X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PenguinBlubber
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
    The real crime here is buying canned tomatoes.
    Hells No. Good canned whole peeled plum tomatoes (usually Italian imports) that are not treated with calcium chloride are comparable to fresh for long-cooked applications. They are picked when ripe and canned immediately. Unlike out-of-season "fresh" grocery store tomatoes, that are picked when unripe so they aren't smashed in shipping. These "fresh" tomatoes are then artificially ripened to make them appear bright and red, resulting in mealy, flavorless garbage. It's winter here, so no way in hell am I buying a "fresh" tomato from the other side of the world.

Comment

• Recht
      • Aug 2015

I agree with this, I use San Marzano canned tomatoes ( for sauces usually ) and they're unique

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

A few days ago I was walking down the subway station. A young girl saw me (full Rick), jumped over to her mom and grabbed onto her in fear.

Btw: let's revive this thread!
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Law
          • Dec 2013

Went to see the Deftones recently, after walking through the turnstile and going through the quick search, the security guard tilts his head and looks genuinely perplexed. I ask him "Everything OK?", he says "Yeah, I thought for a moment that you were wearing a skirt.".......I reply "I'am". Was wearing some Rick kilt pants.

Comment

• Campe92
            • Jan 2017

When i wear my Fagassent painted jeans, old people look at me like: wtf?? are u dressed for go out or are u a worker/house painter?
            "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• julian_doe
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Campe92 View Post
              When i wear my Fagassent painted jeans, old people look at me like: wtf?? are u dressed for go out or are u a worker/house painter?
              "Oh, dear!

How embarrassing...to think that one could even be IMAGINED to be a LOWLY painter/laborer! Don't people have better sense? That one's shitty and overpriced jeans are actually HUNDREDS of dollars?"

This forum...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I have nothing to contribute. All I get is compliments. Boring.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alan
                  • Aug 2014

I do get a lot of looks when I wear all black in NYC summer

Also, people are often in awe of my RO XL tote bag, you know, the one that comes with cargos

Comment

• Campe92
                    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
                    "Oh, dear!

How embarrassing...to think that one could even be IMAGINED to be a LOWLY painter/laborer! Don't people have better sense? That one's shitty and overpriced jeans are actually HUNDREDS of dollars?"

This forum...
                    Due to my position right now i obviously cannot afford a 600€ pair of jeans and yes they are overpriced but the material quality is not so bad...i've payed it 200€ from a "last sale boutique"...i don't want to go ot but if u not buy zara or hm the minimum price for a decent jeans is over 150€, so it was a good deal in my opinion
                    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• julian_doe
                      • Mar 2013

Due to my position right now i obviously cannot afford a 600€ pair of jeans and yes they are overpriced but the material quality is not so bad...i've payed it 200€ from a "last sale boutique"...i don't want to go ot but if u not buy zara or hm the minimum price for a decent jeans is over 150€, so it was a good deal in my opinion
                      I don't care how much your jeans cost, or how much you can afford.

My comment was in regards to the negative connotation which you are giving to the term "worker/house painter".

A lot of the designers loved and discussed in this forum sew fabric by hand, coat and distress garments by hand, and sometimes even dye fabrics by hand. There is nothing un-admirable about labor.

I have a greater admiration for a laborer/"worker", than for a hype-beast tool wearing sub-par quality clothes in order to feel like they fit in a niche.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
                        • Oct 2015

My comment was in regards to the negative connotation which you are giving to the term "worker/house painter".

A lot of the designers loved and discussed in this forum sew fabric by hand, coat and distress garments by hand, and sometimes even dye fabrics by hand. There is nothing un-admirable about labor.

I have a greater admiration for a laborer/"worker", than for a hype-beast tool wearing sub-par quality clothes in order to feel like they fit in a niche.
                        Preach!

Comment

• Campe92
                          • Jan 2017

Absolutly NO negative connotation Julian! I'm here because i love the artisanal work of this designers as much as you! so, maximum respect for artisanal works of all over the world.
                          P.s. my father is an artisan bricklayer

Comment

• jap808
                            • Dec 2012

Absolutly NO negative connotation Julian! I'm here because i love the artisanal work of this designers as much as you! so, maximum respect for artisanal works of all over the world.
                            P.s. my father is an artisan bricklayer
                            It's not him disrispecting laborer/worker: it's old people who looks at him like: "wtf?? are u dressed for go out or are u a worker/house painter?"

Please note: this old people are NOT disrispecting house painter, they just came from another era, when people wear really distressed clothes for years (until these broke in pieces) and were probably ashamed they could not afford new clothes.
                            So, they don't understand why someone who could afford "clean" clothes would wear broken/dirty/distressed clothes...

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

I think I mentioned before about my wardrobe division between sz clothing and cheap 30usd adidas/no brand outfits - for when I don't have time to style, am going to spend the whole day in a boring meeting, working out, etc. So unlike you guys, the comment I often got these days is "Why do you look so 'regular' today? Almost couldn't recognize you." - When I'm in the cheap outfits days. It does irritate me a bit sometimes though some people still say that when I'm in 11 sweatshirt and sweatpants. Guess that should be a third division...

Comment

• goldsamxo
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                                for when I don't have time to style, am going to spend the whole day in a boring meeting, working out, etc. So unlike you guys, the comment I often got these days is "Why do you look so 'regular' today? Almost couldn't recognize you." - When I'm in the cheap outfits days.
                                Happens to me as well, except when I'm sewing / working at school. Usually I don't like to move around as extreme as I do, when cutting patterns or sewing; so I normally just go back to school later in the day in a cut-up band shirt, some basic Julius denim & my Salomons. Most people aren't use to seeing me like that so I get the same reactions. It's kinda funny, I enjoy it. It's a divide.
                                Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                                Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎