Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cursedd00r
    • Jan 2018

today i wore a giant sean john puffer with patches on it and an overlong ann sweater and some pinstriped yohji zoot pants and 795z's and everyone in the cockeysville, md target was staring at me. i usually get stared at in that coat because it is the most psycho piece i own. it was bad because i was trying to steal a bunch of pokemon cards. i always get a lot of mean stares, i get occasional compliments on either my boots or pants, i get a lot of people amused by my bowl cut or earrings.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by cursedd00r View Post
      >overlong ann sweater
      >pinstriped yohji zoot pants
      >795z's
      Originally posted by cursedd00r View Post
      i was trying to steal a bunch of pokemon cards.
      ... I'm pretty sure if you can afford clothing like that, you can just buy singles...

Wore my Mountain hoodie out last night with the Boxy tee, Pods and low Nubuck Ramones and got the predictable Deatheater comment. I prefer Nazghul, but I take what I can get...

Another instance, last month, was eating at my company's breakfast and wore a Carpe Diem Lab Coat, Rick wool trousers, Guidi 016s, Zam double layer beanie and a Zam Priest shirt and got many a "You look like an assassin/serial killer" comment... so that was nice.
      who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• STEALTH
        • Feb 2008

One of the main reasons for me dressing like I do is so that people DO NOT NOTICE ME
        I can just about get away with being in any situation without attracting too much attention or receiving any comments at least
        There are other reasons though.
        Those of you who do attract a lot of attention are either not dressing very well (IMHO)
        Or consciously or subconsciously trying to do so.
        Last edited by STEALTH; 02-11-2018, 05:49 PM. Reason: Old Age and Infirmity
        https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

What I happen to like can be perceived as foreboding - I can't help that. I also live in North Texas, so people are more apt to be taken aback with the general mode of dress. For as many comments I get, I will get many more compliments. When I was living in New York, nobody would bat an eye at my outfits. *This* is highly contextual.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• STEALTH
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
            What I happen to like can be perceived as foreboding - I can't help that. I also live in North Texas, so people are more apt to be taken aback with the general mode of dress. For as many comments I get, I will get many more compliments. When I was living in New York, nobody would bat an eye at my outfits. *This* is highly contextual.
            I hope this was not directed at my post
            Because it sure was not aimed at you
            (It's not all about you son)
            That's what the "Quote Reply" option is for.
            And a compliment IS a comment.
            Last edited by STEALTH; 02-11-2018, 07:22 PM.
            https://www.facebook.com/Marc.Stealth.Kaos

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
              • Oct 2015

Barhopping the other night and overheard a guy tell his friend...Hey that guy dresses like Morpheus. (The Matrix)

Comment

• kattah
                • Feb 2018

I currently live in a small town north of Toronto (since moving from Toronto for a job) and no one here wears what I wear. I get looks, but it's mostly looks of admiration as this is a flannel, snowboot kind of town. When people stop me, they ask where my clothes are from. I am understated though, so I can imagine more avant garde looks would garner some unwelcome attention. I wouldn't care though. I felt most comfortable in my fashion choices in Berlin, Warsaw and Wroclaw. People really dress up there.

Comment

• MissMica
                  • Apr 2018

I am the type of person that dresses for blending in but I also try to add some notes of personal style IE: My bag, bracelets, etc. I love to dress up at night when I hit the town and go for it. But I don't really like to stick out during the day but always am fashion conscious.

Comment

• Zambot
                    • Jan 2018

I wear Yohji/Comme/Anne D everyday and don't have a lot of comments directed towards me mostly guess I blend in with menswear standards. My yohji balloon pants have women asking me all the time admiring where I bought them I guess because I look so relaxed and Zen haha

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Zambot View Post
                      I wear Yohji/Comme/Anne D everyday and don't have a lot of comments directed towards me mostly guess I blend in with menswear standards. My yohji balloon pants have women asking me all the time admiring where I bought them I guess because I look so relaxed and Zen haha
                      i find that the new trend is that women are rejecting Pour Femme and wearing PH ?

its kind of cool i guess but its a huge trend in asia at the moment.
                      Originally posted by unwashed
                      Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                      Originally posted by Ahimsa
                      I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                        • Nov 2014

Wearing Rick in Berlin is like being a bus driver – when you see someone else wearing it, you nod to the other guy.
                        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                          Wearing Rick in Berlin is like being a bus driver – when you see someone else wearing it, you nod to the other guy.
                          Signature material
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• broken_chairs
                            • Sep 2015

Got described as "sorta goth"

Just another thing I can't commit to

Comment

• Nickefuge
                              • Nov 2014

This is not a stranger’s reaction to my clothes, but I think it fits this thread.
                              I live next to the NagNagNag store (Darkland’s outlet store) in Berlin. It’s right in the center, with lots of vanilla stores nearby (Starbucks, Uniqlo, The Kooples etc.). They have a sign on the sidewalk that just says "Designer Outlet 30-80% off" and I absolutely enjoy seeing tourists enter the store thinking they can snatch some Hilfiger or other mainstream brand and then exiting a few seconds later with a disappointed look on their face.
                              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• jap808
                                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                This is not a stranger’s reaction to my clothes, but I think it fits this thread.
                                I live next to the NagNagNag store (Darkland’s outlet store) in Berlin. It’s right in the center, with lots of vanilla stores nearby (Starbucks, Uniqlo, The Kooples etc.). They have a sign on the sidewalk that just says "Designer Outlet 30-80% off" and I absolutely enjoy seeing tourists enter the store thinking they can snatch some Hilfiger or other mainstream brand and then exiting a few seconds later with a disappointed look on their face.
                                Just come back from Berlin and went to NagNag on saturday afternoon: I had exactly the same thoughs :D
                                For at least 3 times in a hours, tourist in colorful short and t-shirt came in and was hit by boomin techno, welcomed by two dark shop assistant and shocked by black leather hangin' from the wall and black clothes everywhere... and then exit a few seconds later with that look on their face...

ps: nice place to stay, though :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎