Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jscl
    • Jan 2010

I think there are 2 heel heights, the 7's are the double sole, higher heel height is indicated by a z at the end.
    JUST THE HITS

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by gohn View Post
      It is just a logo on Excella. Few zipper makers have capacity to produce massive high class zippers.
      Confirmed this yesterday. Zippers are the same, just with GUDI logo.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pieke24
        • Apr 2011

Wow, really have to make a pair of shoes with croc soles. Oh yes, one pair coming up very soon :)
        James Kearns

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Confirmed this yesterday. Zippers are the same, just with GUDI logo.
          indeed, a nice touch though.

just wondering, does anyone get their guidi footwear polished/conditioned at all? noticed that the polish/finish of black full grain guidi leather gets knocked off by the slightest amount of moisture, not sure if I should tell the cobbler to refrain from polishing like I do with the rest of my footwear and just let nature take its course with these..

Comment

• nicelynice
            • Oct 2009

I never polish my guidis. I wipe them with a slightly damp rag after wearing them every couple times, then wipe them dry. Once or twice a season I'll give them a little bit of Saphir brand leather conditioner if they've been exposed to a lot of moisture, dryness, or otherwise harsh conditions (I wore a pair around India for three weeks, and Saphir brought them back to life).

For reverse leather worn in the rain or snow, you might want to use a light coat of a suede/nubuck waterproofing spray (like, the stuff you spray on Uggs). This really made a difference when I was wearing reverse leather joints in the snow every day. Be sure to wipe them dry when you return home. Just don't brush them like suede.

edit: here's the Guidis on their last day in India, holding up well. Lambskin ones from a couple seasons ago, 2007 maybe?

Last edited by nicelynice; 04-20-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• nictan
              • Jul 2009

^ is it up to individual pairs or do all guidis end up flat and pointy at the tip? sizing issues?

i sure hope mine doesnt end up like that. not to take anything away from your pair, nicelynice. just a genuine personal concern.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

Certain styles/orders come with hard toe caps/boxes, others do not...it should be one of the checklist items (alongside the more obvious ones...type of leather, colour, lined/unlined, etc...) you might want to ask about before making the purchase, especially if you're not seeing them in person.
                I always make sure mine comes with hard toe caps, but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

^ I just checked mine. There seems to be a harder 'something' where a toecap should be. Didnt notice that at first, i just thought it was harder due to it being new. Thats a relief. Thanks Y!

Comment

• nicelynice
                    • Oct 2009

Mine are a combination of a sizing issue (sized up so I could fit insoles in there, fit perfectly but a bit long in the toe) and the fact that they're lambskin, really soft leather throughout.

They do have serious creases throughout the toe (well, the whole shoe), but nowhere near as flat as they look in that pic, either.

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Yea, they still look nice though.

But personally, the reason why i bought my guidis is down to the fact that they have a more roundish/bulbous toe shape. So i was worried for a moment there that they would flatten out.

Comment

• jscl
                        • Jan 2010

are anyone else's guidi's so narrow that their foot has pushed out on the sides, stretching the leather past the edge of the sole? maybe i didn't size up enough or have a fat foot... just 1.5 up...
                        JUST THE HITS

Comment

• seatbelts
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jscl View Post
                          are anyone else's guidi's so narrow that their foot has pushed out on the sides, stretching the leather past the edge of the sole? maybe i didn't size up enough or have a fat foot... just 1.5 up...
                          Not really, it might just be how you walk. Is the stretching typically on the inside of the shoe? If you watch how people walk, typically the sole hits at an angle that causes the material to push inward.
                          julius leather jacket size 2
                          http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217

Comment

• lost53
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jscl View Post
                            Which leather are they? Also can you post an image please?

Comment

• lost53
                              • Dec 2010

Just looking back through the thread... chaps I would love to see some Guidis with a little history. Boots and shoes that have been around the block!

Look forward to the images!

Comment

• bonejelly
                                • Jul 2008

^^ agreed. i fell down some concrete steps, slightly ripping the first layer of leather on my 995s. the things really do look great beat to shit. will try and snap some pics next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎