Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notwithit
    • Sep 2011

Apologies if this has been covered - I searched the thread, but to no avail - does anyone know where Guidi sources their (non-zipper) hardware? I was hoping to pick up a couple of d-rings or o-rings to use as a keeper on a Q10 bag, and I was hoping to match the existing hardware as closely as possible. I've looked around at a handful of places that sell bag supplies, but all the d-rings and o-rings they offer in a non-brass color are rather shiny and would look out of place.

Comment

• SeptSeptSept
      • Aug 2010

that's a damn nice packaging... ! congrats on this collaboration

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thanks! We sold five out of ten in the first day.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deaddisco
          • Jun 2016

Hi Guys

Am thinking of getting a PL1 custom. Does anyone know if we are able to custom the width of the shaft? I have muscular legs and calves ( legs on the shorter side unfortunately) and prefer the boot not to be too tight around the shaft.

Looking at all the guidi boots I assume the pl1 would work well for someone with thicker legs, seeing how the zip is on the front and i could probably not zip it up all the way but would be nice if i could depending on the pants i wear.

Does anyone know the measurement from bottom of heel to top of shaft? Just so i can figure out where the boot will come up to on my leg.

Can i also get a recommendation as to what leather i should get . I prefer a softer leather as i'm hoping for the leather to stretch and have a little give .

Thanks for any advise.

Comment

• narziss
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by notwithit View Post
            Apologies if this has been covered - I searched the thread, but to no avail - does anyone know where Guidi sources their (non-zipper) hardware? I was hoping to pick up a couple of d-rings or o-rings to use as a keeper on a Q10 bag, and I was hoping to match the existing hardware as closely as possible. I've looked around at a handful of places that sell bag supplies, but all the d-rings and o-rings they offer in a non-brass color are rather shiny and would look out of place.
            the somewhat dulled and distressed look comes from their post assemblage treatments. they're just as shiny as the store-bought ones to begin with. the plating on this kind of hardware is usually nickel, so what you can do to is buy new, shiny d-rings, put them in a plastic container, soak some rags in household vinegar and also put them in the container. close the lid and wait a few days. repeat if necessary.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
              • Sep 2008

This looks very interesting:

Anyone who went/still going to the showroom?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

They've been doing these jackets in collaboration with Layer-0 for years.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Gilbert
                  • Jan 2011

Hi,

I’ve just read something particularly weird, strange and questioning…

It is about the latest GUIDI contest entitled « ART FOR ART’S SAKE » which invites artists to submit their works (Sculpture, painting, photography, performance, video, sound… etc. etc.)
                  for an Art exhibition which will take place next April in Berlin.

The questioning « thing » here, is that concerning their « Participation agreement » , that every artists have to sign first before participating the contest, the ART.1 stipulate that "by signing this regulation, each participant recognizes and acknowledges that all industrial and intellectual property rights belongs to GUIDI that becomes the proprietor, in relation to the work and its related material, of all rights to economic use, including rights of publication, reproduction, distribution, communication, in whatever form or method, by any means, without limits of space or time. (…) The GUIDI company will also have the right to register your project and use it for commercial purposes in any form or manner whatsoever. The transfer of the rights mentioned above is made free of charge and it remains understood that participants shall not be entitled to any compensation or remuneration for any use or commercial exploitation of the work that may be put in place. etc.etc. »

So… either I misunderstand OR it is PURE exploitation and slavery!!
                  If someone has some enlightenments to make I will be vey happy to hear him or her.

Here are the links:
                  To the Participation Agreement: http://www.guidi.it/contest/pdf/enco...orartssake.pdf
                  To the contest intro: http://www.guidi.it/contest/contest.php

Comment

• ahn
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    Hi,

It is about the latest GUIDI contest entitled « ART FOR ART’S SAKE » which invites artists to submit their works (Sculpture, painting, photography, performance, video, sound… etc. etc.)

If someone has some enlightenments to make I will be vey happy to hear him or her.
                    To be honest this sounds like the same old terms and conditions we agree to when submitting content to many platforms, like Instagram, Facebook, etc. It's a pretty standard clause I think. I don't agree with it, I absolutely think it's shady as fuck, but I don't think it's unusual or uncommon.
                    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• oulipien
                      • Feb 2016

Maybe asking the artists to relinquish all economic rights is a cheeky way of underlining ars gratia artis.

(No, I do not believe this is really the motivation. I do wonder how often it's the case with competitions of this nature, or of this is unusual in that regard.)

Comment

• Ahimsa
                        Vegan Police
                        • Sep 2011

This is common practice when submitting art/film etc. for competitions. It's just the one piece, not like a record label where they basically own your entirety in this regard.
                        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• zen dog
                          • Jan 2014

I hate to apply the words "commercial art" to this situation because some people may think that means selling out or altering one's vision to make the sale. You may tailor your piece to make it more appealing to the judges (I'm hoping they can dismiss blatant ass-kissing) or submit a piece that stands purely on its own merits. I would think, given Guidi's respect in these forums, one would be honored to have their work purchased and integrated into any future Guidi campaigns.

Comment

• naveee
                            • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                            Hi,

The questioning « thing » here, is that concerning their « Participation agreement » , that every artists have to sign first before participating the contest, the ART.1 stipulate that "by signing this regulation, each participant recognizes and acknowledges that all industrial and intellectual property rights belongs to GUIDI that becomes the proprietor, in relation to the work and its related material, of all rights to economic use, including rights of publication, reproduction, distribution, communication, in whatever form or method, by any means, without limits of space or time. (…) The GUIDI company will also have the right to register your project and use it for commercial purposes in any form or manner whatsoever. The transfer of the rights mentioned above is made free of charge and it remains understood that participants shall not be entitled to any compensation or remuneration for any use or commercial exploitation of the work that may be put in place. etc.etc. »

Here are the links:
                            To the Participation Agreement: http://www.guidi.it/contest/pdf/enco...orartssake.pdf
                            To the contest intro: http://www.guidi.it/contest/contest.php

Yup, this is why I'm not sending work in to the contest. A huge disappointment.

Comment

• Gilbert
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by naveee View Post
                              Yup, this is why I'm not sending work in to the contest. A huge disappointment.
                              Glad to know that I'm not the only one knowing how to read... it is the first time that I see "attitudes" of competitions as exploiting and disparaging for the artist. I won't participate either, I'm more than disappointed about Guidi, I think it reveals a whole state of mind.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Hi guys. I spoke with GUIDI about this, and they said it was a mistake in the contract that they had no time to address. Basically, all they need are reproduction rights for a year, in case they want to take the exhibition on the road after presenting it in Berlin.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎