Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

yeh i think so, i mean i like my boots tight in general i am always lacing up as tight as i can.
    I would guess if you can get your foot into them at first they should stretch out to fit perfect no problem.

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

Have a pair of sheepskin 8-hole lace-ups in the mail to me, I went up two because I have a high arch and need insoles. Now that I hear the sheep is a bit more forgiving in sizing, hope they aren't too big

Comment

• cuddly
        • Sep 2007

want to add. just tried on ss10 side zip guidi in reverse stag leather. im a 40 and a 43 fit spot on,huh whut?? another one to throw in the mix to consider. and the plot thickens...

Comment

• stretcheroo
          • Nov 2009

FWIW, I have Guidi back-zip boots in 42.5, 43, and 44.5. I'm "typically" a 42. Undoubtedly the best way to buy them is to try them on. If that's not possible, get a measurement of the outsole and compare that to some boots that fit you -- seems obvious but that should help some.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^^ Lol cuddly you're not making me feel any better with my boots in the mail at the moment.

Just wondering. What kind of shoe trees does everybody use? Does the shoe tree need to be supporting of the shaft as well, or just the foot area? Looking at some of these: http://woodlore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...e=Shoe-Trees-M

Also no treatment put onto the uppers? Just some rain/stain protectant? That's about all the information I gathered from the other threads. Some people mention conditioners and what not soften the leather too much.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

cuddly you were jsut trying them on, they shouldn't fit spot on at first becuase they will strech out to be way too big

guidi's leather is washed, its like anything when you wash a rick t-shirt, or any of that matter it ends up looking tiny you wear it once and its back to the correct size.

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
              want to add. just tried on ss10 side zip guidi in reverse stag leather. im a 40 and a 43 fit spot on,huh whut?? another one to throw in the mix to consider. and the plot thickens...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Mine felt better today already.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

just placed a special order with Lazzari for a pair of backzips, now to endure the wait...

Comment

• mandrup
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Mine felt better today already.
                    Tall or mid version?
                    Last edited by mandrup; 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Prototypes
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                      just placed a special order with Lazzari for a pair of backzips, now to endure the wait...
                      which one did u go for? babycalf?

Comment

• eckblk
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by xeraphim View Post
                        Does anybody know how to get to through to Lazarri? I've tried to email and have got no response.

I'd like to place an order but, need some measurements. I'm assuming they ship to the US?

Comment

• nicelynice
                          • Oct 2009

Just ended up with a pair of Guidi boots thanks to classifieds, couldn't be more satisfied. These are the 08 A/W Sheepskin ones, black with bronze tones. They're a buttery soft lamb leather, which makes them feel a lot more like a shoe than a stiff boot. The lighter weight leather will make them perfect for the summer months, though I might withhold on wearing them through the snow.

I'm a 42 / US 9, and I went with a 44 because I like to wear an insole for comfort. The sheepskin boots are definitely more pliable, and I could have probably sized down to a 43 even with the insole, but I bought some heel grippers and, assuming they don't stretch too much, now fit perfectly.

Whoever made the comment that they feel like a sock is right on the
                          money, these feel just like wearing a glove around my foot. The malleability of the leather is already apparently, and I can feel them already molding to my feet, without the break-in time of horse or donkey. With these insoles, honestly just as comfortable, if not more,than my trainers, something I've never been able to say for boots before.

One thing - one of the laces is broken. I called Guidi, but unfortunately the language barrier is too much of an issue, so they said to e-mail, and I haven't gotten a response yet. Any other way to get a replacement?

Tucked into sweats

Jeans over

Comment

• eckblk
                            • Mar 2010

Here's my contribution the tread:
                            These just showed up today, rev stag side zips size 43. They are actually going back, I need a size down (i hope). Incase anyone is wondering the size 43 measured, about 11 3/4" and was about 4 1/8" at the widest point.

Comment

• shawn
                              • Apr 2007

They look very solid and nice . so they fits like 42.5?

Comment

• xeraphim
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Prototypes View Post
                                which one did u go for? babycalf?
                                was deliberating between horse and donkey for awhile, went with the latter.

Originally posted by eckblk View Post
                                Does anybody know how to get to through to Lazarri? I've tried to email and have got no response.

I'd like to place an order but, need some measurements. I'm assuming they ship to the US?
                                my entire order process was done through email, didn't have any issues.

p.s. for those who have done special orders, how often (if ever) do you get updates from the stores?
                                Last edited by xeraphim; 03-23-2010, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎