Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDI

spike lee is one lonely ass of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by laughed View Post
    spike lee is one lonely ass of a man.
    , Great observation!

the leather of my baby calf tall backzips is incredibly potent smelling, I've worn them a few times and pack them in soft paper when not been worn to try and lessen the smell a bit. it's not an unpleasant smell but I don't want my entire wardrobe to smell like them, is there anything else I can do to diminish the odour other than just wearing them as often as possible?

^ that sounds like a good thing dji. wear them often or leave them for a few hours in the sun to lessen the smell.

Spike Lee is a "lonely ass of a man" because he isn't standing next to anybody in some picture? Yea that's an excellent observation, well done mate.
    Suede is too Gucci.

take a joke, spike lee

i dont care what you say about spike lee or anyone else for that matter but the joke wasnt funny at all

i hate unfunny jokes
    Suede is too Gucci.

unfunny jokes are my favorite type of joke

Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post
    cheers, look at the envy in Spike's eyes. "no camera's on me?" what, do i have to fatten up more?

Default That joke isn't funny anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by the breaks View Post
    i dont care what you say about spike lee or anyone else for that matter but the joke wasnt funny at all i hate unfunny jokes
    Quote Originally Posted by snafu View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIyXJxPFVz4

sain't

for those who have purchases from PNP, how quick do they respond? haven't gotten any replies to my email from a few days back.

I've had same experience.. I wrote them two weeks ago about purchasing two pairs, but have yet to hear from them...

Guess they don't want to make money, huh

Before money went to shit I enquired about the baby calf side zips and got a response the next day. However in the past I have had no response. I would send them another email. That way it will seem like you mean business.

It can be hit or miss in my experience. Once you get ahold of Marco he's pretty good about responding. Sometimes several days go by with no response. But keep sending inquiries and he will get back to you. And he ships quickly once the transaction is set up. I got the MOD.995 laceups in grey that are beautiful about 10 days ago. FYi -- the colors on the website don't reflect grey very well. The boots look beige on the website, but are described as dark grey, and in reality are a beautiful charcoal dark grey.

Quote Originally Posted by stretcheroo View Post
    It can be hit or miss in my experience. Once you get ahold of Marco he's pretty good about responding. Sometimes several days go by with no response. But keep sending inquiries and he will get back to you. And he ships quickly once the transaction is set up. I got the MOD.995 laceups in grey that are beautiful about 10 days ago. FYi -- the colors on the website don't reflect grey very well. The boots look beige on the website, but are described as dark grey, and in reality are a beautiful charcoal dark grey.
    That's some serious buyer/seller roll reversal.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

out of curiosity, what's the general consensus/preference between back/sidezips?

i've finally got in touch with Marco, but he's only left with the tall baby calf sidezips in my size (backzips in both heights are sold out). almost pulled the trigger, but i'm thinking twice after seeing Venus In Fur's photos of the donkey backzips from Atelier.

I prefer the look of backzips over sidezips, the fact that backzips are sold out is sort of an indication of which is generally more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by xeraphim View Post
    out of curiosity, what's the general consensus/preference between back/sidezips?

i've finally got in touch with Marco, but he's only left with the tall baby calf sidezips in my size (backzips in both heights are sold out). almost pulled the trigger, but i'm thinking twice after seeing Venus In Fur's photos of the donkey backzips from Atelier.
    Am for the backzips. My view is this....the most beautiful part of Guidi boots (non laced) is the 'creasing' of the leather around the ankle portion as it moulds to your feet and ankle, and the zips being on the side spoils that look...breaks the beauty. Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
    Am for the backzips. My view is this....the most beautiful part of Guidi boots (non laced) is the 'creasing' of the leather around the ankle portion as it moulds to your feet and ankle, and the zips being on the side spoils that look...breaks the beauty. Imo.
    this was my main concern as well, the placement of the zip at the side affecting the entire "look"... looks like i'll hold out a bit longer for backzips then.

on a sidenote, would it be feasible to get just one size up on the backzips if i have fairly narrow feet, or go with the usual two?

how to check the materials?