Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dolochov
    • Aug 2009

damn, all this publicity for the backzips just squashed my hopes of finding a reasonably priced pair on the second market

In how many different heel-heights have the classic backzips been produced? Only two?

Comment

• DRRRK
      • Aug 2009

As far as I know only two. But why only? You can choose between different leathers, colours, heights of the whole boot, heights of the heel, sidezips and backzips.
      Last edited by DRRRK; 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM. Reason: wrong vocabulary

Comment

• KM80
        • Mar 2008

I didn't try on first, normally 42 and 43 fits perfect.

Originally posted by hommedeguerre View Post
        Is the overall shape of these different from the Donkey backzips? These look AMAZING, btw!
        Thanks, they're similar shape, I was trying to hold out for back zips but these were so nice and a great deal.

Comment

• hommedeguerre
          • Jun 2009

They are BEAUTIFUL!
          Le 21ème

Comment

• pierce
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

AM1 in berlin have an online shop now, going to check out a few pairs soon.

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

nice thanks for the heads up

Considered one of Germany's most renowned retailers, Andreas Murkudis runs three expertly curated stores on Potsdamer Strasse in Berlin - Store 81, Store 77 and Store 98.
              WTB: This

Comment

• Ivans On High
                Banned
                • Oct 2008

Some of those shoes are incredible, not just the boots. I like the website too, but it is hard to discern some of the colours without an enlarged picture.

Comment

• pierce
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Really like the grey back zips in calf. I'm thinking of making the jump from black to some grey and those look like a nice place to start :)

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Just my two cents on the sizing conversation. It also has a lot to do with the type of leather. I just purchased an incredibly soft pair of sheepskin side-zips. They're very tight, but will likely stretch a size or two. The more stiff leathers obviously won't give as much.
                    Guidi's are notoriously narrow. Which will grow. However, if they're too short in the length, it's probably not going to be a good fit.

Comment

• maldoror
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                      nice thanks for the heads up

http://shop.andreasmurkudis.net
                      sassiest mannequins

Comment

• todestrieb
                        • Mar 2009

If you are able to source the backzips in horse leather from a season (or two?) back, get them. They have a slimmer silhouette - if slim is your thing - than a number of backzips currently on release. The silhouette is comparable to the sheepskin sidezips pictured up above but maybe a touch more elegant. Not as chunky looking as the donkeys @ Atelier.

Plus, nothing moulds better to your feet than horse leather - donkeys come close - and they don't stretch out crazy like some of the other leathers (eg. sheepskin). I've also found that the thick sensuous horizontal folds or wrinkles that form around the upper vamp, which is a common and desirable attribute of guidi boots after frequent wear, come out the best and most well-formed with horse leather - if indeed you desire that sort of thing.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                          • Mar 2007

That's good and useful info....thanks Todestrieb!

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

i completely agree todestrieb! Horse is the best <3
                            WTB: This

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Re: those pesky Guidi shafts

[QUOTE=Faust;197862]I would like for peeps to file more reports on the back zips here. What leather, height, you have, how has been the experience wearing them etc. Tried on a pair of donkeys today (had to size up 2 sizes), and they did not feel comfortable, but I was told that the donkeys will stretch in time and than they will be comfortable donkeys. I liked the look, but the shaft was too narrow to tuck my slimmest pants in. Is cropped pants the only option?

An option you may want to try is folding down some of that top portion of the boot, so that your pants have a place to hit instead of tuck into. Any narrow trouser or jean will work. Scrunch up the bottoms of your pant legs so they stack on top of the boot, basically.

Like so~

sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I like the way that looks, but I also think it requires the slightly taller boot as well as pretty shrinkwrapped trousers to look right.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎