Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1124

Thread: GUIDI

  1. #1001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
    Is there somewhere to see samples of guidi leathers and colors in person? Or something online at least for different color codes?

    I am ordering a shoe in white, something that you think would be simple. But there are 4 different codes (at least) for white and I can only find pictures of 2 of them.

    112t = bone color
    906t = warm white
    B34t = milk (FW14)
    2001t = clean white (SS14)

    And pictures of different leathers in the same color code look different or different pictures of the same leather will look different because of lighting. Perhaps I am overthinking all of this and I should just choose one, but I like the make the most informed decision possible.
    I think you should just go for 112T, it is 100% pure white.

  2. #1002

    Default

    If 112t is pure white than what does that make 2001t? and how does that compare to B34t?

    The only one I can really figure out is the 906t because there are many pictures and it seems to be off white with a slightly yellow tint.

  3. #1003

    Default

    I'm not so sure about that. 906t seems to be their cleanest white to me... Almost a very faint grey... Not trying to plug my own sales thread, but if you look at the 788Z 906t that I have posted, shot on a black background, I would say that what you see is what they look like IRL. There are no other shots on the internet that show 906t on black, which I think is the most illustrative of its real tone. I have had the same dilemma, and 906t became my choice for the cleanest (but not too clean) white.

    Quote Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
    If 112t is pure white than what does that make 2001t? and how does that compare to B34t?

    The only one I can really figure out is the 906t because there are many pictures and it seems to be off white with a slightly yellow tint.

  4. #1004

    Default

    It is hard to tell the color because they are reversed. Would you say that bone is even more grey than that?

  5. #1005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
    It is hard to tell the color because they are reversed. Would you say that bone is even more grey than that?
    If you want Guidi white then just go for 112T - milk white, 906T and 212T is off white.

  6. #1006

    Default

    I don't know what I want anymore :/

  7. #1007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Who's Viberg?
    i know this is an old post, but viberg is a boot company out of victoria, bc, canada, since 1931. they made work boots by hand for decades and decades, but since mid 2000s they've become more popular with the fashion side of clothing distribution, and have produced a number of collaborations with various companies. having handled/sold(when i still worked in retail) many of the models they produce, i can say they're definitely some of the best quality boots available, which is understandable since they primarily produced boots for logging for the first 70-80 years they were around. to illustrate, in order to break them in it is advised you fill them up with hot water for a period of time, then wear them as tightly laced as possible while they're drying.

  8. #1008

    Default

    Does anyone know how much the cuts of the boots vary each season?
    I tried a pair of the 3010's on at LIFT in Japan in 2012 which fit my calves to perfection (very hard for me, most boots are too wide).

    I'm still lusting after them and considering buying a pair online, but in the pictures the shaft looks very wide at the calf. I'm worried they'll be too big.

    Is it likely that the cut would have changed over the last two years or could it just be the angle of the photo/flatness of the shaft without a leg inside?

    The 3010's aren't really widely available. I originally tried on the normal leather style, but can only find a dark grey option or a black reverse option in my size online. Struggling to decide which option is best.

    Would the dark grey be hard to DIY dye down to black? Or is the reverse black a better option in terms of wear-and-tear? Financially the reverse black are a better deal...
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

  9. #1009
    kitsch killer Faust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Long hard road out of hell
    Posts
    37,644

    Default

    I think you should email them. I doubt the cut has changed, but I wouldn't want you to rely on my guess. I would not recommend trying to dye leather yourself.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

    StyleZeitgeist Magazine

  10. #1010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    I think you should email them. I doubt the cut has changed, but I wouldn't want you to rely on my guess. I would not recommend trying to dye leather yourself.
    Thank you, I will definitely ask them directly.

    Editing this to add that they got back to me very quickly and kindly explained the the shafts come in normal width and small/slim width, of which I personally require small.

    But that information may be helpful to someone in the future so I've included it here.


    Editing this again to thank Holger for being so patient with me whilst I asked a million questions before ordering my dream 3010's and agreeing to custom order a pair for me to my specifications.

    Now to wait til September to get them!
    Last edited by ahn; 05-17-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

  11. #1011

  12. #1012

    Default

    I did not care for it at first but quite like the Guidi Rosellini asthetic and welcome the change! The only issue I have is with that vachetta going from tan to mucky brown , wish there was way to keep it the way it is.

  13. #1013
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Any recommendation for leather conditioner for a pair of horse backzips?

  14. #1014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Any recommendation for leather conditioner for a pair of horse backzips?
    Any good leather conditioner. Lexol, Bick 4... avoid stuff with silicone or alcohol. I'm assuming you aren't referring to the reverse horse?

  15. #1015
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohikaarme View Post
    Any good leather conditioner. Lexol, Bick 4... avoid stuff with silicone or alcohol. I'm assuming you aren't referring to the reverse horse?
    Thanks!

    No, its full grain regular horse :)

  16. #1016
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Putting in a custom order for a pair of 789z donkeys. I have a pair 988 in stag and 788z in horse and noticed the shaft was slimmer with the horse 788z. It should be due to the leather as I tried 988 in horse which was slimmer than stag. Donkey is in between stag I guess. Anybody have experience with tall backzips? Should I get 789sz? Cheers

  17. #1017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Putting in a custom order for a pair of 789z donkeys. I have a pair 988 in stag and 788z in horse and noticed the shaft was slimmer with the horse 788z. It should be due to the leather as I tried 988 in horse which was slimmer than stag. Donkey is in between stag I guess. Anybody have experience with tall backzips? Should I get 789sz? Cheers
    Don't have any tall Guidi back zips but I have 788z in donkey and imo that is the best leather for plain Guidi boots - it ages so well!..

  18. #1018
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
    Don't have any tall Guidi back zips but I have 788z in donkey and imo that is the best leather for plain Guidi boots - it ages so well!..
    Yeah I never handled donkey but heard great things about them. Normally I wouldn't order guidis without trying, but figure 44 should be fine as donkey seems more similar to horse than stag. For me the softer and thinner leathers seem to fit to loose in size 44 (while being a pain for the toes in size 43).
    Might as well get a pair of 991 while Im at it. Anyone know a place that stock the 991 preferable in horse, cordovan or donkey?

  19. #1019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Yeah I never handled donkey but heard great things about them. Normally I wouldn't order guidis without trying, but figure 44 should be fine as donkey seems more similar to horse than stag. For me the softer and thinner leathers seem to fit to loose in size 44 (while being a pain for the toes in size 43).
    Might as well get a pair of 991 while Im at it. Anyone know a place that stock the 991 preferable in horse, cordovan or donkey?
    Well, when it comes to Guidi sizes, people usually tell you to size up 2-3 times, but that is not necessary since the boots eventually will stretch out, like all handmade quality leather does.. - One size is enough! - Which is why I got a pair of 788Z custom made in size 42,5 (I'm 41,5).

    I got mine from Holger - hide-m - and he can get you every Guidi model (and leather?) you want and his a very cool guy too - so contact him if you want the 991..

    My next pair will be the red reversed 788Z from aw12 and PL2 in black or white.

  20. #1020
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Grüveltner View Post
    Well, when it comes to Guidi sizes, people usually tell you to size up 2-3 times, but that is not necessary since the boots eventually will stretch out,
    Yeah I cant speak for other people and I beliefe I have somewhat narrow feet but 1 size is more than enough for me so far (and even too wide in some leathers) Im a 43 normally.

    I get my guidis from W19 locally in sweden. I can just add the ones I want to their order but would be nice not having to wait for a custom order :)

    Btw...Ive looked through this thread more than once...but I cant remember if I saw an answer to why one model is called 988 and the other is called 788z when the z stands for double sole and higher heel? My 988 stag and 788z horse feel like they have a slightly different shape but this could possibly be due to the leather. Is there a 988z and would it differ from 788z? Perhaps someone can enlighten me :)

    My horse 788z in 1006t...don't know exactly when it was first introduced. SS13?

    Although lightning is a little bit off...Id say they have more black in them than the pics. Less glowing red.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •