olivier Theyskens)
              7. Elisa Jiminez
              8. Claude Sabbah
              9. Morteza Saifi

I have alot more but have some work to do.................
              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

What happened to Marina Yee? Can't really find much about her.
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

She never made it internationally. I think she sells a bit in Belgium and has moved more to costume design, like Kaat Debo.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coup de grace
                    x
                    • Sep 2006

who remembers antique boutique

a shop on broadway bwtn 4th and 8th (?), in what is now an aa or superdry or some crap

this was circa 98 (?). upstairs was a used clothing shop, downstairs was a well curated selected of neil barrett, mandarina duck, maybe maharishi?

who ran that place? what are they doing now?

a tough thing to google

Comment

• dontbecruel
                      • Sep 2006

Zam, Jessica Ogden still designs the pretty, affordable Madras line for APC.

Sad that her own label shut. We went to the firesale in her studio and there were endless reams of gorgeous fabrics going cheap.

I heard a story about a whole lorry full of her stock being stolen and sold on eBay so maybe that contributed to the company's demise.

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dontbecruel View Post
                        Zam, Jessica Ogden still designs the pretty, affordable Madras line for APC.

Sad that her own label shut. We went to the firesale in her studio and there were endless reams of gorgeous fabrics going cheap.

I heard a story about a whole lorry full of her stock being stolen and sold on eBay so maybe that contributed to the company's demise.
                        thanks, I knew when she was closing,.......... really sad. I used to occasionally be in touch with her as we are from the same country and did a number of the same shows locally. good to know she is still designing for APC though.........
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                          who remembers antique boutique

a shop on broadway bwtn 4th and 8th (?), in what is now an aa or superdry or some crap

this was circa 98 (?). upstairs was a used clothing shop, downstairs was a well curated selected of neil barrett, mandarina duck, maybe maharishi?

who ran that place? what are they doing now?

a tough thing to google
                          yes i remember. used to shop there back in high school.

no clue, but they haven't been in business for many many years..

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

I've been thinking about a Matsuda hat I bought more than a decade ago and was wondering what Mitsuhiro Matsuda was up to since the company closed. To my surprise, he died of liver failure in 2008.

I loved his collaboration with Nan Goldin.
                            THE HOUSE OF DIS
                            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• KodakII
                              • Sep 2008

Bump, Andrew Groves updated his site with better images and videos. Below is a video that was posted on youtube; however, the videos on his site cannot be missed.

Comment

• Darklands
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

what happened

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                good idea for a thread, instant thread derail. yawn.

some labels I used to buy years ago, that have vanished, wonder if anyone knows what happened:

Workers for Freedom, SO, Moholy Nagy (shirt label)
                                with Moholy-Nagy the financial partner died and the designer (Laszlo Moholy-Nagy's grandson) just moved on to something else. too bad, it was good.

Good question about SO. Alexander van Slobbe has, or had talent . . . it just seemed to fade away . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎