Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gilbert
    • Jan 2011

So they ask artists to sign a contract with a "mistake" in it just because they had no time to rectify it?...
    This is just illegal.

To sign a contract which is not rectified means that you agreed the terms and conditions mentioned in this contract... which is really not professional.

But I think that this contest is maybe reserved for beginners or students? Any professional artists would never sign that kind of contract.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

What can I say - I'm just a messenger. If you really think GUIDI has some nefarious plan to exploit your art, don't participate. I highly doubt it, though.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

They should pay the 5 winners for using their work after the exhibition. Also the contract is shady. Don't fall for it beginning artists, take it from someone who made the mistake to submit work for free out of desperation in the past.

By signing this Regulation, each participant recognises and acknowledges that all
        industrial and intellectual property rights on the projects designed by them will
        belong exclusively to Guidi 1896 Srl.

and then ARTWORKS MAY HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY EXHIBITED

lol what?
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

I work with an organization who runs a yearly filmmaking kind of contest/program that has similar clauses, they take all the footage, etc.

edit oh but they still let the participants keep their own copy of footage and films though.

Comment

• Gilbert
            • Jan 2011

Of course I absolutely won't participate to this trap, and let me tell you that I'm not the only one to think that... All this is both regrettable and reveals a state of mind...
            Even the title "Art for Art's Sake" is it a joke?!
            And I don't know for you, as a member of the Jury, and if you have a code of ethic how can you support this?

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

For those of you in Berlin this weekend.
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• LilL.FASH
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                Even the title "Art for Art's Sake" is it a joke?!
                Gilbert, perhaps a brief study of Wilde may help.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I wrote an epic, 3333-word article on GUIDI's manufacturing process, from nuts to bolts, for the current issue of Highsnobiety magazine. Pick it up, you won't regret it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkart
                    • Jun 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a simple question about 988. I am planning to order a pair of 988 between the woven version, 988MS WO or the normal 988. I have never seen anyone wearing the woven version in real, wondering how the woven version ages. Will there be wrinkles just like the normal 988? And also, I wonder if they fit the same or bigger than normal guidi small sizing.

Hope to hear from all you experts.
                    Thank you all.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I wrote an epic, 3333-word article on GUIDI's manufacturing process, from nuts to bolts, for the current issue of Highsnobiety magazine. Pick it up, you won't regret it.
                      Very interesting article, nice to find out about the production – makes me want a pair even more.
                      Sad to see Highsnob’s Art Direction department screwed up the background color, it’s quite hard to read.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                        Very interesting article, nice to find out about the production – makes me want a pair even more.
                        Sad to see Highsnob’s Art Direction department screwed up the background color, it’s quite hard to read.
                        Yeah, I don't know why it's dark on dark...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
                          • Dec 2008

I just wanted to share the most amazing customer experience I had with Guidi.
                          The zipper of my bag broke and I asked Guidi if they could repair it. Guidi customer service offered me that they would repair without charging any fees and even arranged a pickup service with UPS for me. Also asked if they would be able to re-dye my bag and this could be done for a very small fee. During the dyeing process the bag was unfortunately destroyed and Guidi offered me a completely new bag in the color I requested. In the end I got a brand new bag without any fees for anything and with communication during the whole process they responded very prompt and super friendly.

I have never experienced any sort of customer service on this level and I am truly amazed by their friendly service. I already had great experiences with CCP, but Guidi now takes the crown for their service. More companies should follow this level of customer service and the world would be a much better place.
                          Grailed link

Comment

• an_individual
                            • Jun 2018

I have an old pair of Guidi derbies, like 992 but with a square/chisel toe. Are they still 992 or do they have a separate model number?

Comment

• Cheburashka
                              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by unwashed View Post
                              I just wanted to share the most amazing customer experience I had with Guidi.
                              The zipper of my bag broke and I asked Guidi if they could repair it. Guidi customer service offered me that they would repair without charging any fees and even arranged a pickup service with UPS for me. Also asked if they would be able to re-dye my bag and this could be done for a very small fee. During the dyeing process the bag was unfortunately destroyed and Guidi offered me a completely new bag in the color I requested. In the end I got a brand new bag without any fees for anything and with communication during the whole process they responded very prompt and super friendly.

I have never experienced any sort of customer service on this level and I am truly amazed by their friendly service. I already had great experiences with CCP, but Guidi now takes the crown for their service. More companies should follow this level of customer service and the world would be a much better place.
                              I have only had terrible experience with them. Maybe it is known.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎