Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jscl
    • Jan 2010

seatbelts is probably right, it might be the way i walk as the outside of my foot hits the ground first oh well, i guess i was just hoping the shoes would keep their super tight fit. fwiw i have the horse lace ups, sized up 1.5.
    JUST THE HITS

Comment

• chomeo
      • Mar 2010

here's my backzipped. I sent it in to have vibram soles added on and the cobbler polished the entire shoes including the side of the soles. i'd forgotten to tell the cobbler not to polish the sole and when i got them back, they looked like dress boots.

Comment

• lazyguru
        • Jun 2008

That blows! So the awesome grainy coarse texture of the heel has been polished smooth? I feel sorry for you

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Why would they do that???

Now I'm paranoid...I have a pair at the cobblers right now and I didn't mentioning anything about not polishing the soles.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jscl View Post
            are anyone else's guidi's so narrow that their foot has pushed out on the sides, stretching the leather past the edge of the sole? maybe i didn't size up enough or have a fat foot... just 1.5 up...
            yes i have a pair that did this and know of others that do as well. my guess is that some models (maybe the softer leathers?) purposefully fit very narrow and that this is inevitable. especially when taking into account the use of a single leather piece with a narrow shaft designed to wrinkle and crease with wear. it needs to be soft and narrow or else they will stretch to fit loose and sloppy. this way they feel like thick leather socks.

also, had i sized up more they would be too long. i have gotten used to this is and quite like it. this is the only boot i have that does this and is the only boot i have that has the same cool creased and wrinkled shaft...
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

by the way i use Obenauf's Leather Oil on mine and i love it. very gentle but really restores the softness and soothes the dryness.

but i've been wondering, is there something i should be doing on my reverse leather pair? i could spray them with a protectant but is there any restorative product out there for reverse leather?
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lost53
                • Dec 2010

come on cj... get the camera out!

Chomeo, polished or not those boots look fantastic, cheers!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  Why would they do that???

Now I'm paranoid...I have a pair at the cobblers right now and I didn't mentioning anything about not polishing the soles.
                  Same reason as to why 99% of the people out there think you look like a homeless bum.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• chomeo
                    • Mar 2010

^^

Dane - it's part of their services i guess. bring any old pair of shoes in for work and typically, you'll get a nice shine to them after. it's just for these, i didn't need it!

it's funny, i really beat up these guidis and they've become my most comfortable pair of boots and ones that i grab everywhere i go. i wanted to try vibram out and used these as test with the cobbler before i send my more treasured shoes/boots which i hardly wear!

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Gah...I guess I'll call tomorrow and hope they haven't already done the deed.

I wonder though - if you brought them in a bit beat up, maybe they thought the roughness of the sole was due to wear?
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Spoke to cobbler today and he promised to not touch the outsides of the soles anymore than need be (some filing is necessary to smooth the vibram rubber and blend it in).

I hate leather soles.

Comment

• chomeo
                          • Mar 2010

on the contrary, i like leather soles more! it's not as bad as it sounds. the soles do get scraped up as soon as I wore it. the factory pre-distressing was nice but i'm not losing sleep over a bit of shine now.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

^ exactly, shit will get fucked up again in now time anyway.

Originally posted by nictan View Post
                            But personally, the reason why i bought my guidis is down to the fact that they have a more roundish/bulbous toe shape. So i was worried for a moment there that they would flatten out.
                            precisely my only issue with Guidi's. would appreciate a sleeker, more refined toe shape but Guidi seem inclined to stick with the same hoof like last shape..

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by chomeo View Post
                              on the contrary, i like leather soles more! it's not as bad as it sounds. the soles do get scraped up as soon as I wore it. the factory pre-distressing was nice but i'm not losing sleep over a bit of shine now.
                              We have flat carpet and polished marble floors at work...I end up slipping and sliding all day. I also hate that crunching noise that leather soles make when walking outside on the sidewalk.

My neurosis always wins.

Comment

• dream
                                • Nov 2007

Guidi

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡