X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bryantyj
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by ashveil View Post
    forgive me for asking the obvious, but what exactly is the hidden platform? is it just a platform inside the boot that raises the foot to fill the volume?

the pictures showing the more substantial sole on the backzips/ 788 boots look really good; i prefer them to the more sock-like Guidis. i just bought a pair of the higher heel version in black through PNP but i'm worried at 6'2 and built like a stick any extra height will make me look ganglier than i already am!
    This look very much spacier than other Guidis. Might have to size up 1 instead of the normal 2.

Comment

• dmash
      • Jun 2011

So what's the general consensus on the Q15 shoulder bag (see post below)? Seems like a solid choice, but have seen 2 pop up on classifieds within the past couple weeks. Any owners care to share an opinion?
      Last edited by dmash; 08-28-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Damn, you guys are geeks. I don't know the fucking model numbers. Post a picture.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dmash
          • Jun 2011

Haha, sorry Faust. It's this one, almost like a duffle:

Comment

• kucejoe
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
            first-hand thoughts regarding the actual functionality of the totes....size, thickness of leather, construction, handle length, etc...
            This answer may be coming a bit late, but the model you are referring to (the one in this LINK) is definitely more of a briefcase than a tote. The leather and the construction make it quite structured and stiff and case-like (more so than any other Guidi bag I can recall). Also, the handle length would make carrying it over the shoulder a bit of a challenge. However, Guidi is producing a model that is much more of a tote bag style (less structured, in softer leathers, slightly longer strap, zippered top closure, etc.).
            Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• dmash
              • Jun 2011

The new 'Horse Leather Weekender' bag at Atelier looks awesome. Duffle like with handles AND a shoulder strap.

Comment

• SlightRight
                • Mar 2011

Is there any significant difference when wearing skinny jeans tuck into the boots between low heel back-zip (986) and high heel back-zip (786)?
                Or they just look knida the same when wearing?

Comment

• DRRRK
                  • Aug 2009

The sole of the 786 is also thicker which makes them chunkier and the overall look different, not too much though. I sold the low heel ones and wore them with tight pants before. The look is more elegant, but both work well with tight pants. For backzips I'd prefer the lower heel, for laced boots the higher one, but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

• volta
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by SlightRight View Post
                    Is there any significant difference when wearing skinny jeans tuck into the boots between low heel back-zip (986) and high heel back-zip (786)?
                    Or they just look knida the same when wearing?
                    no. what should the difference be, except for the obvious?

Comment

• Magic1
                      • Jan 2011

am I the only one not interested in the hidden platform boots?

the bags are great though...colors and textures are unreal.

Comment

• Marko
                        • Jul 2009

No, you aren't. They look like some sort of weird hooves to me.

Comment

• dmash
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Marko View Post
                          No, you aren't. They look like some sort of weird hooves to me.
                          It matches the toe box then I love Guidi's leather, but I really think they should improve on the toe box. or maybe I'm in the minority here and the most of you guys like it.

Comment

• Magic1
                            • Jan 2011

Yeah, I use to really not not like rounded toe-boxes, probably because they were reserved for the ugliest shoes in other respects, but through exposure to carpe diem, I realized that they can be beautiful. And so the guidi toe box is fine with me, although I do think they could have a little bit more diversity in their lasts without compromising the overal feel of their footwear.

Comment

• bonejelly
                              • Jul 2008

i've always been a fan of the guidi toebox shape. gives it that old world sort of feel.

Comment

• Prezens
                                • Aug 2011

^ with regards to toe boxes, i think in general i prefer somewhere in between, i.e not a clownish round, and not totally pointy.

is there any functional reason for the slight protruding heel that is seen particularly with guidis? they seem to slightly stick out backwards, if you see what I mean. (i'm referring to the actual boot where your heel would be in, and not the soles.)
                                Always wondered, as i didn't think it enhanced the overall look in any way lol
                                One man's style must not be the rule of another's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎