Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

ahn centocose used to have some really good photos but I can't seem to dig them up anymore, the ones on LIFT are good but of the shoes only. they do have measurements though!

from my understanding the 788 and 988 have the same shaft height with the only difference been the heel. the 788Z has the double sole.

Comment

• brettwagg
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by ahn View Post
      I am thinking of getting the 788z style as my next Guidi, looking for a true workhorse ankle boot with a slightly elevated heel (but not as high as the 5006).

I cannot find any pictures online of a woman in the 788z option. Any SZ ladies have these? Or SZ guys with women in their lives who do? Since I cannot try these on in person I am taking a bit of a risk maybe.

Is the only difference the shaft height between the 788 and the 988? I can't seem to discern... in an ideal world I could furnish my whole shoe collection of just Guidi

Sorry for the questions!
      I have a pair of 788Z, I believe the major difference is there is a bit more structure on the top of the foot, which looks better than 988 in my opinion, and yes the heel is higher.

I can ask wildinthewoods to try to my pair on just for a photo, but she wears size 36-37 and mine are 46 so it might look totally absurd.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
        ahn centocose used to have some really good photos but I can't seem to dig them up anymore, the ones on LIFT are good but of the shoes only. they do have measurements though!

from my understanding the 788 and 988 have the same shaft height with the only difference been the heel. the 788Z has the double sole.
        If you dig through this thread you'll find the photos I took at the GUIDI factory, and dare I say, they are better...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          If you dig through this thread you'll find the photos I took at the GUIDI factory, and dare I say, they are better...
          I'm afraid the images are dead, still have them somewhere?

I remember the pictorial on the making of a pair of Guidi's in SZ Mag, one of my favourite articles from volume 1.

Comment

• wildinthewoods
            • Feb 2014

I am thinking of getting the 788z style as my next Guidi, looking for a true workhorse ankle boot with a slightly elevated heel (but not as high as the 5006).

I cannot find any pictures online of a woman in the 788z option. Any SZ ladies have these? Or SZ guys with women in their lives who do? Since I cannot try these on in person I am taking a bit of a risk maybe.

Is the only difference the shaft height between the 788 and the 988? I can't seem to discern... in an ideal world I could furnish my whole shoe collection of just Guidi

Sorry for the questions!
            try taking a look at the guidi_community account on ig. i remember seeing a couple of women wearing the 788z.

edit - i found one i think? - http://instagram.com/p/uNcpn8KmV7/

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
              I'm afraid the images are dead, still have them somewhere?

I remember the pictorial on the making of a pair of Guidi's in SZ Mag, one of my favourite articles from volume 1.
              Booo! I'll see if they are on my computer when I am back from Europe. Remind me if I forget.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahn
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by wildinthewoods View Post
                try taking a look at the guidi_community account on ig. i remember seeing a couple of women wearing the 788z.

edit - i found one i think? - http://instagram.com/p/uNcpn8KmV7/
                Of course! That is so clever, I should have thought of it... my boots are there too! Yes I think I'm going for the 788Z instead of the 796Z. I have some skirts that a lower shaft is more suitable, but all-in-all I think the slightly higher is more flattering. Ah a tough decision.
                some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• ahn
                  • Jul 2012

And of course I still want so many other styles from this brand... the classic 'ballet' slipper flat 625, a pair of the 4006 boots in a reverse leather... one day in my lucky future

Comment

• wildinthewoods
                    • Feb 2014

And of course I still want so many other styles from this brand... the classic 'ballet' slipper flat 625, a pair of the 4006 boots in a reverse leather... one day in my lucky future
                    same. i really want the 15006 in black horse and the pl2s in white. i will keep trolling the internet until i find them in my size one day.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• bukka
                        • Sep 2011

Are they open to public?
                        Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

No.

Rejoice, dji, I found the photos! :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahn
                            • Jul 2012

Yes well... this will do nothing to curb my aching desire to own more and more guidi. As well as the shoes I also dream of a big Guidi tote.

My problem is that every raw leather/unlined bag I've owned 'sheds' bits of suede on EVERYTHING inside the bag. Can anyone confirm how the Guidi bags react to this? It's the natural side-effect of 'things' rubbing against unlined leather I assume, unless the raw side is treated somehow?? I couldn't stand investing in such a purchase only to be driven crazy by this.

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

I can confirm guidi doesn't shred.

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

it does stain though.

Comment

Working...
                                X