Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Barcelona, need some advise : restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osn19
    • Feb 2007

Going to Barcelona, need some advise : restaurants, bars, clubs, shopping...

Hello,

I will be going to Barcelona for a few days soon, and it's my first time.

It would be nice to know what places I should consider, so if you know any good restaurants (without advance booking), bars, clubs, shops, please let me know.

Thank you !
    Originally posted by blacksuit
    wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

As for restaurants without advance booking I can only recommend some tapas bars.
    Pinotxo in the Bouqueria was good.
    But I personally preferred Cal Pep over that.

If it's good to be a bit more special (could be that you have to reservate, tho) I would REALLY recommend you a visit at Commerc 24 (also has a tapas bar, but I dont know how that is). I recently posted some pictures of the lunch I had there and I still enjoy looking back to the visit (the big menu is very pricey for the effort, too).

As for shopping, I cannot really recommend much. I didn't find anything good considering clothing (but could be, that I just visited the wrong corners). But if you like chocolate, you cannot really go wrong in Barcelona ;-)

Well, what else to say... Don't take a fucking bus tour!!
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• mauser
      • Oct 2007

Barcelona...

Get a dinner a Pla in the Barri Gotic, increcible! Also have a burger at Pim Pam Burger near the Passeig del Born.

For drinks, you may just want to stroll around the Barri Gotic at night and pick any good looking bar there. La Fianna in the Born is good too.

Shopping, try Jean Pierre Bua and then hang around Carrer del Rec for La Comercial, they may have something, and Passeig del Born had a shop called Hamptons Bcn that stocked some goodies last autumn. Doshaburi is a nice little shop in the Barri Gotic, too.

Don't pass the chance to visit the Parc Guell, that is a true must!!

I hope I got the names correct, they're a bit tricky to remember as always.... :)

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

As for me, I didn't enjoy visiting Parc Guell very much. Of course, I really like the Gaudi-aesthethic but the Parc itself was not as impressive as the Casa Batlló (which is easier to reach, as well).
        The audio guide you get is very good as well... Would prefer a visit there. (But that's just my humble oppinion...)
        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

Go check out a spot called Baghdad if you're into things like raw sex shows. For real. Kind of expensive but worth it just for the stories you can tell afterward. And if you go real late, you can talk down the cover charge at the entry.
          My best bar experiences weren't clubs, they were were just random dive bars where it's easier to meet locals. Never found much in the way of shopping but if you're into art, architecture and things like that definitely go to the Picasso museum in the gothic quarter and the Miro museum up on the hill.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• osn19
            • Feb 2007

Thank you very much for those tips, much appreciated !
            Originally posted by blacksuit
            wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• mauser
              • Oct 2007

I still consider taking the time to get to Parc Guell is worth the effort, and once you get there it's essential to walk a tour in the park, there are outstanding views to the city and the surrounding hills from the heights. On the way back to the town the district of Gracia is a pleasure to pass and take a drastically different view of Barcelona.
              Nevertheless, whatever you decide to do, it's a great city and the atmosphere is fantastic, have fun there!!

Comment

• foke
                • Apr 2009

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

just for food, but check out:

- Jamonisimo, for snacking on some awesome Iberian ham
                  - Paco Meralgo, excellent tapas
                  - Cinc Sentits (dinner)
                  - Alkimia (dinner, 60-70 euros tasting menu, michelin star)
                  - Espai Sucre (desserts)

some other people like these places for lunch or dinner:
                  - Hisop
                  - Colibri
                  - Sauc
                  between these, Cinc Sentits, and Alkimia, i hope you'll find a nice meal that appeals to you. there's a bunch of other restaurants in the same locale but they were out of my range. i'd be pretty satisfied with checking out a few of the aforementioned. have a fun & safe time!

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

hang out by the beaches that they made for the olympics in 1992. hard to believe but there was not any beaches before that. i forget their names but they are off down the coast and great to hang out at night.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by beardown View Post
                      Go check out a spot called Baghdad if you're into things like raw sex shows. For real. Kind of expensive but worth it just for the stories you can tell afterward. And if you go real late, you can talk down the cover charge at the entry.
                      Just returned from Barcelona and paid a visit to this club. I went with 9 other skaters and we easily talked the doorman down 30 euros. I've never seen two transvestites with huge fake tits 69 each other before. So um....Jesus.

Comment

• BBSCCP
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                        Just returned from Barcelona and paid a visit to this club. I went with 9 other skaters and we easily talked the doorman down 30 euros. I've never seen two transvestites with huge fake tits 69 each other before. So um....Jesus.
                        haha, seems like you had fun M.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Going to Barcelona before Paris. Hit me up with updated recommendations.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Going to Barcelona before Paris. Hit me up with updated recommendations.
                            Bring your BBS knit to Boris and ask him what he thinks?

Comment

• woupes
                              • Apr 2011

Can anyone recommend a mid priced hotel?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎