• a bag of it
    • Jan 2014

I don't know what I want anymore :/

Comment

• e0d9n0b5
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Who's Viberg?
      i know this is an old post, but viberg is a boot company out of victoria, bc, canada, since 1931. they made work boots by hand for decades and decades, but since mid 2000s they've become more popular with the fashion side of clothing distribution, and have produced a number of collaborations with various companies. having handled/sold(when i still worked in retail) many of the models they produce, i can say they're definitely some of the best quality boots available, which is understandable since they primarily produced boots for logging for the first 70-80 years they were around. to illustrate, in order to break them in it is advised you fill them up with hot water for a period of time, then wear them as tightly laced as possible while they're drying.

Comment

• ahn
        • Jul 2012

Does anyone know how much the cuts of the boots vary each season?
        I tried a pair of the 3010's on at LIFT in Japan in 2012 which fit my calves to perfection (very hard for me, most boots are too wide).

I'm still lusting after them and considering buying a pair online, but in the pictures the shaft looks very wide at the calf. I'm worried they'll be too big.

Is it likely that the cut would have changed over the last two years or could it just be the angle of the photo/flatness of the shaft without a leg inside?

The 3010's aren't really widely available. I originally tried on the normal leather style, but can only find a dark grey option or a black reverse option in my size online. Struggling to decide which option is best.

Would the dark grey be hard to DIY dye down to black? Or is the reverse black a better option in terms of wear-and-tear? Financially the reverse black are a better deal...
        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I think you should email them. I doubt the cut has changed, but I wouldn't want you to rely on my guess. I would not recommend trying to dye leather yourself.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahn
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            I think you should email them. I doubt the cut has changed, but I wouldn't want you to rely on my guess. I would not recommend trying to dye leather yourself.
            Thank you, I will definitely ask them directly.

Editing this to add that they got back to me very quickly and kindly explained the the shafts come in normal width and small/slim width, of which I personally require small.

But that information may be helpful to someone in the future so I've included it here.

Editing this again to thank Holger for being so patient with me whilst I asked a million questions before ordering my dream 3010's and agreeing to custom order a pair for me to my specifications.

Now to wait til September to get them!
            Last edited by ahn; 05-17-2014, 07:22 PM.
            some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Lift 2014 Guidi arrivals Video
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• lazyguru
                • Jun 2008

I did not care for it at first but quite like the Guidi Rosellini asthetic and welcome the change! The only issue I have is with that vachetta going from tan to mucky brown , wish there was way to keep it the way it is.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                  • Apr 2009

Any recommendation for leather conditioner for a pair of horse backzips?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Lucky Strike View Post
                    Any recommendation for leather conditioner for a pair of horse backzips?
                    Any good leather conditioner. Lexol, Bick 4... avoid stuff with silicone or alcohol. I'm assuming you aren't referring to the reverse horse?

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                      Any good leather conditioner. Lexol, Bick 4... avoid stuff with silicone or alcohol. I'm assuming you aren't referring to the reverse horse?
                      Thanks!

No, its full grain regular horse :)

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                        • Apr 2009

Putting in a custom order for a pair of 789z donkeys. I have a pair 988 in stag and 788z in horse and noticed the shaft was slimmer with the horse 788z. It should be due to the leather as I tried 988 in horse which was slimmer than stag. Donkey is in between stag I guess. Anybody have experience with tall backzips? Should I get 789sz? Cheers

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                          • Jul 2010

Putting in a custom order for a pair of 789z donkeys. I have a pair 988 in stag and 788z in horse and noticed the shaft was slimmer with the horse 788z. It should be due to the leather as I tried 988 in horse which was slimmer than stag. Donkey is in between stag I guess. Anybody have experience with tall backzips? Should I get 789sz? Cheers
                          Don't have any tall Guidi back zips but I have 788z in donkey and imo that is the best leather for plain Guidi boots - it ages so well!..

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
                            Don't have any tall Guidi back zips but I have 788z in donkey and imo that is the best leather for plain Guidi boots - it ages so well!..
                            Yeah I never handled donkey but heard great things about them. Normally I wouldn't order guidis without trying, but figure 44 should be fine as donkey seems more similar to horse than stag. For me the softer and thinner leathers seem to fit to loose in size 44 (while being a pain for the toes in size 43).
                            Might as well get a pair of 991 while Im at it. Anyone know a place that stock the 991 preferable in horse, cordovan or donkey?

Comment

• Lois Grüveltner
                              • Jul 2010

Yeah I never handled donkey but heard great things about them. Normally I wouldn't order guidis without trying, but figure 44 should be fine as donkey seems more similar to horse than stag. For me the softer and thinner leathers seem to fit to loose in size 44 (while being a pain for the toes in size 43).
                              Might as well get a pair of 991 while Im at it. Anyone know a place that stock the 991 preferable in horse, cordovan or donkey?
                              Well, when it comes to Guidi sizes, people usually tell you to size up 2-3 times, but that is not necessary since the boots eventually will stretch out, like all handmade quality leather does.. - One size is enough! - Which is why I got a pair of 788Z custom made in size 42,5 (I'm 41,5).

I got mine from Holger - hide-m - and he can get you every Guidi model (and leather?) you want and his a very cool guy too - so contact him if you want the 991..

My next pair will be the red reversed 788Z from aw12 and PL2 in black or white.

Comment

• Lucky Strike
                                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
                                Well, when it comes to Guidi sizes, people usually tell you to size up 2-3 times, but that is not necessary since the boots eventually will stretch out,
                                Yeah I cant speak for other people and I beliefe I have somewhat narrow feet but 1 size is more than enough for me so far (and even too wide in some leathers) Im a 43 normally.

I get my guidis from W19 locally in sweden. I can just add the ones I want to their order but would be nice not having to wait for a custom order :)

Btw...Ive looked through this thread more than once...but I cant remember if I saw an answer to why one model is called 988 and the other is called 788z when the z stands for double sole and higher heel? My 988 stag and 788z horse feel like they have a slightly different shape but this could possibly be due to the leather. Is there a 988z and would it differ from 788z? Perhaps someone can enlighten me :)

My horse 788z in 1006t...don't know exactly when it was first introduced. SS13?

Although lightning is a little bit off...Id say they have more black in them than the pics. Less glowing red.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎