Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • todestrieb
    • Mar 2009

^ Yes, you'd require the taller boots or ones with a higher than average shaft to achieve that. Tight or curved seam or J-shaped trousers/jeans will further add to and enhance the seamless stacking wrinkled look. Having physically slim calves is quite possibly a requisite as well.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote=interest1;199514]
      Originally posted by Faust View Post
      I would like for peeps to file more reports on the back zips here. What leather, height, you have, how has been the experience wearing them etc. Tried on a pair of donkeys today (had to size up 2 sizes), and they did not feel comfortable, but I was told that the donkeys will stretch in time and than they will be comfortable donkeys. I liked the look, but the shaft was too narrow to tuck my slimmest pants in. Is cropped pants the only option?

An option you may want to try is folding down some of that top portion of the boot, so that your pants have a place to hit instead of tuck into. Any narrow trouser or jean will work. Scrunch up the bottoms of your pant legs so they stack on top of the boot, basically.

Like so~

Thank you for the suggestion, but that doesn't work on me. I guess I will make my decision when I get to Paris.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
        • Oct 2009

Bought my first pair of Mid-length reverse calf back zips last week and
        just wanted to add my experience with Guidi fit. My first thought before trying them on was that they would never fit my WIDE feet. The store I was at only had one pair in a 43 1/2,(all my other shoes are a 42). When I put them on they were tight but not crazy tight. Instantly, I knew they would be perfect. Now I think a 43 might have been fine but who knows, only the 43 1/2 in stock, not a big deal.

As for the shaft, I find mine not that tight at all. Can easily zip and tuck a pair of pants into them (and I don`t have chicken legs), be it lighter weight pants or heavier wool pants on these cold days. For myself, I find CCP boots especially the tornado boots much smaller in this area. It is a real struggle for me to get them zipped let alone tuck pants into them!

I`m in the same club as Acid, Bitter & Sad, you really need to try a pair on before you buy them. Regardless, this thread helped me a lot and I hope I can add to that!

Comment

• RC,
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
          I didn't try on first, normally 42 and 43 fits perfect.

Thanks, they're similar shape, I was trying to hold out for back zips but these were so nice and a great deal.

I also just bought these and i think they fit true(ish) to size. I normally wear a 42 and I bought a 42.... i found them tight for the first couple of wears but now they are perfect. I always assumed guidi were meant to fit like a leather sock and they stretch out to size.

I probably could of bought the 42.5 but imo it would take a pretty wide foot to jump 2 full sizes up.

agreed they should be tried before purchased.

Comment

• stretcheroo
            • Nov 2009

Has anyone exchanged email with marco at pnp recently? I traded some email with him in December, but my last several emails have gone unanswered.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
              Has anyone exchanged email with marco at pnp recently? I traded some email with him in December, but my last several emails have gone unanswered.
              Going to see him in half hour. What did you want?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
                • Nov 2009

MOD 995 laceups in Gray in size 44. I take it you are in Florence?
                BTW, I received an email back from him this morning that said the boots are available.

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

Hi Faust,

could you check if FW09 Forme d"expression is on sale instore? It is still regular priced online.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

^IIRC, there is new Forme d' on the site, and the F/W stuff was on sale online as recently as a week ago.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

^Thanks, I missed it then. It didn't show up in the sales section when I checked.

Comment

• delirium
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by merz
                        FYI, purchasing guidis in many places carrying the line comes with the option of custom order. custom order can accommodate any particular shaft height you may need. as well as any other design feature, treatment, style..etc..

its quite possible to create your ultimate guidi boot at retail price. another option of wearing them is leaving the very top portion of the shaft slightly unzipped, creating a wider opening in the back.
                        Do you have any more insight into the customization process? Can I select any model from previous seasons? What kind of treatment, features are possible? Also, does guidi offer the bull and donkey leathers in different colors or only black / brown?

When I was talking to the SA at Maxfield's he said that it wasn't really a full MTM order like what you're saying but rather, one can custom order the current season models in different leathers and sizes.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                          Hi Faust,

could you check if FW09 Forme d"expression is on sale instore? It is still regular priced online.
                          Everything is regular price.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                            MOD 995 laceups in Gray in size 44. I take it you are in Florence?
                            BTW, I received an email back from him this morning that said the boots are available.
                            Ok, cool.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
                              • Nov 2009

^Did you pick up anything cool from PNP?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

No, saving money for Paris.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎