Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gavagai
    • May 2010

There are literally 40 pages in this thread. You don't need to just read the last page.

There is a wealth of information on the previous pages regarding all the different leather and models.

All horse is not cordovan. All cordovan is horse.

Thickness of the toe box various by leather and model number. Generally speaking, the toe box is thicker and harder than the rest of the shoe.

Comment

• Karura
      • Feb 2012

To my knowledge, I believe Guidi has atleast two types of horse leather for shoes. There is the full-grain horse leather, and cordovan, which isn't large enough for the pattern of the backzip boots. I could be wrong though, because I've seen a classified about cordovan 988 boots, but it could be false advertising.

Comment

• gavagai
        • May 2010

The Archive has some front zip boots listed as "soft cordovan"

(scroll down in the link)

The Archive SF is a San Francisco men's fashion boutique where you can find progressive and unique dark fashion designs. Discover emerging brands—learn more!

Comment

• mona13
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          New favorite color (at least for women) is the black-bronze I saw at IF. Simply incredible.
          Agreed! Saw those the other day, and have been dreaming about them ever since....

Comment

• tron
            • Dec 2010

Black bronze sounds amazing. Is it black with bronze peering through or ...?

Anyone have pics by the way?
            Very intrigued by this.
            "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tron View Post
              Black bronze sounds amazing. Is it black with bronze peering through or ...?

Anyone have pics by the way?
              Very intrigued by this.
              click me. even better on boots, for obvious reasons.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tron
                • Dec 2010

Ah that is gorgeous. I'm excited to see it in a larger format like a boot though. I assume the tonal variation is much more noticeable there.
                "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• SlightRight
                  • Mar 2011

That precisely is Marco's suggestion as well!
                  The info of Guidi cordovan is kind limited which makes me very interested.
                  The cordovan is basically stiffer and stronger than those other Guidi leathers.
                  I suspect it will give better aging result and last longer.
                  But I'm kind worried that cordovan would look "too formal" on derbies...
                  Would it be?

Originally posted by pseudonym View Post
                  Depends on whether you are comparing regular leather with reversed, how thick the leather used is, and if they are lined. Kinda stating the obvious I guess. In my experience, no Guidi leather that I have tried is so stiff that it is uncomfortable, and most times the horse leather types tend to be the most stiff. Of the horse & cordovan types, I have found reversed to be the most comfortable even on the first wear.

As far as wearing without socks, I have only done that a few times with Donkey leather Guidi derbies. That was plenty comfortable so I would imagine not too much difference in horse or cordovan, especially if you have them broken in slightly already.

Why would you not get Kangaroo derbies if you want to wear them without socks? They are super lightweight and comfortable.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

I think much of how cordovan appears has to do with the treatment and production. People tend to think of the highly polished, stiff cordovan of high end dress shoes but in fact, a lot of Guidi cordovan looks kind of worn and raw.

So I think it would depend on the individual style and model as to whether they look 'dressy' or not. I know they made derbies in this same style.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kanne
                      • Jun 2009

Is it possible to send shoes in and get them re-dyed by Guidi?

I think I've read in the classifieds that Guidi offered this after a custom order turned out the wrong color. If I remember correctly, the person ended up selling them instead; did anyone actually go through with this?

Would be good to know if they offer this service and if a second wash/dye will harm the leather or fuck with the sizing even more. Otherwise I'll probably have to find a cobbler who's willing to dye my derbies and trustworthy enough not to turn them into dress shoes...

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

why do you need them re-dyed?
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

And at Guidi? Even if they consent, it will cost you an arm and a leg. Find a good cobbler and do it there.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dmash
                            • Jun 2011

So the Guidi GB2 bag.......is this a somewhat ideal bag for carrying to class? As in, would a notebook, macbook, textbook and like a bottle water and gym clothes all fit? Also, more precisely, would the textbook/notebook be awkward inside or would it lay flat on the bottom quite well?

If I'm off point here, is there another Guidi bag one may recommend that may fit my needs better?

Picture of GB2 incase not familiar with codes:

Comment

• PoubelleMaBelle
                              • Feb 2012

Any idea how to wear these? The sole looks pretty weak.

Could i get away with just putting taps on the back/front or would i have to vibram the sole? Because it seems like that would ruin the intended profile...

Comment

• SlightRight
                                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dmash View Post
                                So the Guidi GB2 bag.......is this a somewhat ideal bag for carrying to class? As in, would a notebook, macbook, textbook and like a bottle water and gym clothes all fit? Also, more precisely, would the textbook/notebook be awkward inside or would it lay flat on the bottom quite well?

If I'm off point here, is there another Guidi bag one may recommend that may fit my needs better?

Picture of GB2 incase not familiar with codes:

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE

Hey D, if u have a lot to carry, GB2 would fit u spot on!!
                                It can easily hold a 15'' macbook along with other "go to school" stuffs.
                                I used to have one, but ended up selling it. I didn't use it as I thought I would. I wish I would carry more things than cellphone and wallet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎