Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

i would get the 44 kuugaia. i think the consensus for guidi is up one for zipper boots (back or side) and up 2 for lace ups unless it is a super stretchy leather. this has held true for me (with one exception on a lace up). i am a 44 and my 45 zipper boots are perfect.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

Alright cool, practically everybody is saying size up so I'll give that a shot. I got wide feet and put in orthotics anyway so hopefully all ends well. Cheers guys, appreciate it.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I sized up 1 size for guidi side zips, and they were still 0.5 - 1 size too small, even though the sole measurement was the same as on many of my other shoes. this was due to the slightly lower toebox, which rubbed enough to make them uncomfortable.
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kompressorkev
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
          I sized up 1 size for guidi side zips, and they were still 0.5 - 1 size too small, even though the sole measurement was the same as on many of my other shoes. this was due to the slightly lower toebox, which rubbed enough to make them uncomfortable.
          i had a similar experience, i'm a 43-44 and i had to size up to a 45 because of the low toebox (calf sidezips from a few seasons ago i think). i have wide feet and i know they stretch, but 44 was too difficult.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

I ended up ordering a 45. Sorted out some problems and turns out the outsole measurement was done on the cordovan boots instead of the donkey. Lol. So that's why there was some problems and miscalculations. But yes, my normal outsole measurement for 43 shoes is 30cm and these Guidi 45 will be a 30.5cm outsole.

Will post again on here when they arrive and see if all goes well. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• baizilla
              • Sep 2006

I have the donkey backzips from A, and I only size up one size. They fit me perfectly.

Good luck with the boots, kuugaia

Comment

• cuddly
                • Sep 2007

so it seems that the donkey leather is the only type of leather than needs to size up two? i thought the cordovan(horse leather) is in the same thickness as donkey.

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                I ended up ordering a 45. Sorted out some problems and turns out the outsole measurement was done on the cordovan boots instead of the donkey. Lol. So that's why there was some problems and miscalculations. But yes, my normal outsole measurement for 43 shoes is 30cm and these Guidi 45 will be a 30.5cm outsole.

Will post again on here when they arrive and see if all goes well. Thanks again guys.

Comment

• Nikov
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
                  I have the donkey backzips from A, and I only size up one size. They fit me perfectly.

Good luck with the boots, kuugaia
                  this has been my experience as well.

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

I actually tried on both horse (cordovan) and donkey, and I still had to go up one size in both.
                    Originally posted by DRRRK
                    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• comex9
                      • Jan 2009

size up one and call it a day

Comment

• xeraphim
                        • Nov 2008

what's the preference between horse and donkey? about to place a special order and i'm deciding between the two.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                          • Nov 2009

i'm wondering the same thing - especially regarding the difference between soft horse, regular horse and donkey

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

^ Those questions are already answered in previous threads, can try and search for 'original more educated' answers if you'd like. But my reading is that horse is the most tough and durable leather and that donkey is below the horse in that regard. 'Soft horse' and 'regular horse'...sounds self explanatory to me? Also if you're custom ordering, the people you're ordering with will probably be very knowledgeable about it

Just a continuation with the sizing issue. I believe faust, dji, lowrey, kompressorkev...pretty much anybody who said size up 2 is on the buzzer. I surprisingly found a 45 guidi boot today (different design) to try on and it was a perfect fit, not too tight or loose. So that ends that. Will post when mine arrives.
                            Last edited by kuugaia; 03-17-2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

• coccodrillo
                              • Nov 2009

Kuugaia -have done a search the soft horse apparently hasn't been done in boots yet - coming this fall/winter - but has been done in the bags; so I was hoping that someone familiar with the material would offer their input.

Comment

• Castor
                                • Nov 2009

Unless they are side by side, I couldn't tell the difference between Horse and Donkey. Very similar IMHO.
                                Originally posted by DRRRK
                                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎