X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schuur
    • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Flip a few pages back for the best BBS tag story ever.
    ah, the "hearing aid" one? saw that already

Comment

• ilurkaround
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by schuur View Post
      i swear, every time i wear my bbs tee at least one person pulls on the tags. anyone else get this?
      Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
      this never happens to me and I´m wearing a bbs tee, tank or hoodie almost every day.
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Flip a few pages back for the best BBS tag story ever.
      i get the pull, the "you forgot to remove the tag," and then the blank stare when i explain what it is. the best explanation is just to tell someone it's a hearing aid imho.

Comment

• lionlimb
        • Feb 2013

A while back I picked up a sheer Lang top from 1997. I was never really sure how I felt about the draping, so it didn't make it out of the house until yesterday.

EVERY SINGLE MALE from my parents' doctor in the produce section to the 16 year old cashier stopped me with a compliment.

Conclusion: Helmut understands men way better than I ever will. Duly noted.
        not baller

Comment

• hurricane08
          • Nov 2008

I was in Degli Effetti some years back looking their stuff ,was like the only customer there when suddenly a tall middle age italian artist/designer (or something similar) dressed in carpe diem/ph came in very quickly and starting picking and trying some dozen of clothes in a couple of minutes.So imagine a guy (me) dressed like a common tourist in Rome ,interrupting the conversation between the assistant and this man ,asking him about a ccp jacket.The man went so crazy asking the assistant something like "who is that f..cazzo ..." in Italian .Then the assistant explain him about ccp and said something like that he was based in Perugia .
          Last edited by hurricane08; 01-12-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
            I was in Degli Effetti some years back looking their stuff ,was like the only customer there when suddenly a tall middle age italian artist/designer (or something similar) dressed in carpe diem/ph came in very quickly and starting picking and trying some dozen of clothes in a couple of minutes.So imagine a guy (me) dressed like a common tourist in Rome ,interrupting the conversation between the assistant and this man ,asking him about a ccp jacket.The man went so crazy asking the assistant something like "who is that f..cazzo ..." in Italian .Then the assistant explain him about ccp and said something like that he was based in Perugia .
            I was in Degli Effetti two days ago and I am glad to not receive the same treatment!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hurricane08
              • Nov 2008

i didn't receive a bad treatment from the assistant as well . Two times i went there,he was really cool. Supposed that i didn't understand anything from the italian guy :).

Comment

• reality
                • Dec 2013

my first post here, anyways, some random guy in my school called me a serial killer. I'm sure people talk more shit about me behind my back but I don't care. I'm not even wearing something avant garde. Just a full black outfit and I already turn heads. People here (slovenia) are so behind in fashion that it's not even funny. Shit is ridicolous...

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                  • Jan 2011

I quit the Dave Gahan. Now — according to the four-year-old boy at Stansted Airport — I am the goddamn Batman

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

An improvement in my book.

Comment

• 8bpc
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by reality View Post
                      Just a full black outfit and I already turn heads.
                      I wonder how many of these reactions are to the dark or all black color scheme rather than the actual garments. Why exactly do dark or all black color schemes bother people so much?

Comment

• dronevil
                        • Jul 2010

I had a rather macabre compliment happen to me while on break today.
                        I work near a Coptic church, and while getting back from lunch there was a funeral procession starting. I was wearing a RO coat with a druid/pointy hood and a scarf wrapped around my neck and lower face(it's face shattering cold in Toronto atm).
                        Paying my respects I stopped in my tracks and waited for them to finish bringing the deceased into the church. Eventually an elderly African woman stopped near me and commented to herself "Father bless this child to heaven, and let death bother them no longer." Something along those lines. When she had finished, she turned towards me guessing to see if I had anything to say. The look on her face was mortifying. She went to grasp her chest, when I quickly pulled down my scarf to say something in response. She let out a sigh of relief and told me "If I didn't know any better, I thought that you were the grim reaper himself." I wanted to laugh, but it looked like she was still in shock.
                        I nodded and said; "Ma'am that is the greatest compliment I've ever gotten in my entire life." Then walked away grinning

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

My old friend asked me what kind of sneakers I was wearing with genuine interest, I felt uncomfortable having people know how much I'm willing to spend on clothing so I just sort of trailed off. I should come up with a better stock response for those kinds of questions.
                          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                            My old friend asked me what kind of sneakers I was wearing with genuine interest, I felt uncomfortable having people know how much I'm willing to spend on clothing so I just sort of trailed off. I should come up with a better stock response for those kinds of questions.
                            I just tell people the price is too obscene. They can judge themselves what "obscene" means to me. The times I´ve told people what I´ve spent, like a 200 euro sruli recht tee, I´ve regretted it. Specially in the city I´m from, people are just no ready for someone dropping that kind of money on clothing.

Comment

• u-ti
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
                              If people ask me how much my stuff cost, I'll just be totally honest about it. I mean, if you think about all the money people spend on low quality stuff that go bad in half an year or the stuff they really dont care about and throw away after a season, I think buying quality stuff that i love and using it for ages is nothing to be uncomfortable of talking about.
                              Last edited by u-ti; 01-22-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                                I just tell people the price is too obscene. They can judge themselves what "obscene" means to me. The times I´ve told people what I´ve spent, like a 200 euro sruli recht tee, I´ve regretted it. Specially in the city I´m from, people are just no ready for someone dropping that kind of money on clothing.
                                Originally posted by u-ti View Post
                                If people ask me how much my stuff cost, I'll just be totally honest about it. I mean, if you think about all the money people spend on low quality stuff that go bad in half an year or the stuff they really dont care about and throw away after a season, I think buying quality stuff that i love and using it for ages is nothing to be uncomfortable of talking about.
                                It wasn't even the cost that they asked directly. That would be easy to respond to, I could just tell them that it wasn't polite to ask such things. Or the obscene answer would work just as well. But when they show interest in an article of clothing (what brand is that?), enough that they might look it up themselves, I'd just prefer they didn't know to begin with. It's just so easy for a dollar amount to be interpreted in so many wrong ways.
                                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎