Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: GUIDI

i think the hiking boots could grow on me

Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    That is good information to have, thank you. But do you think that is the case with all the skins? Including horse?
    never tried horse but:
    i have lace-up boots in donkey leather from a few seasons back. they were absurdly tight for a few days but rather quickly molded around my foot like a glove. i also have the tall back-zip boots in calf leather, which feels tougher and more substantial and thus didn't give as much as the donkey. i wear true to size (42) in both, though the donkey was a bit of a squeeze at first.

i have also tried goat leather in a short back-zip version and that was quite supple and fit like really haute socks, or i suppose driving shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by winQ View Post
    actually like those hiking boots
    me too.

hey cj,

i have the same experience as hanajibu. my donkey back zips and sheepskin side zips are the most comfortable boots i own. they conform to the shape of your foot after just a few days of wear. however my calf lace-ups are much more stiff. i can't seem to get them to loosen up no matter what i try :( btw, as discussed in a previous thread the heels wear quickly. i recommend that the heels on any guidi boots be covered with rubber soles.

josh

thanks for the input guys. i wonder if horse will wear more like donkey or calf? my guess is donkey but i've no experience with horse leather to base that on.

anyone with horse guidis care to chime in?
    Last edited by cjbreed; 04-25-2009 at 12:28 PM.

I'm redacting what I said about consistency.. seems like several people can wear true to size, but some pairs seem to quite clearly fit a couple of sizes small.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

I have a 47 in the horse ankle boot and it fits me like every other 45 I've ever owned from other designers. Sizing fail.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Ugh. Wtb sz. 50 backzips.
    Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mike lowrey View Post
    I'm redacting what I said about consistency.. seems like several people can wear true to size, but some pairs seem to quite clearly fit a couple of sizes small.
    My slight experience is that the zip up boots fit one size small and that's not always cause of the narrowness.
    I got a pair of reversed pig leather back zips which i got from A and they adviced me to size up.
    I'm normally a perfect 43 but in these i got a 44 and they fit great.
    After a week of squeezing they molded to my feet.
    Also got a pair of lace ups (from 05 or 06 i think) in 43 and they are almost to small. Online purchasing sometimes backfires....

Default Sizing

I was at Maxfields a couple of weeks ago, and tried on a pair of horse leather black lowcut derby's in Guidi 45 in black that fit perfectly (thank goodness cause someone bought the 46's).

I then tried on the exact same show in white in 45, and I barely got my foot in the shoe.. The sizing is always random in many cases. I usually buy 46 all the way around and have been safe as a size US 11, but I often find myself fitting into 45's a lot of the time, but when I order online I always have to buy 46 to be safe.

Guidi's are the best...
    "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

I dig the hiking boots. But then again, I'm have an affinity for Guidi stuff. And yes, I'm posting so I can meet my quota to put stuff in the Classifieds

i followed up at A and tried on some dark grey low lace ups guidis in 45. all the other 45 were sold out. i worn them around the store for quite some time. they fit but i do feel like the insole is still too narrow. once in a while this will happen with another shoe, but its the most pronounced with guidi...they are quite nice on the whole though.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

What up fellas? I'm kinda always lurking around. Going to A today for a little retail therapy. Anyone close should come by and hang.

Quote Originally Posted by philip nod View Post
    i followed up at A and tried on some dark grey low lace ups guidis in 45. all the other 45 were sold out. i worn them around the store for quite some time. they fit but i do feel like the insole is still too narrow. once in a while this will happen with another shoe, but its the most pronounced with guidi...they are quite nice on the whole though.
    I had some issues when first wearing my zip ups.
    The "backwards tilt" of the shaft was painful (top of foot) for like 5 days, and the back zipper made my heel hurt as well.
    I just kept on thinking Poell Pain... It's all good... Poell Pain is good for body&soul... and then The Pain magically disappeared.
    Now they work like a dream.
    I just saw the grey donkey back zips at motelsalieri for like €850.
    Very, very tempting.

Dig the guidi side-zips @ A. yeppa

well here is what i'm really trying to figure out:

its impossible for me to try these on as there is no retailer anywhere near me. i'm thinking of buying some guidi's in horse reverse with an insole that measures about 28.5cm in length. my foot measures about 28cm in length with no sock. is this how i should want a boot like this to fit? right up on my toe like that, so that it can stretch and mold to that second skin feel? i would generally never cut it that close with most traditional shoes/sneaks, etc. sorry to ask such a noob question in here and de-rail the thread...

They are not going to stretch in length, only in width. Given the generally narrow construction of Guidis, I would allow for 1.5 - 2 cm of room at the toe, depending on how narrow your feet are (if you have narrow feet 1.5cm is probably enough.)
    the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

^^ahh thanks very much. thats what i thought, but hope springs eternal...

Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    well here is what i'm really trying to figure out:

its impossible for me to try these on as there is no retailer anywhere near me. i'm thinking of buying some guidi's in horse reverse with an insole that measures about 28.5cm in length. my foot measures about 28cm in length with no sock. is this how i should want a boot like this to fit? right up on my toe like that, so that it can stretch and mold to that second skin feel? i would generally never cut it that close with most traditional shoes/sneaks, etc. sorry to ask such a noob question in here and de-rail the thread...
    based on the measurements I'd say we are the same size. I'm not sure about the insole measurement as mine don't have any, but an outsole of 29.5-30cm is optimal for me. in guidi, that means anything from 42 to 44 depending on the model.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Bump

want to hear more stories please..with pictures
    WTB: This