X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wiggles
    • Sep 2008

Wrap Cardigan

Thinking about making one for myself because I don't want to spend the dough on something expensive, but I've never actually seen a Rick one (like the style I want) in person. I assume it's just essentially a rectangle of fabric with sleeves, is it not? Also, any suggestions for fabric? I've never looked for fabric of this sort, I'd like it to be similar to his unstable cotton shirts and junk...

more or less. I like to add shoulder seams though, as it stays on better and gives a nicer line to the edge of the side panels. it's really easy to just cut pieces out above the sleeve holes and sew them together. a tip is to make the width your bodylength, and the height (vertical length when worn) at about a meter.

use viscose, cotton, hemp, silk, modal, any of them and any combination. can't go wrong. go for something soft and not too stiff.

Comment

• kofi3159
      • Feb 2009

MIght work with 90 % cotton and 10 % cashmere to make it soft..

Comment

• alyen
        • Oct 2015

There are many wrap styles, I have made one my own, which consisted of a möbius strip with sleeves, I added shoulder seams for a better silhouette though.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎